ImageImageImageImageImage

KAWHI IS IN TORONTO

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,967

Re: KAWHI IS IN TORONTO 

Post#541 » by WuTang_OG » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:27 am

JaysRule15 wrote:So, did he have his physical taken yet?

reported
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,967

Post#542 » by WuTang_OG » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:29 am

Read on Twitter
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,155

Post#543 » by LoveMyRaps » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:33 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter

So glad Kyle is running the Leafs and Masai is running the Raps. We got two of the best executives in their respective leagues.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,798
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#544 » by Boogie! » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:39 am

Why is kawhi standing so awkwardly tho. Red alert injury has it healed properly. Looks like hes favouring his quad.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,741

Post#545 » by SFour » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:41 am

EFF3KT wrote:Kawhi's smile is him realizing Toronto ain't as cold as he initially thought.

Probably his 1st time being in Toronto in the summer
twoheadedboy
Junior
And1: 635

Post#546 » by twoheadedboy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:44 am

Siakam and Drake need to add Kawhi on Fortnite immediately.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,288

Post#547 » by Chandan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:01 am

CoachJReturns wrote:
Double Helix wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:Man some people really love derozan in this city. I go visit my mom and she's like why did they trade derozan... So I explained why to her.. She's like I rather lose than trade derozan... She doesn't even care that kawhi is a better player lol

I wrote this in the Derozan appreciation thread but beyond young fans I’ve noticed a lot of wives of my friends are pissed too. He won a lot of women over in the city with how proud he was to rep the city & by speaking about Lupus & depression.

I get that. He's a tough dude from Compton who's apparently a rather sensitive soul. He goes to the freaking Sick Kids Hospital on Christmas day to do what he can to cheer up the kids. On the court he's a flawed player, but off it he's just a stand up guy. Maybe the most classy athlete this city's had in a long time.

that's weird my parents who are both over 60 hates derozan more than I do (for basketball reasons)
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,854

Post#548 » by Basketball_Jones » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:07 am

Boogie! wrote:Why is kawhi standing so awkwardly tho. Red alert injury has it healed properly. Looks like hes favouring his quad.

I stand awkwardly too in between two people. Not sure if I should spread my legs out or not. Those are nice shoes he’s got too I wanna know what they are
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,288

Post#549 » by Chandan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:07 am

TrustFundBaby wrote:
HiMyNameIsTrey wrote:Skimming through this thread and this is one of the happiest RealGM threads in a while. No one arguing about Demar, no one arguing about Masai, no one being depressed about the Raptors. I haven't been this hyped for an upcoming season since 2014. Kawhi is uniting us all and revitalizing this fanbase :hug:

It came after our lowest point too

Swept yet again, biggest upset in History statiscally, LeBronTo

Kawhi and Masai revived the hype 100%

didn't a bunch of us wanted a clean sweep after game 3 so we finally have real changes? we got our wishes.
OGLife
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,892

Post#550 » by OGLife » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:08 am

Boogie! wrote:Why is kawhi standing so awkwardly tho. Red alert injury has it healed properly. Looks like hes favouring his quad.

His stance is friendly which tells me he’s happy
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,854

Post#551 » by VancouverRaps » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:01 am

the only reason he has his arms around Bobby and Masai is because he;s using them as crutches.

And that "smile" is actually a wince
We the Champs
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,300

Post#552 » by goodboy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:07 am

Jstock12 wrote:The original, non photoshopped pic

lmao post this on our board too
Bright
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,860

Post#553 » by Raps in 4 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:13 am

guess_wh0 wrote:If there was ever a time to bring Vince back, it's now.

He's the only credible voice Kawahi would probably listen to and respect. Vince is relatable and he could sell the **** out of the city, including how much he regrets leaving.

Good idea. We should find him a new father figure to replace Dennis.
BackseatBoss
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,269

Post#554 » by BackseatBoss » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:16 am

I don't know man, I have a bad feeling about this. What Kawhi has been doing to the Spurs this last season is despicable in my opinion. To quit on a team in such a way is probably worse than how Carter quit on us. On the other hand, we finally moved on from DeRozan, we are getting a top 5 player in the league, two way player...

Just for some reason I'm afraid that he'll either start using I'd like he did the Spurs or he actually tries playing, but the injury and lack of practice of playing against actual competition will make him look like a shadow of his former self. I really hope I'm wrong.
pegcity
Junior
And1: 145

Post#555 » by pegcity » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:27 am

tms wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
tms wrote:
a healthy Kawhi doesnt exist tho. lets try again

So then why do you have AD on that list?!

I'm guessing you only use that weak cop out for Kawhi lol kick rocks son!

no but seriously... you would honestly take 9-game Kawhi over the reigning MVP ? lol cmon you must see how ridic it is . youve made him into a player that he isnt

Why do you say 9 games? There are many players that get injured, miss a season and come back just as good or better next year and don;t miss many if any games. At this point you are just looking for excuses to hate Kawhi. Separate anger from Demar being traded from the raptor's getting a true bonified superstar and you may realize you are directing you hate elsewhere.
Boogie!
RealGM

Post#556 » by Boogie! » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:30 am

NUCKER101 wrote:

the only reason he has his arms around Bobby and Masai is because he;s using them as crutches.

And that "smile" is actually a wince

you're joking, but it actually kind of looks like that.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Boogie!
RealGM

Post#557 » by Boogie! » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:32 am

i wonder if the kawhi/spurs drama will ever be fully exposed though. like what actually happened and what the beef was. i mean theres really never a point to find out why a player demands a trade, but the whole situation with him sitting out, how much of it was injury related and how much was him just shafting the spurs. i wonder if we'll ever find out, it's such a **** mystery.
Rappid
Junior
And1: 453

Post#558 » by Rappid » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:49 am

Excited to say the very least. Don't expect him to be a top 5 player after a year out, but top 10-15 and we are golden!
RomaniaLuvTR
Head Coach
And1: 1,029

Post#559 » by RomaniaLuvTR » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:53 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:**** just got real, really quick

Aren.t u one of the dumb rocks on this forum who insisted after the press conference that ujiri is hiding the fact that Kawhi is not coming??
Zebsterama
Rookie
And1: 547

Post#560 » by Zebsterama » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:06 am

I don’t think I’ve been this pumped in an offseason since Vince C, and Antonio D resigned those many moons ago.

I thought the world of DD as a human being, not so much as a superstar basketball player - great but not GREAT!

As soon as I heard the deal for KL was imminent I said this was a no brainer. The icing on the cake was what the Raptors gave up. Fantastic!

Interested to see how it all plays out.

Return to Toronto Raptors