ImageImageImageImageImage

Ric Bucher: "Chris Bosh will be traded this summer."

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

kdot99
Veteran
And1: 212

Re: Ric Bucher: "Chris Bosh will be traded this summer." 

Post#341 » by kdot99 » Mon May 18, 2009 12:24 am

Contract Season wrote:Why do people seem to like trades where Beasley is the marquee piece back?

Sure he's got a ton of talent to work with but ...
(1) He's a bit of a tweener. (Three or a four)
(2) He's not very motivated, has a poor motor
(3) Doesn't do anything spectacularly, isn't a freak athlete, not a great jump shooter.
(4) Not very mature.

He's a 4, just like in the same sense that Antawn Jamison is a 4.
And um, he's a ridiculously good scorer, he's a good shooter too. He's 20 and can build upon all that.

Not saying I would want Beasley in a package for Bosh (though he's probably one of the best young players we can get back) but there was a reason or two on why he was the #2 pick.
underdog33
Lead Assistant
And1: 355

Post#342 » by underdog33 » Mon May 18, 2009 12:49 am

I like beasley's skills but I don't really like his demeanor. At this stage bosh is garnett compared to beasley in terms of 'intensity'
O'neal and Moon 4 Life
TiKusDom
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#343 » by TiKusDom » Mon May 18, 2009 12:51 am

A front court of Beasley + Bargnani is going to get crushed physically and on the boards. We need a physical inside presence not another finesse big. B-EZ and Bargs in the middle = other teams dominant big men imposing their physical will on us. We need a physical inside presence, we would be going far away from that if we trade Bosh for Beasley. Beasley needs a strong physical center and Bargs needs an inside physical presence, they just do not complement each other well at all .
sl64
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#344 » by sl64 » Mon May 18, 2009 1:14 am

I hate the Beasley deal. If we're going to trade Bosh it doesn't make any sense to trade him for another PF who duplicates most of Bosh's flaws unless we want to continue with the same kind of mediocre team that we have now. Much better to trade him for a package that lets us address some other positional needs and also lets us move Bargs to his natural PF spot. If the GS deal is available I would take it over a Beasley deal 100 times out of 100.
Here's the thing about Chris Bosh ... If Joey Graham had longer arms, he'd be just as effective at PF." --SuigintouEV
diggity_88
Junior
And1: 0

Post#345 » by diggity_88 » Mon May 18, 2009 4:17 am

sl64 wrote:I hate the Beasley deal. If we're going to trade Bosh it doesn't make any sense to trade him for another PF who duplicates most of Bosh's flaws unless we want to continue with the same kind of mediocre team that we have now. Much better to trade him for a package that lets us address some other positional needs and also lets us move Bargs to his natural PF spot. If the GS deal is available I would take it over a Beasley deal 100 times out of 100.

I completely agree, alot of people say "why would you trade for the main peices of randolph and beans". Well, because they're young as hell, they work great to give bargs the reigns (even though hes far away from being that player). We get two high draft picks, out of a very good role player draft. It makes us a much more balanced/deeper/younger team. Putting us back in rebuild mode, and another trading peice in Jose. Where as the Miami deal just gives us Beasly, who looks liek an undersize 4, plays like one too(flame me for all of those who are fans of his, but personally, im pretty confident who wont be on the same level that Bosh is at now at any part of his career), some expirings....and thats it. To me the future looks 100x's brighter with the GSW deal. Gives us a chance to start fresh with a much better core. I mean worst case scenario, we could have a lineup of

Jennings
Derozan
Randolph (i think if he can make his game more so based around the 3, he'll be a mismatch nightmare)
Bargs
Beans

that seems pretty legit to me, also not to mention an exciting team.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#346 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon May 18, 2009 4:58 am

Serious question for Raptors fans: If you do trade Bosh, why are you guys so married to the idea of building around Bargnani? To me, he handicaps your flexibility, because he forces you to go out and find a real center or a physical power forward to pair with him. Not to mention he hasn't really shown anything yet that makes him a franchise type player.

