ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Offseason Training (UPDATE: Lowry Workout Footage Pg23)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Re: Raptors Offseason Training Thread 

Post#41 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:31 am

C_Money wrote:
nabbs wrote:
xavis wrote:
OG better be working on those handles. Lol Derozan probably hasn't even started training yet.

God I hope they challenged him defensively because we desperately need him to do that. I don’t even care if he never develops a three at this point, just work on being a 2 way player.

He can play defence if he wants. He just doesn’t give a sh*t most the time.

sadly this is it. We have seen him play decent defense when Tucker was pushing him and calling him out on his lackluster effort. So it is definitely possible in my opinion, we just need a coach or player to push him to do so.
Credits to Jstock12
kj_
Analyst
And1: 3,299

Post#42 » by kj_ » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:22 pm

raptor jesus wrote:
xavis wrote:
RaptorPride wrote:You think it will make a difference in his game next year?

Can David Alexander make Serge Ibaka 28 again? If so, it will have a difference on his game.

Serge's issues are rooted in his lack of aggression, poor feel, limited skill set WAY MORE than his declining athleticism. It's not like prime Serge was also a knock down shooter w/ a working handle capable of making quick decisions. Yeah, he could block shots, but he could also linger around the paint in helpside back then - which isn't as feasible in today's spread out NBA. My point is, plug prime Serge into the Raps system; he still bricks a ton of shots, travels frequently, generally makes slow (and often bad) decisions with the ball, and shrinks on the boards.

Good to see him working out though. :wink:

Agreed, Serge doesn’t read the game well on offence. He’s still a really good stand still catch and shoot big though. Problem is, 4’s need to be play makers in today’s game. And 5’s need to rebound. Both things he doesn’t do well.

Trimming down a bit and improving his lateral quicks would help a lot on the defensive end as he’d be able to switch on to wings on the perimeter and hang with them better.

Hope we see some significant difference in his body entering training camp.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#43 » by nabbs » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:16 pm

Trying to find Kyle or Demar workouts but I more interested in our young guys improvement

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,613

Post#44 » by StopitLeo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:53 pm

nabbs wrote:
RaptorPride wrote:
nabbs wrote:I am actually encouraged by this. I used to be a Kin student and had to take quite a few biomechanics course for my major. David Alexander knows what he is doing

You think it will make a difference in his game next year?

Ultimately, skills translates the most but his jumping mechanics, lateral movement mechanics and overall mobility/athleticism may improve.

Basically, he takes a ton of measurements and to save you from jargon, it pertains to the optimal way your body moves. Then he designs a program that caters to your body and tries to figure out how to maximize athletics performances and prevent injury with your specific body type

He recently criticized Kristap's trainer when the trainer said how he wants to get Kristaps looking like a monster. David echoed my sentiments when he said that Kristap suffered an ACL tear via non-contact fall that wasn't even an awkward fall. It's clear to him that there is some sort of deficiency or energy leak within his kinetic chain and that is the first thing that needs to be corrected above all else.

That sounds good for Serge. He must have some significant inefficiencies in his movement because he seems to gas so quickly. It wouldn't hurt Jonas to work on his lateral quicks as well.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#45 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:49 pm

Any insight on OG? Do you guys have high hopes for him? What kind of player do you expect him to be?
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,746

Post#46 » by Yeezus_ » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:51 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:Any insight on OG? Do you guys have high hopes for him? What kind of player do you expect him to be?

Looking at your BAT, an OPJ and OG 3/4 combo is very lethal defensively.

I expect OG to be somewhat similar to OPJ.
Yeezy SZN approaching
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#47 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:58 pm

Yeezus_ wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:Any insight on OG? Do you guys have high hopes for him? What kind of player do you expect him to be?

I have Ibaka under contract for 2 more seasons. Im expecting OG to be ready by then to move into the starting lineup.

Currently i have OG playing some backup 2 minutes based on how my roster is right now. I have Thaddeus Young on a really good contract so im looking to move him to get a good SG. Otherwise i just play a really deep team and play OG a little out of position. I think defensively he can guard 2s.

What are your thoughts? Can OG play the 2 in limited minutes? What if i decided to start him at the 2?

