ImageImageImageImageImage

Raps work out Antoine Walker!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Re: Raps work out Antoine Walker! 

Post#41 » by YogiStewart » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:16 pm

roflmfao wrote:Dion Glover and Rod Strickland anyone?

Strickland looked chronically stoned and couldn't hit a layup if his dealer depended on it.
youngLion
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#42 » by youngLion » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:21 pm

YogiStewart wrote:

Strickland looked chronically stoned and couldn't hit a layup if his dealer depended on it.

Pun intended?

I was always an Omar Cook man myself. He was a good playmaker despite being incapable of shooting.
[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Post#43 » by [SJJ] » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:21 pm

YogiStewart wrote:

He had that sick game with like 16 assists though, that was pretty badass...
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#44 » by COY0607 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:21 pm

well this is the kind of stuff you do in a lost season......check and see if anyone would be helpful later on.......like miami were doing last season..
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,456

Post#45 » by Morris_Shatford » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:02 pm

Only Raptor fans would overreact over a guy who would occupy the 14th spot on the roster
Hypz
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#46 » by Hypz » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:09 pm

Sign this man and give him 30 shots per game. In Shimmy we trust.
Batmanz
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#47 » by Batmanz » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:25 pm

I'd rather see O'Bryant and Jawai than walker
inrapscity
General Manager
And1: 62

Post#48 » by inrapscity » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:26 pm

wow. BC needs to get fired.

overreaction but come on, Antoine Walker? the guy couldn't even play anymore when he went to minny and memphis.

Let's go rebuild, BC sucks!
MjM2xTreMe
Analyst
And1: 11

Post#49 » by MjM2xTreMe » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:33 pm

Because there are no 4's
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#50 » by zilby » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:34 pm

boshprincess wrote:I'm starting to think BC has no plan.

if your just starting i feel bad for you.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 9,047

Post#51 » by MEDIC » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:37 pm

Wow.....BC is desperate...
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#52 » by zilby » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:48 pm

inrapscity wrote:wow. BC needs to get fired.

overreaction but come on, Antoine Walker? the guy couldn't even play anymore when he went to minny and memphis.

Let's go rebuild, BC sucks!

just change the V in VC to BC and it will work

"let's go raptors, BC SUCKS!"
Hawaiian pizza is good.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#53 » by J-Roc » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:50 pm

I've always said Andrea's ceiling was Antione Walker. Hopefully he can learn from Fatoine himself.
Southward1
General Manager
And1: 2,411

Post#54 » by Southward1 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:45 pm

This is BC just trying to salvage a season. He wants as many victories as possible this season, he's that way. He seriously needs to give up on his team, they failed him. Trade everybody but Bosh already it's clear there's only one impact player on this team
Lucky27
Sophomore

Post#55 » by Lucky27 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:24 pm

VCtotheRack wrote:Antoine wouldnt be a bad pickup. We're starving for bigs on this team, and its not like we're gonna be paying him big money either. He would definitely help against 2nd string big men. Im not against this signing.

Yeah Walker would be a perfect fit. We need his fast three-point shooting. That is this team's number one weakness right, three-point shooting?
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 32,006

Post#56 » by Fairview4Life » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:24 pm

I've always liked Pops.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Stacks
Sophomore

Post#57 » by Stacks » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:46 pm

lemondrop wrote:
supersub15 wrote:
lemondrop wrote:Well in reality you can't have it all. While I agree we desperately need a SG, a star level one most of you guys here on realgm once said we needed a real center for CB4, we got one and it failed. Most of you then said we needed a real SF and we got one now in Marion and it to so far is failing.

There is only so much money to go around, you can't have a star at every position at some point we have to understand its not who we are putting around the core of Bosh-Jose-Bargs it is the core thats the problem and the thought that you can build around a PF like Bosh.

If the team continues to get slaughtered the rest of the way I am all for trading Bosh and Jose, rebuilding and doing it around a star SG but for those that support our core and Chris Bosh as the #1 guy you can't have it all and you will have even less than this when Chris signs the Max in a years time.

Yes, we needed a center, and after last week's trade, we now need one again.

I wasn't worried about the SF position, as we already had a poor-man Marion and a suddenly-blossoming Graham at that position, with a decent backup in Kapono.

The PG position, though not flashy, is stable enough.

What we really needed was a shooting guard that can get into the heart of the defense. A lot of posters have said this, so it's not something new. Heck, even when TJ was traded and we re-signed Calderon, a lot of posters said that we now needed a slashing SG to compensate for Calderon's play.

We are not general managers, but we follow this team religiously, and if we are seeing certain things clearly, why isn't our management team?

We need alot of things to compensate for Calderon's play, a slasher yes but also a player capable of guarding his man and Jose's as well, yes impossible which is why Jose is not stable at all.

Im not so sure we as fans me included are seeing things clearly, I mean we cried to put people around Bosh, from pg's, to centers, to sf's Bryan has tried vertually every combination us fans wanted but the sg position and it has all failed. Over the last few years I have actually thought Bryan has catered to what the majority of fans have called for and that imo should never happen. From the Jose fan fav over TJ, to needing a center, to needing a sf every single position the majority of raptor fans wanted to see improve they got. Problem is to get you have to give wether that be a player or cap space and it always leaves a hole some where else.

What you want I think is a good enough core to mask any weaknesses others may have and right now we are asking other players to mask our cores weaknesses and that imo is never going to work.

Don't forget Sam Mitchell. The vast majority of fans wanted him fired and BC delivered. Now there are some rumblings from fans that we should have kept him...

I agree with you. GMs shouldn't compromise their view of what the team needs based on what fans think.
Cyrus
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 3,499

Post#58 » by Cyrus » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:18 am

No doubt Walker is coming in to Tutor Andrea Bargs in the art of chucking "Walker Stylez". Now Andrea is good at chucking ,but not at the level Walker is, so there is hope! ;)
chsh22
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#59 » by chsh22 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:28 am

Well ****, if we're looking at Walker, why not hit up Bonzi to play the SG for us?
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:If you were going to give the raps board an enema, you'd stick the tube in this thread.
Hassassin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,608

Post#60 » by Hassassin » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:36 am

Fairview4Life wrote:I've always liked Pops.

Currently averaging 24.9 points, 12.3 boards, 2.7 blocks while shooting ~62% in 7 games for the Austin Toros.

D-league profile.

Fatoine is done, why aren't people talking about Pops. :dontknow:

Return to Toronto Raptors