ImageImageImageImageImage

Colangelo: Nothing before closer to Feb. 19

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

TripleTTT
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Colangelo: Nothing before closer to Feb. 19 

Post#41 » by TripleTTT » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:32 am

Colengelo is so overrated....what a smuck...where's Babcock? okay I didn't really mean..that but..come one..JO has to go NOW!!
A_wildstabatanything
Lead Assistant
And1: 52

Post#42 » by A_wildstabatanything » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:34 am

The Raptors have been Colonjello'd!
Legend Killer
Junior

Post#43 » by Legend Killer » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:39 am

All i keep hearing is how Colangelo is trying to do something. What good deal has he actually ever done? JO deal was crap, Kapono signing was a waste, got Luke Jackson, Jake Voskul, Moon got told today, Parker is on his way back to Israel who is decent for a Canadian team. He made big deals in Phoenix, or was that his dad or uncle or whoever?He hasn't done jack in Toronto in 3 years.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,635

Post#44 » by Brinbe » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:44 am

Got Hump for Hoffa...that's about it. All the rest of his assets were either the result of Babcock or GG aka Bosh, Jose, Roko, Joey, you could say JO by way of CV I suppose and in the end, thanks to the TJ trade, we've come out as losers on that in my opinion. Basically BC can hang his hat on Bargs, maybe AP? and that's about it.
NBA48mins
Pro Prospect
And1: 792

Post#45 » by NBA48mins » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:46 am

Legend Killer wrote:All i keep hearing is how Colangelo is trying to do something. What good deal has he actually ever done? JO deal was crap, Kapono signing was a waste, got Luke Jackson, Jake Voskul, Moon got told today, Parker is on his way back to Israel who is decent for a Canadian team. He made big deals in Phoenix, or was that his dad or uncle or whoever?He hasn't done jack in Toronto in 3 years.

ahh bold statement?? 06-07 there were i think 9 new players, and they tied their franchise record..
please tell me more what he has failed on so far :evil:
OlFlashy
Rookie
And1: 363

Post#46 » by OlFlashy » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:49 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:this is such bull, it makes me mad. If we end up tanking and not even giving it a fighting shot by getting Marion. I will be pissed and Bosh is gone. No power forward in this draft is close or will ever be to bosh. So were going to end up losing Carter, Mccgrady and now Bosh. **** you BC, thanks for driving this team to the ground and waiting till the deadline till were out of the playoffs to make a deal you schmuck

What parent leaves their 4-year old unsupervised by the computer?

:waaa:
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#47 » by Phenomenologist » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:52 am

boshjonesford wrote:
Phenomenologist wrote:
boshjonesford wrote:i like the fact that he said a number of trade number of trade possiblites..... the more moves the better i hope he changes everything, and he shouldnt be afraid to trade bargnani if there is a good offer on the table, i kind of find him to be a chucker, which is something i dont like in Centers.

I love that after a couple of bad shooting games, Bargnani has suddenly been branded a "chucker". His TS% during this stretch is still nearly 63%, and roughly 56% for the season. Remember, he shoots 3's at over 40% and FTs at over 85%. His FG% will never be great, but that doesn't mean he's inefficient. Sheesh.

its not suddenly, he is in mind a chucker (i know he had a good game aginst chicago) but i cant imagine him being a 50 percent shooter, he is like Hido, he needs alot of shots to score.

If it's not "suddenly", then it's even dumber. Before the last two games, his TS% was nearly 57, which is very good. And as I tried to explain: FG% is meaningless, and cases like Bargnani's prove exactly why. His value right now is that he can really stroke it from deep (41.5%). To match that efficiency from 3PT range, you'd need to shoot 62.25% from 2PT range. How many low-post centers shoot those kinds of percentages? Take guys like Bierdrins and Bynum: Both shoot in the mid 50's from the field, but neither are markedly more efficient then Bargnani, because neither shoots the 3, and neither hits 85% from the line.

Now, of course, that conversion isn't strictly the case in-game, because the foul rate gets progressively higher as you get closer to the basket, which leads me to the other promising development for Bargnani: he's starting to go down low, and in doing so is generating more FTs.

And that's why Andrea has so much upside. He's got a low-post body (7'1, 265) and handle, and is finally starting to round into form in that regard; he can already be considered a positive given how many fouls he's drawing. And once you combine that with his limitless range (and all the opposition-defense ramifications that has), you're talking about a devastating scoring option. That he's clearly still a work in progress, yet is producing at this efficient a rate is a testament to just how good he can be when all is said and done.
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 9,043

Post#48 » by MEDIC » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:00 am

Man......this is going to be agonizing.......