Why not focus on collecting the best possible assets rather than trying to fit pieces around Bargnani? And to that extent, what do you guys think you could trade Andrea for?
Blazer_2458
Bench Warmer
And1: 45

Post#347 » by Blazer_2458 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:08 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:Serious question for Raptors fans: If you do trade Bosh, why are you guys so married to the idea of building around Bargnani? To me, he handicaps your flexibility, because he forces you to go out and find a real center or a physical power forward to pair with him. Not to mention he hasn't really shown anything yet that makes him a franchise type player.

Why not focus on collecting the best possible assets rather than trying to fit pieces around Bargnani? And to that extent, what do you guys think you could trade Andrea for?

1. BC will not trade Bargnani
2. Beasley = same issues as Bargani = no point in having him here
3. I can pretty much guarantee that Bosh is not traded to MIA for anything less than Beasley, our 1st, and at least 2 MIA 1st. Other packages are way more enticing due to the fact that Beasley is a pf in a sf body, has questionable character, and quite frankly remains me of a tim thomas type player.
4. BC was offered a trade at the deadline that would have made us a top 3 team in the East next year. REgardless of what you think, we are going to make a team bleed for taking Bosh. Without TOR, he would have never been considered a "star" in the first place. Vince left, and he automatically became "the franchise"..

Please stop posting on our board about how MIA is best destination for Bosh; its not and never will be. You might convince some kids but your not going to get through to people who have thought out what MIA could actually offer. Simply put, there's as much chance for Wade to come to TO in a BArgnani, 1st, "insert fodder" than Bosh going to MIA...
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#348 » by Wade2k6 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:12 am

diggity_88 wrote:
I completely agree, alot of people say "why would you trade for the main peices of randolph and beans". Well, because they're young as hell, they work great to give bargs the reigns (even though hes far away from being that player). We get two high draft picks, out of a very good role player draft. It makes us a much more balanced/deeper/younger team. Putting us back in rebuild mode, and another trading peice in Jose. Where as the Miami deal just gives us Beasly, who looks liek an undersize 4, plays like one too(flame me for all of those who are fans of his, but personally, im pretty confident who wont be on the same level that Bosh is at now at any part of his career), some expirings....and thats it. To me the future looks 100x's brighter with the GSW deal. Gives us a chance to start fresh with a much better core. I mean worst case scenario, we could have a lineup of

Jennings
Derozan
Randolph (i think if he can make his game more so based around the 3, he'll be a mismatch nightmare)
Bargs
Beans

First off, why would GS deal both Randolph and Beans for Bosh?

Second, that lineup would be incredibly too young to even sniff the playoffs. They would be one of the worst teams in the league for the next 2-3 years until they start to really develop. That lineup looks like a clone of the current GS team, which is 25-30 games under .500 and fighting for a top lottery pick in the draft.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#349 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon May 18, 2009 5:14 am

Blazer_2458 wrote:
Tim_Hardawayy wrote:Serious question for Raptors fans: If you do trade Bosh, why are you guys so married to the idea of building around Bargnani? To me, he handicaps your flexibility, because he forces you to go out and find a real center or a physical power forward to pair with him. Not to mention he hasn't really shown anything yet that makes him a franchise type player.

3. I can pretty much guarantee that Bosh is not traded to MIA for anything less than Beasley, our 1st, and at least 2 MIA 1st. Other packages are way more enticing due to the fact that Beasley is a pf in a sf body, has questionable character, and quite frankly remains me of a tim thomas type player.
4. BC was offered a trade at the deadline that would have made us a top 3 team in the East next year. REgardless of what you think, we are going to make a team bleed for taking Bosh. Without TOR, he would have never been considered a "star" in the first place. Vince left, and he automatically became "the franchise"..

Please stop posting on our board about how MIA is best destination for Bosh; its not and never will be. You might convince some kids but your not going to get through to people who have thought out what MIA could actually offer. Simply put, there's as much chance for Wade to come to TO in a BArgnani, 1st, "insert fodder" than Bosh going to MIA...

