ImageImageImageImageImage

Bosh Hosting Mike and Mike

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Re: Bosh Hosting Mike and Mike 

Post#61 » by Avenger » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:27 pm

Volcano wrote:
Avenger wrote:kinda ironic thing to say about Bosh don't you think, i've never heard him give a non-cliched response to a question in my life, the guy doesn't have an ounce of personality in his body,

Yet he still gets blasted for everything he says (or tweets).

that's because he wants to be a media star despite having no personality, he should stick to being a low key guy like any other "boring" athlete. Anyone remember that big announcement that he hyped up for weeks and it turned out to be a fricken DVD release, how pathetic was that?
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#62 » by basketball royalty » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:28 pm

CreaM wrote:
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:
CreaM wrote:I distinctively recall the interview Bosh was given after the firing. He didnt seem too pleased and I have no sources to back this up but if the video can be retrieved somehow, I guess that would be my evidence. Reporters kept alluding to the possibility that the decision might have been screened through CB for his opinion but Bosh maintained the fact that it was not his decision and management had everything to do with the firing. From his body language, he did not seem too pleased that Sam was let go (shoulder shrugs, frowns, and quick snappy answers).

I recall that interview, and when asked if Players themselves felt any responsibility. Reporters were referring to their poor play getting the coach fired, Chris brushed it off. Like to say they're not the ones who hire and fire, but Chris always brushes that stuff off. But you don't think Chris was asked, maybe it suits you better to think BC just asked Andrea what he should do? lol. I've never heard of Chris complaining about Sam being fired, or complaining about Jay being hired. Ever.

I dont think BC consulted any of the players prior to the firing. I remember him saying "management makes decisions, I dont". I think the only time BC talked to the players was when he was about to hire Jay, and thats when he got the reinforcement because the players were high on Jays coaching style, character, and maybe the fact that he was nice to them and didnt scream at them like Sam did, lol.

I remember that interview as well and to me it seemed like CB was trying to be as neutral as possible. If you asked me I thought he was happy with the firing but afraid of Sam and thus didn't want to seem happy about the firing.
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 9,227

Post#63 » by MEDIC » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:28 pm

Ripp wrote:
MEDIC wrote:Ripp,

What was your reasoning for joining this board? I've always been curious.

I mean, you aren't from the Toronto area (or even Canada). You don't seem like a Raptors fan (based on what I've read in your posts). You seem like a Bosh fan, but that's it really. Any thread that is about Bosh, you post a ton in & are always critical of posters who are critical him. Almost like you're sticking up for a family member or something.......

Just curious.

I'm Hadi. Thus, I have great financial incentive in making him look good.

You should change your user name to Hadi. That would actually be pretty damn funny.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,346

Post#64 » by ruckus » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:28 pm

Since when did Bosh's personality become such an issue with the fans. Dislike his game, I understand. Think he's overpaid for what he brings to the team, I understand. But, the one thing I've never had a problem with is his personality. If anything, his personality is kinda (for lack of a better term) Canadian.

Could he be more of a leader? Sure but, that would be the only thing. It's like fitting a square peg into a round hole. Some people are meant to be leaders, some aren't. It doesn't mean he shouldn't get paid though and, it doesn't mean he shouldn't self-promote himself to try and maximize his value.
MrBojangelz71
Banned User
And1: 929

Post#65 » by MrBojangelz71 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:31 pm

Caught a portion of the morning show on my way to worki. Man, XM radio is good an all, but the sports channels are 90% commercials and 10% content. I drive 45 minutes to work and I swear 5 minutes was show 40 minutes commercials.

Anyways I caught an important part were Bosh was asked if there is a snowballs chance in hell basically of signing with toronto.

Bosh said some nice words, he loves the city and the organization and will give heavy, he used that word, thought to resigning. Said he doesn't mind playing outside of the USA, gave props to BC and ownership. Said they have some solid pieces and that the Raptors can do things that other organizations can't. Think he meant going into the tax.