I don't mind watching a team with young developing players struggle to get better, but watching these schleps lose by 5-10 points a night is going to be horrible.....

Outside of Jawai & Roko, we don't even have any "kids" to develop & watch grow.

Even worse will be them coming back in March with a healthy team & completely ruining our high draft pick. They will try to win from now until the end of the season.....they aren't built to tank....

If they can't get anything done until the deadline, they should just blow the whole thing up, get some draft picks, etc.

Trade AP for a late 1st pick for sure.....we can sign him back if we want him. He is no use for us this year. Trade Kapono for an expiring.

Trade Moon for a 2nd. Trade Soloman for a 2nd.

Let Joey start for the rest of the year. Start Roko.

The sharks smell blood.....they will be circling.....
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
MEDIC
RealGM

Post#49 » by MEDIC » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:04 am

Phenomenologist wrote:
its not suddenly, he is in mind a chucker (i know he had a good game aginst chicago) but i cant imagine him being a 50 percent shooter, he is like Hido, he needs alot of shots to score.

If it's not "suddenly", then it's even dumber. Before the last two games, his TS% was nearly 57, which is very good. And as I tried to explain: FG% is meaningless, and cases like Bargnani's prove exactly why. His value right now is that he can really stroke it from deep (41.5%). To match that efficiency from 3PT range, you'd need to shoot 62.25% from 2PT range. How many low-post centers shoot those kinds of percentages? Take guys like Bierdrins and Bynum: Both shoot in the mid 50's from the field, but neither are markedly more efficient then Bargnani, because neither shoots the 3, and neither hits 85% from the line.

Now, of course, that conversion isn't strictly the case in-game, because the foul rate gets progressively higher as you get closer to the basket, which leads me to the other promising development for Bargnani: he's starting to go down low, and in doing so is generating more FTs.

And that's why Andrea has so much upside. He's got a low-post body (7'1, 265) and handle, and is finally starting to round into form in that regard; he can already be considered a positive given how many fouls he's drawing. And once you combine that with his limitless range (and all the opposition-defense ramifications that has), you're talking about a devastating scoring option. That he's clearly still a work in progress, yet is producing at this efficient a rate is a testament to just how good he can be when all is said and done.

Good post.
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#50 » by Mustard_Tiger » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:06 am

OlFlashy wrote:
Rapsobsessed7 wrote:this is such bull, it makes me mad. If we end up tanking and not even giving it a fighting shot by getting Marion. I will be pissed and Bosh is gone. No power forward in this draft is close or will ever be to bosh. So were going to end up losing Carter, Mccgrady and now Bosh. **** you BC, thanks for driving this team to the ground and waiting till the deadline till were out of the playoffs to make a deal you schmuck

What parent leaves their 4-year old unsupervised by the computer?
:waaa:

Just what I was thinking. But wait....doesn't this make most of Real GM 4 year olds?
Fast_Feets
Starter
And1: 359

Post#51 » by Fast_Feets » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:11 am

Mad Prophet wrote:I'm having second thoughts on a Marion deal. I don't want Banks and his contract. Try to move him to the Cavs for Sczczerbiak and maybe Pavlovic.

Not a bad idea. I'd rather help lebron then help KG and the celts go for another ring.
Legend Killer
Junior

Post#52 » by Legend Killer » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:24 am

great idea actually...kapono for szerbiak...will it work?he's a FA this year right?
WD-40
Banned User

Post#53 » by WD-40 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:51 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:Mustard_Tiger im sure improving the team would be to trade Bosh. Thats really improving it, why not keep Bosh get Marion and try to sign marvin williams this offseason. Bosh might stay and we will have a way better future.

Calderon
SG
Williams
Bosh
Bargnani

Is a good core all we need is a SG but no BC wont make a deal and we can enjoy the **** lottery again. If a deal isnt done this week anyone here wanna buy my laker tickets

Get Marion and I think we win more games just to raise his value for another team to sign and end up with a worse pick. Going on a winning streak and grabbing a 7th or 8th spot to me would make this season all the worse. Sure upsets happen, but I dont see that in dice. When Marion comes off the books who says Raps get a good FA signing. At the end of the season, I hope Raps come away with a top 6 pick, entertain moving Bosh if he is discontent, and focus on 2010. The season is lost. Develop the players, get a good pick, rest players when needed (especialy JO), work on things, and hopefully a new coach.
MEDIC
RealGM

Post#54 » by MEDIC » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:55 am

Legend Killer wrote:great idea actually...kapono for szerbiak...will it work?he's a FA this year right?