I said nothing about Miami being the best destination. I asked about Bargnani. Only one of your points addressed that issue, and all you said was that BC will not trade Bargnani, without any explanation as to why.

Beyond that, where do you get point number 4 from?
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#350 » by hsb » Mon May 18, 2009 5:16 am

Blazer_2458 wrote:Please stop posting on our board about how MIA is best destination for Bosh; its not and never will be. You might convince some kids but your not going to get through to people who have thought out what MIA could actually offer. Simply put, there's as much chance for Wade to come to TO in a BArgnani, 1st, "insert fodder" than Bosh going to MIA...

You're talking about the same fan base that thinks Bosh at center is a good idea lol. I thought our fan base overvalued players in the past but it's pretty pathetic how much they think Beasley can net.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
Blazer_2458
Bench Warmer

Post#351 » by Blazer_2458 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:17 am

Wade2k6 wrote:
diggity_88 wrote:

Jennings
Derozan
Bargs
Beans

First off, why would GS deal both Randolph and Beans for Bosh?

Second, that lineup would be incredibly too young to even sniff the playoffs. They would be one of the worst teams in the league for the next 2-3 years until they start to really develop. That lineup looks like a clone of the current GS team, which is 25-30 games under .500 and fighting for a top lottery pick in the draft.

GSW will offer Biedrins (role player) and Randolf (hasnt proven much) for Bosh (4 time allstar who was a top 3 player for team USA as per Kobe and Krycheski<-- wow thats rough) because Nellie is the GM and would love to have Bosh for his fantasy team (literally).
Blazer_2458
Bench Warmer

Post#352 » by Blazer_2458 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:19 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
Blazer_2458 wrote:

I said nothing about Miami being the best destination. I asked about Bargnani. Only one of your points addressed that issue, and all you said was that BC will not trade Bargnani, without any explanation as to why.

Beyond that, where do you get point number 4 from?

#4 comes from reports that surfaced around the trade deadline.The only way that Bargs is trade is if BC gets fired or is offered an offer he cannot refuse ... put it this way, Bargs will be here for as long as Diepietro is a NYI.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#353 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon May 18, 2009 5:22 am

hsb wrote:
Blazer_2458 wrote:Please stop posting on our board about how MIA is best destination for Bosh; its not and never will be. You might convince some kids but your not going to get through to people who have thought out what MIA could actually offer. Simply put, there's as much chance for Wade to come to TO in a BArgnani, 1st, "insert fodder" than Bosh going to MIA...

You're talking about the same fan base that thinks Bosh at center is a good idea lol. I thought our fan base overvalued players in the past but it's pretty pathetic how much they think Beasley can net.

Instead of making fun of Miami fans, why not try to participate in productive discussion, and ignore the obvious obtuse posters? I've seen some terrible posts from Toronto fans, but I don't consider them indicative of the Toronto fanbase as a whole.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM

Post#354 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon May 18, 2009 5:24 am

Blazer_2458 wrote:
#4 comes from reports that surfaced around the trade deadline.The only way that Bargs is trade is if BC gets fired or is offered an offer he cannot refuse ... put it this way, Bargs will be here for as long as Diepietro is a NYI.

#4 then is essentially meaningless.

As for Bargnani, I still don't understand. Why is BC so set on building around him? Does he see him developing into a Dirk like they originally had hoped?
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#355 » by Wade2k6 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:32 am

Just a thought to TOR fans:

If a player, like Bosh for example (like Bucher or whoever came out with that report) doesn't accept a contract offer and reportedly doesn't want to go back to his current team after his contract expires, that lowers his trade value. TOR isn't in a position to demand the type of value they think they should get because if the two teams don't agree to a sign-and-trade, Bosh could easily leave and TOR receive nothing in compensation. Now I realize TOR isn't going to trade Bosh away for nothing (and Beasley certainly isn't nothing), but if you think that your team is going to recieve full value for Bosh is a little unrealistic (if the reports are true).

