ImageImageImageImageImage

Windhorst: Raptors "In the Driving Seat" for Kawhi Leonard (*Update PG 79)

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,101

Re: Windhorst: Raptors interest in Kawhi "Something to Monitor" 

Post#301 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:06 am

TheAlchemist wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:hey alchameist I thought you had a source too

were u just messing with us ?

My source is the same guy everyone tweeted. He let me know where he got it from and I can verify it is solid.

Where did he get it from then? Tell us.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,745

Post#302 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:08 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:

My source is the same guy everyone tweeted. He let me know where he got it from and I can verify it is solid.

is it from SA or Toronto front office ?
Thespianoid
RealGM
And1: 78,794

Post#303 » by Thespianoid » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:08 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:

no
Clementine9 wrote:Missed shots are unfortunate, but it's the trends throughout the game that matter.

Choker wrote:The swing in how Raptors fans have supported and turned on Powell is a good case study of human behavior.
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,865

Post#304 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:08 am

KRANG wrote:First we evaluate
Then we monitor
So what's next? Assess, review, configure?

Analyze
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,016

Post#305 » by raptor jesus » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:11 am

dukes_wild wrote:This is why these nobodies tweet that they have "sources" about Raptors trades.

You've all fell for the bait.

There's a pretty obvious rule when it comes to basketball rumors. If it doesn't come from the legit media that actually have sources like Woj, Shams, to a lesser extent Marc Stein, don't believe it. All you're doing is setting yourself up for disappointment and giving these nobodies clicks

While that's generally true, it's not always the case. Carl2680, a poster on this very forum, broke the news of Kidd leaving the Nets for the Bucks. In other words, this trade is happening.
dukes_wild
RealGM
And1: 50,145

Post#306 » by dukes_wild » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:12 am

raptor jesus wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:This is why these nobodies tweet that they have "sources" about Raptors trades.

There's a pretty obvious rule when it comes to basketball rumors. If it doesn't come from the legit media that actually have sources like Woj, Shams, to a lesser extent Marc Stein, don't believe it. All you're doing is setting yourself up for disappointment and giving these nobodies clicks

While that's generally true, it's not always the case. Carl2680, a poster on this very forum, broke the news of Kidd leaving the Nets for the Bucks. In other words, this trade is happening.

Throw enough **** at the wall some of it is bound to stick
Geddy wrote:You're probably scratching your balls and eating cheese puffs

Ice Trae wrote:Is it just me or does Derrick Rose look like Jean Claude Van Damme
raptor jesus
RealGM

Post#307 » by raptor jesus » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:15 am

dukes_wild wrote:
raptor jesus wrote:

It wasn't like that; he posted days ahead of time exactly what played out.

viewtopic.php?t=1330298
TheAlchemist
General Manager
And1: 8,252

Post#308 » by TheAlchemist » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:15 am

Although I do admit my friend is a nobody, and even I don't think this deal will come through (we're over paying),

It has been confirmed by Windhorst, some other reporters and touched upon by guys like Zach Lowe as well.

The teams are definitely talking.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#309 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:19 am

raptor jesus wrote:

did carl2680 post anything about kawhi to raps?
raptor jesus
RealGM

Post#310 » by raptor jesus » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:19 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
raptor jesus wrote:

PM him.
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#311 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:20 am

raptor jesus wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
raptor jesus wrote:

PM him.

lol ok lets try
dukes_wild
RealGM
And1: 50,145

Post#312 » by dukes_wild » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:22 am

Sources are telling me it's DeRozan + OG for Kawhi + Green

If I'm right I knew all along if I'm wrong it was just a joke tehee
Geddy wrote:You're probably scratching your balls and eating cheese puffs

Ice Trae wrote:Is it just me or does Derrick Rose look like Jean Claude Van Damme
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,256

Post#313 » by SurgeIblocka » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:28 am

Lets trade the one guy who shows loyalty to an organization for 1 year of player who has shown no loyalty to the best organization in sports. Oh and also give them our best prospect in OG.

Masai is brilliant
WuTang_OG
RealGM

Post#314 » by WuTang_OG » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:28 am

We all know Masai is smart

Let's think about this for a second...

If he gives up say OG / Demar or Lowry / Poeltl for one year of Kawhi, that could be a fireable offence.

Say what you want about Demar, he's a star. OG is our best prospect and Poeltl is a another solid young player with a bright future.

We are giving up way too much for 1 year of Kawhi.

Dont see Masai doing it unless he can get more years on that contract. To pull a Sam presti is ballsy and could easily backfire.
diamondsfinest
Pro Prospect
And1: 791

Post#315 » by diamondsfinest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:30 am

SurgeIblocka wrote:Lets trade the one guy who shows loyalty to an organization for 1 year of player who has shown no loyalty to the best organization in sports. Oh and also give them our best prospect in OG.

Masai is brilliant

It's for sure the kind of move that makes or breaks a franchise

If he's even similar to his old self, him and JV on the pick and pop is quite the threat
SurgeIblocka
Head Coach
And1: 5,256

Post#316 » by SurgeIblocka » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:34 am

OG is a potential stud 3 and D player who is the only one who showed some balls against Lebron. If we are giving up OG, Demar shouldnt be going the other way as well. Give them JV or Ibaka , but to give them a top 10 player along with OG for just one year of Kawhi is insane. If Kawhi agrees to an extension then the trade is fair, but to have no clue if he would even be interested in resigning, is just ludacris to make this kind of trade.
diamondsfinest
Pro Prospect
And1: 791

Post#317 » by diamondsfinest » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:37 am

SurgeIblocka wrote:OG is a potential stud 3 and D player who is the only one who showed some balls against Lebron. If we are giving up OG, Demar shouldnt be going the other way as well. Give them JV or Ibaka , but to give them a top 10 player along with OG for just one year of Kawhi is insane. If Kawhi agrees to an extension then the trade is fair, but to have no clue if he would even be interested in resigning, is just ludacris to make this kind of trade.

so is paying Ibaka 20 million a year but we did that anyways
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,101

Post#318 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:39 am

raptor jesus wrote:
dukes_wild wrote:
raptor jesus wrote:

It wasn't like that; he posted days ahead of time exactly what played out.

viewtopic.php?t=1330298

Yeah Carl2680 is an undercover GOAT.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,564

Post#319 » by mtcan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:43 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
TheAlchemist wrote:

is it from SA or Toronto front office ?

As much as i would love to believe that Kawhi to Toronto rumours are true...this might be more likely:
RC Buford leveraging his relationship with Masai...to use Toronto as a way to get the Lakers and Sixers to up their respective offers. Since both teams COULD theoretically absorb salary...it might work out to Toronto's favour when it comes to dumping salary later on. Perhaps Toronto gets to dump an Ibaka on one of those teams with cap room or San Antonio (who are under the cap as well) in return for a couple of second round picks.

This has to be leaked from San Antonio's front office because we know that Masai is as secretive as can be. This is a controlled leak and I'm sure RC Buford has Masai's blessing to use Toronto's perceived interest to drum up the trade value so that maybe they do us a favour later on down the line.
RaptorPride
General Manager
And1: 17,505

Post#320 » by RaptorPride » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:53 am

Read on Twitter
Spoiler:

Return to Toronto Raptors