Whiteside
Ibaka/Young
Porter/Young
OG/Barton
Schroder
nabbs
RealGM

Post#48 » by nabbs » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:48 am

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#49 » by lebron stopper » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:00 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Yeezus_ wrote:

I have Ibaka under contract for 2 more seasons. Im expecting OG to be ready by then to move into the starting lineup.

Currently i have OG playing some backup 2 minutes based on how my roster is right now. I have Thaddeus Young on a really good contract so im looking to move him to get a good SG. Otherwise i just play a really deep team and play OG a little out of position. I think defensively he can guard 2s.

What are your thoughts? Can OG play the 2 in limited minutes? What if i decided to start him at the 2?

Whiteside
Ibaka/Young
Porter/Young
OG/Barton
Schroder

OG's not a shooting guard at all. However, in terms of defense, he can switch onto most of them.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,765

Re: Raptors Offseason Training Thread (Update: New Pascal Footage Pg.3) 

Post#50 » by DreamTeam09 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:00 am

Pascal with a jumpshot is a problem

In Raptor Ball I Trust
lebron stopper
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,049

Post#51 » by lebron stopper » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:01 am

nabbs wrote:

Siakam developing his mid-range game I see you Siakam O_O

Next up, emulate this :P

bonjovi0308
Veteran
And1: 889

Post#52 » by bonjovi0308 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:07 am

Siakam is our Draymond Green! He just need to increase his nastiness and toughness next off season
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,160

Post#53 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:08 am

gonna be fun watching Pasclamps Siakam shut down Tatum for years to come :)
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
nabbs
RealGM

Post#54 » by nabbs » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:35 am

In between game will open up the floor him.

Also in regrds to the OG debate, I really think he should emulate his game after arrest. Bruising defender who was a catch and shoot guy and could hit the one dribble pull up

IbakasD
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,064

Post#55 » by IbakasD » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:40 am

Lmfao this fanbase never learns. One footage of him making 5 mid range shots in a practice setting, where the video is edited is hillarious. Last year he had 34 points in the CIA Bounce OVO tournament and had 6 3's. This season he was one of the worst shooters in the NBA. These workout videos mean crap, drew league means crap, open runs mean crap. This fanbase never learns man, it's hillarious. Pascal siakam will never be a consistent shooter, his form is terrible, and his shooting touch is terrible. It's not something you learn at 23 years old anymore.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,647

Post#56 » by PhilBlackson » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:55 am

Pascal has been working out with Little quite a bit, look at all the Raptor gear on everyone...

Tanking for Nasty Nas confirmed...

>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: WembGod - Face of the NBA Universe
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Post#57 » by WeTheNorth123 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:02 am

PhilBlackson wrote:Pascal has been working out with Little quite a bit, look at all the Raptor gear on everyone...

Tanking for Nasty Nas confirmed...

For a second i thought he was waring raptors shorts...

...regardless....bring his A$$ home!!!
nabbs
RealGM

Post#58 » by nabbs » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:32 am

Other updates from what I found on the interwebz:

- OG training out of a sport rehab place in LA (haven’t seen any oncourt stuff)

- Jak is training in Vienna

- Kyle has been in Toronto doing boxing for conditioning

YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,436

Post#59 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:33 am

IbakasD wrote:Lmfao this fanbase never learns. One footage of him making 5 mid range shots in a practice setting, where the video is edited is hillarious. Last year he had 34 points in the CIA Bounce OVO tournament and had 6 3's. This season he was one of the worst shooters in the NBA. These workout videos mean crap, drew league means crap, open runs mean crap. This fanbase never learns man, it's hillarious. Pascal siakam will never be a consistent shooter, his form is terrible, and his shooting touch is terrible. It's not something you learn at 23 years old anymore.

Your posts make me cringe.

Siakams entire 3 point history is SSS, but he shot 35% on 3’s after the all star break and was 3/4 in the post season.

Saying a 2nd year player will never be a 3 point threat when JV hit his first theee this year and **** them at 40%, or Ibaka who couldn’t shoot to save his life at Siakams age is just ignorant.

Be better tomorrow
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,993

Post#60 » by Mack11 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:40 am

any word on what bebe is working on

Return to Toronto Raptors