ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agency & Trades Rumours Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 44,493

Re: Free Agency & Trades Rumours Thread 

Post#41 » by WuTang_OG » Fri May 24, 2024 1:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=0YpMScWXY2zRUqR8fH-usg
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 64,186

Post#42 » by OakleyDokely » Fri May 24, 2024 1:31 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:I would dump brown and Trent and bring Precious back... team needs size and defence...

The Raps could operate as an above the cap team and use the MLE on him. The max they could offer him would be 4/53, which would be a very competitive offer.

Knicks hold his RFA rights, but it could be a cash crunch for them with OG and Hartenstein being FAs.
JB7
Analyst
And1: 1,469

Post#43 » by JB7 » Fri May 24, 2024 1:43 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
Kingsway_fan wrote:I would dump brown and Trent and bring Precious back... team needs size and defence...

The Raps could operate as an above the cap team and use the MLE on him. The max they could offer him would be 4/53, which would be a very competitive offer.

Knicks hold his RFA rights, but it could be a cash crunch for them with OG and Hartenstein being FAs.

I would not object to them bringing back Precious. Definitely could use his length and athleticism on defense.

But would the MLE be enough to bring him back? Any team that can offer the MLE, could offer it to him. And at what price point would the Knicks not match?

I speculated months ago that Precious could get in the $18-20M range. If there is demand for him, it is going to take a team who has cap room to go above the MLE.
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#44 » by OakleyDokely » Fri May 24, 2024 1:52 pm

JB7 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

I would not object to them bringing back Precious. Definitely could use his length and athleticism on defense.

But would the MLE be enough to bring him back? Any team that can offer the MLE, could offer it to him. And at what price point would the Knicks not match?

I speculated months ago that Precious could get in the $18-20M range. If there is demand for him, it is going to take a team who has cap room to go above the MLE.

It's hard to predict his market value because he's still relatively unproven and I think teams are starting to worry more about future cap implications if they get a contract wrong. But it only takes a couple teams to really like him to drive his value up.
redraptor77
Junior
And1: 223

Post#45 » by redraptor77 » Fri May 24, 2024 1:52 pm

JB7 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

Really? Oh man I am happy never to watch him play for us again. Unless he has matured and stops with his brain fart moments I would use that money to grab Isaiah Hartenstein, Obbi Toppin or even take a crack at OG again
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 44,493

Post#46 » by WuTang_OG » Fri May 24, 2024 2:16 pm

JB7 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

He doesn't work in a Darko system. He's lost
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,545

Post#47 » by Spida888 » Fri May 24, 2024 2:27 pm

Yeah, no thanks to brining back Precious. We need high IQ players.
JB7
Analyst

Post#48 » by JB7 » Fri May 24, 2024 2:34 pm

WuTang_OG wrote:
JB7 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

He doesn't work in a Darko system. He's lost

True. Didn't think about that.
JB7
Analyst

Post#49 » by JB7 » Fri May 24, 2024 2:40 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
JB7 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

It's hard to predict his market value because he's still relatively unproven and I think teams are starting to worry more about future cap implications if they get a contract wrong. But it only takes a couple teams to really like him to drive his value up.

He is that type of idea player, in terms of size and athleticism, which always entices teams, so it would not be hard to think that someone takes a shot at him.

Consider this. If OG is getting close to the max ($40M+ a year), who might another team feel is the better option? OG at $40M+, at age 27 playing probably 50% of games, or Precious at $18-20M, turning 25, with generally a healthier history. The top end of OGs performance will never be attained by Precious, but a player with size and athleticism on the actual court, vs a player sitting, is always better.
InfraRedshaw
Pro Prospect
And1: 765

Post#50 » by InfraRedshaw » Fri May 24, 2024 2:43 pm

I went and looked at Obi v PWill numbers, and their stats are actually really similar, minus the availability of Obi, curious to see what their markets look like tbh
Just 8* years ago Andrea Bargnani was my franchise player, you MF'ers can't rain on my parade
RaptorLakerJay
Senior
And1: 277

Post#51 » by RaptorLakerJay » Fri May 24, 2024 2:50 pm

InfraRedshaw wrote:I went and looked at Obi v PWill numbers, and their stats are actually really similar, minus the availability of Obi, curious to see what their markets look like tbh