And 2nd, I don't know where all this Beasley hate is coming from on this board. I personally prefer to keep Beasley and try to lure Bosh or Amare to MIA in 2010 (at least in my perspective). But, he put up very similar numbers to Bosh in his rookie season.

Bosh: 11.5 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 1 assist on 45.9% from the field in 33.5 mpg
Beasley: 13.9 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 1 assist on 47.2% from the field in 24.8 mpg

Now per 36
Bosh: 12.3 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 1.1 apg
Beasley: 20.1 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 1.5 apg

So this "Beasley can't reach Boshs level" is a little overblown on this board (understandingly, this is your forum). I just don't understand where all the hate is coming from.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,811

Post#356 » by Dr Positivity » Mon May 18, 2009 5:34 am

Yes. He said "wait 5 years to judge him, Roy will win ROY easily, but wait..." as soon as he was drafted... Bargnani is BC and Mauriziho Gheredini's homeboy and has been for a while.

But it's all irrelevant... you take the best deal available and worry about fit later. Frankly I still think Beasley can play SF beside Bargnani's PF, so it's not a big deal to me to have them both at once.
F statists
Blazer_2458
Bench Warmer

Post#357 » by Blazer_2458 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:35 am

Tim_Hardawayy wrote:
Blazer_2458 wrote:

#4 then is essentially meaningless.

As for Bargnani, I still don't understand. Why is BC so set on building around him? Does he see him developing into a Dirk like they originally had hoped?

Honestly, nobody knows why BC has the hots for Bargs. I think its one of those things that most have just gotten to accept. Personally, I think he will be a decent player (20, 6rpg, 2blk) because he's probably one of the biggest mismatches in the league; think Hedo in a centers body who can play decent man to man defence. Im not going to lie, I was never a big fan of Bargs but he has grown on me and I dont have any problem keeping him consider that he probably would not land us anything subtantial. In the end, the problem with our team is that we never rebuilt properly and keep trading picks for capspace that is used to sign 30 yrs old vets. I admit that many guys (Parker, Garbo, Kaps to a lesser extent) have helped us but the problem is that they stunned the growth of other players (graham) that would actually help us when we were actually be "in the mix". Now were in exactly the same position that we were a few years back with Vince in that we have bench players with (Please Use More Appropriate Word) contracts playing starting minutes and one player (Bosh) who cant carry the load ala Lebron.
Blazer_2458
Bench Warmer

Post#358 » by Blazer_2458 » Mon May 18, 2009 5:36 am

Dr Mufasa wrote:Yes. He said "wait 5 years to judge him, Roy will win ROY easily, but wait..." as soon as he was drafted... Bargnani is BC and Mauriziho Gheredini's homeboy and has been for a while.

But it's all irrelevant... you take the best deal available and worry about fit later. Frankly I still think Beasley can play SF beside Bargnani's PF, so it's not a big deal to me to have them both at once.

Beasley cannot play SF. Have you ever watch him play? He will get destroyed by opposing SFs... not to mention that if he could actually play SF im pretty sure he would start over Jamario freeking Moon
Soca
Veteran
And1: 865

Post#359 » by Soca » Mon May 18, 2009 5:41 am

Randolph's upside is extremely high. Reminds me of a more athletic version of Odom and he's a good shot blocker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eIgWRcMRzw
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,811

Post#360 » by Dr Positivity » Mon May 18, 2009 5:41 am

He played some 3 in the playoffs, albeit against Mo Evans. Miami has already talked about playing him at the 3 next year.

And these things can be manageable with a flexible roster. What I'd do is find some SF/PF bench defensive player like if we drafted Sam Young or something, then whenever we play a team with a star SF like Lebron or Pierce we guard them with him.

In any case... a lineup of Beasley/Bargnani/defensive C is a lot more reasonable defensively than a Beasley/Bargnani or Bosh/Bargnani frontcourt... I'll take a weak defensive SF, just let me have a real center.
F statists

Return to Toronto Raptors