ImageImageImageImageImage

If you're a Siakam Fan then post here!

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,625

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#41 » by mdenny » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:11 pm

After the season starts and it's clear that Fred is better than kyle than this message board will be confronted with a crossroads:

Admit that Fed was better than we've ever wanted to admit....or cling to the last gasps of a vet who specializes in plays that casual ball fans can identify and appreciate.
TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

Post#42 » by TheDunc » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:11 pm

I think all it will take is 3-4 good performances in a row and all the negativity will go away surrounding him which is absurd after the career he's had up to date.

I will say id like to see Siakam really focus on his inside game because that was a strength of his before the bubble. He seems out of sync when driving the ball or rushing his shots but I know full well that this is more of a mental thing and he'll get over that hurdle eventually
KingSebastian
Rookie
And1: 1,219

Post#43 » by KingSebastian » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:13 pm

Excellent thread....needed around here these days

I'm still a fan...he will only get better. I expect a bounce back season and more

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,896

Post#44 » by Raps in 4 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:19 pm

He's been off to a good start shooting the 3 in the preseason so far (5-10 in 2 games). If his 3-point shot returns (35%+), he'll be in good shape.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,977

Post#45 » by Kevin Willis » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:39 pm

Duffman100 wrote:I definitely am. I just Siakam to get back to what was making Siakam, Siakam.

Start rim running more. Get more active off the ball.

I'm down as a Siakam Fan!! Let's get this party started!!!!

Ska needs to make a comeback.
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#46 » by bon » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:54 pm

Wasn't a fan of the pick on draft night but he has blown my expectations away every year since his rookie season. Being a championship starter and 2nd scoring option in his 3rd season, All-NBA in his 4th, wasn't a part of his projected trajectory at all.

And I get that no one is above criticism, but the vitriol sent his way after ONE playoff flop is insane. If it was up to the emotional Raps fans, Lowry would have been sold for pennies in 2015.

With the way Siakam's been developing and adding to his game annually, I don't get how anyone in their right frame of mind can tell me he's already hit his ceiling.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,157

Post#47 » by alienchild » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:00 pm

Anyone that's dumping on Pascal, is thinking with their ass, and speaking with their ass. GTFO.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
Kreamy
RealGM
And1: 2,097

Post#48 » by Kreamy » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:36 pm

I'm a 'Siakam is a #2 and should stay that way' fan.
TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

Post#49 » by TheDunc » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:44 pm

Kreamy wrote:I'm a 'Siakam is a #2 and should stay that way' fan.

Nothing wrong with that considering that #2 got us a championship right?

The problem is peoples unfair expectations of him.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,717

Post#50 » by Syd-TK3 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:51 pm

mdenny wrote:After the season starts and it's clear that Fred is better than kyle than this message board will be confronted with a crossroads:

Admit that Fed was better than we've ever wanted to admit....or cling to the last gasps of a vet who specializes in plays that casual ball fans can identify and appreciate.

I'm sure if Fred takes a big enough leap to be better than Kyle everyone will be completely excited
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#51 » by RaptorsNorth » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:02 pm

For the guys waiting on a response from me. I said what I said! We’ll see!!! What happened the last time I said what I said ? We’ll see!!! The only player I wasn’t high on was Lowry and is he a superstar ? Sure he’s a good player and Raptor legend but is he a superstar that’s going to lead a team to a ring by himself ? Did he lead the raptors to a championship as a first option ? That’s what I thought. Don’t question me man. Every player I said is not a superstar on this team, is not a superstar!!! !!! I have nothing else to say other than we’ll see and you’ll pretend you were with me. This is why I say bookmark this page!! I don’t run away from my statements. BOOKMARK IT!!!! What did I say about norm Powell when people were talking about “normgod” and building a team around him ? Come on man. I watch these guys before I talk! I’m not some guy that just sign on here and start ranting. I study these players for months/ years before I start talking. We’ll see!!! I already know pascal is not that guy. What superstar you know has less than 3 go to moves ? Come on man smh stop caring stupid as if you don’t know superstars in this lead. Go watch videos on Lebron, kawhi, Jordan, kobe.. ect. You can’t shut these guys down by just making them a shooter! The Celtics shot pascal down by simply making him a shooter smh
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Dread-Eye
Senior
And1: 116

