ImageImageImageImageImage

have you checked out yet?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

JWiLL02
RealGM
And1: 2,443

Re: have you checked out yet? 

Post#41 » by JWiLL02 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:39 pm

I can take losing...I can't take routinely being blown out by 20+ points. I don't remember a single season where it's happened so frequently, certainly none of the Smitch coached teams.

That being said, I'm still watching every game and will continue to do so. If I know a Raptor game is on, I need to watch it.
*Sig courtesy of Raptors' royalty 'Turbozone'. http://www.turbozone.ca"
Hit Em Up
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,779

Post#42 » by Hit Em Up » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:47 pm

I have only missed one game this season.. Right now Raptors are my 2 and a half hour break from studyin...
JohnnyFlame
Rookie
And1: 254

Post#43 » by JohnnyFlame » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:50 pm

Tom Baker wrote:Yup.

And I don't consider myself a fairweather fan. I've been through plenty of bad weather with this franchise for years and years. I enjoyed the fair weather -- what little of it we've had -- and have hoped my way through the bad times.

This is different. I stopped watching regularly last year and have barely watched this year. This team just isn't entertaining, nor does it even lend itself to hope for the future. At least past teams have been bad, but lead you to believe that things would get better. This team just leads you to believe it'll get worse.

And, like the OP, I don't want to be a negative nancy either. It just is what it is.

Describes it very well. People who will watch unentertaining lazy players go through the motions are brain dead. Being stupid does NOT make you a fan. Like anything else they have to earn my viewing(I'm a diehard Raps fan whatever they do but I'm not watching lifeless losers who don't give a crap) and starting last year they lost my interest regularily. They are rapidly doing it again this year.

My remote clicks on every commericial no matter what I'm watching. Nowadays when I watch the Raptors I'm a whole lot slower coming back to the game. And by the third quarter there is every likelihood I won't turn it back till late in the fourth if at all.

Worse than losing is they are boring. Boring and useless and gutless--What a combination!!!!!!!!!
Mad Balla 15
RealGM
And1: 1,930

Post#44 » by Mad Balla 15 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:54 pm

YogiStewart wrote:truth be told, i found the Mike James season more watchable than this season. the games aren't exciting or entertaining at all.
probably won't watch tonight's game.
checked out of last night's game before halftime.

i want to be entertained. and this year, most of their wins and losses haven't been entertaining.

That's what I've noticed about this season too, the games are so dull. Yeah scoring in 100 points is good and all but it's not exactly done in the most exciting way i.e. shooting jumpers all game.
bychai
Veteran
And1: 3
Location: forward, not backward. upward not forward. and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Post#45 » by bychai » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:59 pm

i haven't checked out, but i know how to use my time wisely as a fan

i just simply reduce my time watching games or paying attention to games when they suck like this... when/if they pick it up again, then i'll devote more time to them

for now i'm basically checking scores maybe once or twice a game... if it's close i may tune in, if not then i'd rather watch another game or do something else completely
shoutout to Slam Dumb! for ignoring my email!
bloodtoavampire
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#46 » by bloodtoavampire » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 pm

I am such a die hard fan and I am starting to check out now

it is just getting pathetic

we seem like the warriors now

we just suck and dont care

but they get paid millions to not care so whatever
Torontos_raptor
Junior
And1: 104

Post#47 » by Torontos_raptor » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:04 pm

I hate it when people start labelling fans that have stuck around for 5 years and start calling them fair weather. In that same notion, I call all fans that blindly stick around "eggheads" or "tools". I think it's completely justified for people to start tuning out when they feel their team is not performing, after all, how in the world are we supposed to let management know of our displeasure if we continue watching like leafs fans.

I for one, am still watching, but watching with disgust, and I've been watching for the last 7 years, but there's just something about this team that makes my stomach turn. It's the fact that there's absolutely no intensity on the floor. I don't mind following a losing team, if I see effort and intensity, but one that doesn't give a damn (like this one) I have no sympathy for. I'm with the OP in that if things continue like this then I may just stop watching this season, not because I'm a fairweather fan, but because it's absolutely rediculous for me to support a team that promises me so much every offseason and fails to deliver on a continous basis. It's these blind and "egghead" fans which cause situations like the leafs, where they've been rebuilding for the last 40 years, why? beacause eggheads continue to buy tickets and merchandise. You wanna see a winning team? then be a real fan and show some damn emotion.
TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,296

Post#48 » by TheDunc » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:12 pm

sadly ive watched every single game for the last 7 years down to the last second. What i usaully is miss the first hour but i pvr it. So then when i start watching i get to skip all the commercials.
Test of Wills
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#49 » by Test of Wills » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:32 pm

I'm sticking until the end.