Technically Toppin's stats are similar to Jaden McDaniels too, but those don't take into account defensive numbers. PWill is similar to Jaden in terms of defense. Not sure about Toppin.
OakleyDokely
RealGM

Post#52 » by OakleyDokely » Fri May 24, 2024 3:02 pm

I really like Naji Marshall. He didn't get many minutes in NO's mostly due to all the depth they have, but he's a hard nosed, energy player who defends hard, he shot the 3 well this year and he's still relatively young. In a bigger role, I think there's more potential there with him.
oldncreaky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 4,884

Post#53 » by oldncreaky » Fri May 24, 2024 3:25 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:I really like Naji Marshall. He didn't get many minutes in NO's mostly due to all the depth they have, but he's a hard nosed, energy player who defends hard, he shot the 3 well this year and he's still relatively young. In a bigger role, I think there's more potential there with him.

NOP is also a team that faces some financial pressure and won't be able to pay all of their depth pieces, making it more likely that Marshall could be enticed with a reasonable number
Vinnie became the Microwave in May 1985, zapping the Celtics in Joe Louis
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,948

Post#54 » by djsunyc » Fri May 24, 2024 3:30 pm

the og rumors is just fake noise to get dolan to pay more. he's staying with the knicks. that's some agent shenangians.

in terms of hartenstein - how many cap teams are ready to give $20 mil for a center? the only team i can think of that could use him and have space is OKC but presti doesn't usually operate like that.

i think a guy that's realistically obtainable for us is obi toppin. he made $8 mil last year and they need to give pascal the max. i don't think he's that great but as a bench big, i think he could be had for $10 mil/year. basically replace boucher's or what would've been precious' salary slot.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#55 » by Ell Curry » Fri May 24, 2024 4:02 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:I really like Naji Marshall. He didn't get many minutes in NO's mostly due to all the depth they have, but he's a hard nosed, energy player who defends hard, he shot the 3 well this year and he's still relatively young. In a bigger role, I think there's more potential there with him.

Good call. Though I could see a better team offering him the Tax MLE (Kings maybe?), but if he's cheap he could do okay here and probably moveable at some point for a couple of good 2nds, teams always need a 3+D guy at the deadline.
Where's the D?
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,948

Post#56 » by djsunyc » Fri May 24, 2024 4:21 pm

he's 26 so basically in his prime. are you looking at him as a backup sg? he's only 6'6 so don't see him as sf.
Tripod
Head Coach
And1: 6,359

Post#57 » by Tripod » Fri May 24, 2024 4:29 pm

redraptor77 wrote:
JB7 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:

Really? Oh man I am happy never to watch him play for us again. Unless he has matured and stops with his brain fart moments I would use that money to grab Isaiah Hartenstein, Obbi Toppin or even take a crack at OG again

No kidding.

We suffered thru years of his dumb mistakes. Go add high IQ players instead.
InfraRedshaw
Pro Prospect
And1: 765

Post#58 » by InfraRedshaw » Fri May 24, 2024 4:42 pm

RaptorLakerJay wrote:
InfraRedshaw wrote:I went and looked at Obi v PWill numbers, and their stats are actually really similar, minus the availability of Obi, curious to see what their markets look like tbh

Technically Toppin's stats are similar to Jaden McDaniels too, but those don't take into account defensive numbers. PWill is similar to Jaden in terms of defense. Not sure about Toppin.

yeah I should have specified raw stats, but to me it was sort of shocking just how similar they were

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/obi-toppin-patrick-williams
Just 8* years ago Andrea Bargnani was my franchise player, you MF'ers can't rain on my parade
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,825

Post#59 » by Godaddycurse » Fri May 24, 2024 4:50 pm

sounds like Mcdaniels last year :cry:
islandboy53
Rookie
And1: 617

Post#60 » by islandboy53 » Fri May 24, 2024 5:05 pm

oldncreaky wrote:

NOP is also a team that faces some financial pressure and won't be able to pay all of their depth pieces, making it more likely that Marshall could be enticed with a reasonable number

Marshall sounds like a good target. There will be lots of potential suitors, with a price tag between the tax MLE and the NTMLE. Probably only Detroit would throw that much his way, and they'll be busy with other targets early on. Something starting at $8 - $10 million over 3 years might do the job.

Return to Toronto Raptors