Post#52 » by Dread-Eye » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:03 pm

He'll be back.
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,821

Post#53 » by Steelo Green » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:23 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:MIP.
All-NBA 2nd team.
2nd most win shares from his draft class.
2nd highest usage on a championship team.

...by the age of 26, from the 27th pick in the draft.

Don't give them the stats man.

These same guys were praying a few years ago that we would tank for Wiggins and were still hoping we would traded for Wiggins 2-3 years ago.

Conjecture is always fun.

Also it doesn’t matter where you were picked but what you were paid. Kawhi got picked 15th, should we expect him to not be a superstar because of that. How about Manu? Tony Parker? Gilbert Arenas? Giannis?

Your contract dictates what your role is, not where you’re drafted. He was great value but now he’s paid as one of the leagues best.

People literally just make things up and high five one another about it because of what exactly?
RaptorsNorth
RealGM

Post#54 » by RaptorsNorth » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:28 pm

What superstar you know has only 2 moves ? They already took away his spin move. When is the last time you saw pascal do his spin move ? When ? Anybody ? If you’re a raptor fan you know you haven’t seen that since the kawhi season. Teams took that away that’s why he’s firing 3’s. Come on man smh you’re better off with Klay Thompson (before all the injuries) as your first option. Again I’m going to ask this question. When is the last time you saw pascal drive the ball and do his typical spin move ? When ? He just shooting 3’s!!!! His passing hasn’t even improved smh what superstar doesn’t make those around him better ? that’s your first option player ? Go study good first option players in this league man smh these guys don’t just do 2 things.. You claim to be a raptor fan but did you pay attention to this team with kawhi ? Are you paying attention now ? Give me Klay or Beal man smh ..

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#55 » by Danny1616 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:35 pm

Steelo Green wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:
All-NBA 2nd team.

These same guys were praying a few years ago that we would tank for Wiggins and were still hoping we would traded for Wiggins 2-3 years ago.

Also it doesn’t matter where you were picked but what you were paid. Kawhi got picked 15th, should we expect him to not be a superstar because of that. How about Manu? Tony Parker? Gilbert Arenas? Giannis?

Your contract dictates what your role is, not where you’re drafted. He was great value but now he’s paid as one of the leagues best.

People literally just make things up and high five one another about it because of what exactly?

Okay, so let's go to your argument.

Pascal's contract kicks in this year, so he has 4 years to prove himself. You don't judge a contract on a few months or 1 year, you judge it on the entire contract.

Right now let's look at the players with the biggest contracts and whether they deserve it over Pascal.

Curry - Injured for an entire year, zero contribution. We have to see whether he earns 45m+ a year. He's 32 years old.

Westbrook - Overpaid, underperformed multiple times in the playoffs. He's 32 years old.

Chris Paul - Good leader, not worth 45m+ a year. He's 35 years old.

John Wall - Hurt for most of his contract, has done nothing noteworthy in the playoffs. Makes 45m+. He's 30 years old.

James Harden - Deserved his contract during regular season but underperformed in the playoffs. Makes 45m+. He's 31 years old.

Lebron James - Has lived up to his contract so far.

Durant - Have to wait and see...injured his entire first year so zero production. He's 32 years old.

Griffin - Past his prime, makes 38m+ plus a year. Injury prone, could not lead his team to the playoffs. He's 31 years old.

George - Underperformed in the playoffs multiple seasons now and injury prone. He's 29 years old.

Mike Conley - Underperformed in the playoffs before, didn't have a great year last season. He's 33 years old.