No matter how painful it is. This team represents my city and my desire for basketball. Through the tough and joy, I'll be supporting this team. That's what fans do.
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,453

Post#50 » by TOStateofMind » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:39 pm

Too much of a die hard to "check out".
jay632
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#51 » by jay632 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:41 pm

haven't checked out, but extremely disappointed at the euro's, hell, everyone outside bosh... but bosh is only playing well cause of contract year...
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#52 » by 99 Problems » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:01 am

I've watched almost every game since 1997/1998... Yeah, that's a long time..

Up until the 2007/2008 season I watched every game even when we were being blown out..

Starting 2008-2009, last season, I found myself losing interest due to our boring style of play and lack of hustle at times.. I started turning off games early and a couple of times skipped the game entirely to study for a test or work on an assignment, something which I never used to do.. When it was apparent we'd miss the playoffs I truly lost interest, but checked to make sure we were losing so we could get a high draft pick...

This year I can truly say I've already checked out.. When we start losing big, I leave immediately.. Why should I waste my time? I still watch the games, but not with any passion or care.. I just observe the team and don't feel anything either way.. I don't like the team and I've decided I won't support this current collection of the squad.. I mean, if we're winning then I can't resist getting into it, but those days of cursing and getting frustrated are long over... Its just not worth it this season..

I'm hoping next season I'll have something to cheer for..
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#53 » by Hendrix » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:45 am

I usually watch till I feel llke it's the same old song and dance I've sat through too many times.

Basically if the teams down by 10 or more at half time I'll watch maybe the first bit of the 3rd to see how Derozan is doing, and if it looks like we have any shot at a comeback, then turn it off.

It's weird with this team. They don't really mae comebacks (because they don't have any defense probably), so you can almost tell in the 1st half how the games going to end. They either look way better then their opponents, or way worse.

I use to watch whole games, even if we were loosing bad. But I honestly hate this team BC's put together, and don't like quite a few of the players at all. Just a boring team that's hard to like.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
miruss2001
Lead Assistant
And1: 335

Post#54 » by miruss2001 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:03 am

Im with Hendrix, 99 Problems and Torontos_raptor. This team is too difficult to watch faithfully.

Hell, I just watched most of Crocodile Dundee for gods sake, checking in on the score only occasionally. If that isn't a sign of lost interest, I'm not sure what is.
Darkseid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,398

Post#55 » by Darkseid » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:09 am

More team meetings required.
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,897

Post#56 » by Spicy P » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:14 am

I stopped watching about 10 games after the Marion trade last season. Been a Raptors fan since 1999 and I used to watch almost every single Raptors game I could, but I guess last season I realized it's a waste of 2-3 hours watching this garbage team. I'll probably stop watching them soon if things don't pick up. The whole Bargnani, Calderon, Turkoglu trio is really making it hard for me to keep interested. I just don't like the way this team is constructed.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,709

Post#57 » by hype_2004 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:30 am

I don't really care anymore, this team needs a major overhaul. Even when we win I'm not satisfied, yes we score a lot but we give up too many points as well. If the shots are not going in, you just know the chance of a win is pretty much improbable. I rather win with grit, toughness and dirtiness, Piston-like and Spurs like in their primes, this is probably the best course for this franchise. I mean what are the chances of this team getting a Kobe, Wade or Lebron in the draft? Let's get some toughness in this shiet, let's get guys willing to play for whatever it's worth, I want a collective unit of dudes that intimidate, dudes that play with passion, intensity and pride, whatever it takes to win man, whatever it takes :evil: .
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,970

Post#58 » by Headliner » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:33 am

Im not a kid anymore.
I have a career and responsibilities now, i still watch every game...but im now turning them off at half time on road trips and going to bed. Its not worth losing sleep to watch 20 point beat downs
oncl0ud9
Senior
And1: 0

Post#59 » by oncl0ud9 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:34 am

I checked out..... didn't watch today until tuning into the 4th and seeing us down 23... this team is a lost cause.. and I probably won't watch a full game until the raptors make some sort of change... coaching or roster wise. ah well. I don't see any sort of optimism at all from this squad.
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#60 » by hsb » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:39 am

If the team is letting in over and around 30 points the first two quarters, it's pretty obvious what will happen. It means the effort isn't there and they have no way of slowing the tempo. So yeah, under that circumstance, I checked out.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'

Return to Toronto Raptors