Kapono makes less than 1/2 of what Wally world makes. Would have to be much more significant.

I would potentially do Kapono & Parker for Pavlovic, Eric Snow & a 1st.

We get a young SG, a 1st pick & a substantial expiring.

Cavs re-load for a championship push.

I think that deal really helps both teams get to where they need to go.
Southward1
General Manager
And1: 2,411

Post#55 » by Southward1 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:03 am

MEDIC wrote:
Legend Killer wrote:great idea actually...kapono for szerbiak...will it work?he's a FA this year right?

Kapono makes less than 1/2 of what Wally world makes. Would have to be much more significant.

I would potentially do Kapono & Parker for Pavlovic, Eric Snow & a 1st.

We get a young SG, a 1st pick & a substantial expiring.

Cavs re-load for a championship push.

I think that deal really helps both teams get to where they need to go.

This trade actually makes a lot of sense. You'd just have to sell the cavs on Kapono. Parker's better than Pavlovic in every regard so they'd love to swap Pavlovic for Parker. It's all about that awful kapono contract, but I'd love to see the raps make this trade.
D22
Banned User

Post#56 » by D22 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:13 am

this teams predictability is getting boring.

at least when you feel the team is good you
watch for the possible W, but now.. its all L's,
its a given, even the Thunder can come and
beat us, there are no more excuses just shame.

I really do not understand how a team can
lose so many games. It's flat out ridiculous
and boring to watch. They can be up by 20
and will still most likely lose the game, its
depressing, I don't even mind if a miss watching
a game any more because 90% of the time
its a loss any way. I wont make the mistake
I did a few years ago and keep hope. Its a
total write-off this time, and if the raps go
into another "rebuilding" session I am done
as a fan for a very long time.

Call me unfaithful, but I have a life to live,
I cant keep sacrificing my time to watch
a team that's a constant loser and does not
blame themselves or show any angry
reactions. Forget smiles, I want them yelling
at each other. I want the big bang, forget
the chemistry. We have a bunch of puppy
lovers on our team, and the "we are good
people" attitude is getting annoying. I show
more heart playing against my buddies at
the Y who are dear to my heart than the
raps do to their opponents who laugh at them.
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,630

Post#57 » by Ackshun » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:33 am

maybe TSN2 was on to something.

They are actually saving us and our time from this embarrassing debacle we refer to as RAPTORBALL.
alberta_rapsfan
Junior

Post#58 » by alberta_rapsfan » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:43 am

NH wrote:Great, Colangelo is ready to mail in the season. Start hitting up Draftexpress.com guys!!

lol that made me laugh. I really thought those days were done. You know waiting a whole year of s#%T ball to skim through possible draft choices hoping tocath a superstar. Time to get reiquainted with mr Jonathan Givony once again. :cry: This draft sucks to which is really painfull.
alberta_rapsfan
Junior

Post#59 » by alberta_rapsfan » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:46 am

MEDIC wrote:Man......this is going to be agonizing.......

I don't mind watching a team with young developing players struggle to get better, but watching these schleps lose by 5-10 points a night is going to be horrible.....

Outside of Jawai & Roko, we don't even have any "kids" to develop & watch grow.

Even worse will be them coming back in March with a healthy team & completely ruining our high draft pick. They will try to win from now until the end of the season.....they aren't built to tank....

If they can't get anything done until the deadline, they should just blow the whole thing up, get some draft picks, etc.

Trade AP for a late 1st pick for sure.....we can sign him back if we want him. He is no use for us this year. Trade Kapono for an expiring.

Trade Moon for a 2nd. Trade Soloman for a 2nd.

Let Joey start for the rest of the year. Start Roko.

The sharks smell blood.....they will be circling.....

Couldnt have said it better myself. Bad draft or not they need to stock pile as many draft picks as they can. This team is old and bad the worst possible combonation for a fan to deal with.
Duncanfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#60 » by Duncanfan » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:48 am

Translation: We don't have any trade assets that other teams want, so don't hold your breaths.

Return to Toronto Raptors