Kemba Walker - Decent year last season, knee issues, underperformed in the playoffs. He's 30 years old.

Tobias Harris - Way overpaid.

Joel Embiid - Injury prone, underperformed in the playoffs multiple times.

Kevin Love - Underperformed, stat padder on terrible team. He's 32 years old.

Andrew Wiggins - Sucks.

All those players make more than Pascal this season. Except for Lebron and Harden, Pascal has done more than every other player on that list last year. Pascal is also only 26 years old, which is significantly younger than almost everyone who is getting paid above him except for Wiggins.

Pascal is making the same money as guys like Porzingis, McCollum, Beal, Hayward, Drummond, Russell, Porter. Right now he's being paid like a 2nd option, not an MVP caliber player. He's set to make 30m this season, significantly less compared to guys like Paul, Wall, George, Westbrook, Curry, Griffin, Harden, Klay, and Conley.

Ridiculous argument by you, but that's expected as usual.
Lukeem
Analyst
And1: 2,577

Post#56 » by Lukeem » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:36 pm

Steelo Green wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:
All-NBA 2nd team.

21 st highest paid player in the nba this year and by the last year of his contract will be much lower

was (according to voting from top analysts) last year 10th best player, 2 of which were younger than him 1 same age 6 older

hes improved more than anyone in last 3 years, and you're assuming he has platueaed, which if it is the case he'd still be being paid fair value.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#57 » by Danny1616 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:41 pm

Lukeem wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:
Danny1616 wrote:

21 st highest paid player in the nba this year and by the last year of his contract will be much lower

was (according to voting from top analysts) last year 10th best player, 2 of which were younger than him 1 same age 6 older

hes improved more than anyone in last 3 years, and you're assuming he has platueaed, which if it is the case he'd still be being paid fair value.

Yeah his arguments are mind-boggling.
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,371

Post#58 » by MadDogSHWA » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:42 pm

mdenny wrote:After the season starts and it's clear that Fred is better than kyle

This is sig worthy.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
RaptorsNorth
RealGM

Post#59 » by RaptorsNorth » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:47 pm

What did pascal do in the offseason that made you say wow!! This guy has new moves ? Give me a f.... break. It’s not even his fault. It’s the fault of this fan base. If you’re expecting pascal to be a superstar you’re an idiot! Pascal and Demar are not first option players and Masai and Bobby know that which is why they created cap space for a real number 1 guy. The whole Giannis sh.. just failed! They thought he could be that guy but quickly realized he’s not but you have fools arguing this point. I actually give them
Props for seeing this early. How long did we think Demar was that guy ? Years of Lebronto. Why the f... do you think they created cap space for a superstar if they have a superstar in pascal ? Stop quoting me with f...... nonsense smh this is why people think I’m the bad guy on here but this is common sense smh why did they let Serge and Marc walk ? They created cap space for a real first option player because pascal is not that guy smh

pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#60 » by pr0gr4m » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:52 pm

Marty_Budda wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:Am I fan of a Raptors player who started the last ASB and is second team All-NBA? Yes indeed.

Sure Pascal had a slump in the bubble, but I blame Nurse for not making adjustments. Why keep dumping the ball into Siakam on iso plays? I've said this many times, but it's hard to believe Nick was coaching to win in the fourth quarter of Game 7 against the Celtics. Even Casey would bench DeMar in that circumstance.

Incorrect.

His struggles have been there before the bubble. Defending Siakam isn't that hard. When we play the Rockets I want you to pay attention to Bruno guarding him on switches or whatever. You'll see what I mean. He lacks elite explosiveness or shooting.

Siakam averaged almost 23ppg in the 2019 playoffs on over 50% shooting against Jonathan Isaac when we played Orlando but yeah...Bruno is the guy to stop him.

The stupidity of some people amazes me.

It more about team defense than single man coverage.

Return to Toronto Raptors