ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: No Defense for the last home game

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 17,909

Re: PG: No Defense for the last home game 

Post#41 » by lobosloboslobos » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:53 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
lobosloboslobos wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:I already have one, I know what to expect. Winter is coming.

My take on the second kid is that you already gave up 90% of your life when you had the first, so this one is either just another 5% or half of what you have left ;)

either way congrats. you're a lucky man.

In my mind, the stress is exponential. 2 kids are four times harder to manage than 1 kid. You can no longer simply pass the kid off to your spouse, and go chill. You can't expect to be able to leave her to take care of both kids at once, and have the marriage survive.

And the kids bicker. About everything. If there's one red spoon, that's the one they want and are willing to fight over. Who gets to push the "Walk" button at an intersection, or the floor button in elevator. Only occasionally is there that sublime moment when they play nicely with each other for an hour or so.

But they're teens now. And need to be driven everywhere. But that's a good chance to talk with them. Basically, your ONLY chance.

i hear ya. exponential makes sense too.

teens eh? i sympathize. though sitting here with my own kids now in their mid-20s and finally well on their own, i have to admit with some surprise that i miss pretty much every aspect of the 20 or so years they were always there, being demanding and annoying and all the rest. such is life.

Return to Toronto Raptors