Anyways, I felt he was being honest in his reply and it gives me the impression that TO has a chance in Bosh resigning. I am actually leaning to 40/60 he resigns.
danny-callahan
Head Coach
And1: 84

Post#66 » by danny-callahan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:33 pm

ruckus wrote:Since when did Bosh's personality become such an issue with the fans. Dislike his game, I understand. Think he's overpaid for what he brings to the team, I understand. But, the one thing I've never had a problem with is his personality. If anything, his personality is kinda (for lack of a better term) Canadian.

Oh please. Don't get so butthurt. I have supported Chris and will continue to do so, but there is no denying he is a drama queen and loves all the attention free agency is bringing him. Between his Twitter postings, his countless radio/tv interviews after making it clear he doesn't want to talk about his decisions, the DVD, etc etc etc, people are getting frustrated.
Ripp
General Manager
And1: 324

Post#67 » by Ripp » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:35 pm

MEDIC wrote:
Ripp wrote:
MEDIC wrote:Ripp,

What was your reasoning for joining this board? I've always been curious.

I mean, you aren't from the Toronto area (or even Canada). You don't seem like a Raptors fan (based on what I've read in your posts). You seem like a Bosh fan, but that's it really. Any thread that is about Bosh, you post a ton in & are always critical of posters who are critical him. Almost like you're sticking up for a family member or something.......

Just curious.

I'm Hadi. Thus, I have great financial incentive in making him look good.

You should change your user name to Hadi. That would actually be pretty damn funny.

Heh, it would be quite amusing indeed. I prefer my own nickname more, though. Rolls off the tongue a bit better. And hasn't failed me yet.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,346

Post#68 » by ruckus » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:45 pm

danny-callahan wrote:
ruckus wrote:Since when did Bosh's personality become such an issue with the fans. Dislike his game, I understand. Think he's overpaid for what he brings to the team, I understand. But, the one thing I've never had a problem with is his personality. If anything, his personality is kinda (for lack of a better term) Canadian.

Oh please. Don't get so butthurt. I have supported Chris and will continue to do so, but there is no denying he is a drama queen and loves all the attention free agency is bringing him. Between his Twitter postings, his countless radio/tv interviews after making it clear he doesn't want to talk about his decisions, the DVD, etc etc etc, people are getting frustrated.

My butt is fine. I don't see how he is a drama queen. It seems to me that you are being a little too sensitive to Chris' actions. The way I understood it is that he didn't want to talk about it during the season. The season is over. Now he's making his push. Honestly, I've pretty much tuned out what Chris has been saying because really, it doesn't affect the team. He hasn't said anything negative about the Raptors and, he has always said that Toronto is still in play. Why would people be frustrated? He or BC can't do anything until free agency begins.
EZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#69 » by EZ » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:09 pm

Just imagine the reaction this board will have if Bosh re-signs with the Raps. He will become the fan fav again, and all the drama/twitter/DVD/tattoo/whoring/2nd fiddle nonsense would become endearing.
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,297

Post#70 » by xAIRNESSx » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:26 pm

Here's another article from this interview. It mainly references how Bosh is waiting for LeBron to make the first move.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... gency-bosh
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,700

Post#71 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:33 pm

AP have been updating their story based on his comments on ESPN

In regards to whether BC built around Bosh, and the thought that his unwillingness to do so is puching Bosh away, whether or not Cb wanted BC to get a guy to be the focus donw the stretch for Chris, and whether there should be any expectation of Chris to make his teamamtes better: I give you Chris Bosh:

"
Am I waiting on LeBron? Pretty much," Bosh said. "I think everyone has to. I have to as well."

And while he offered no hints about his own future, Bosh believes what James does could affect everything else that goes on this summer.

"He's a great player and I would be crazy to think that all the teams that are considering him, they would talk to somebody else first," Bosh said. "I think everybody is going to be going at him first.

"They'll probably call him at 12:01," Bosh added. "Hopefully they'll call me at 12:02."

Bosh, James and Miami's Dwyane Wade are the headliners of the class that's expected to opt out of their current deals and become free agents on July 1.

"This is something we've kind of been talking about for four years now," Bosh said. "And the day is finally here. It's kind of scary but it's exciting."

The No. 4 pick in the 2003 draft, Bosh averaged 24.0 points and 10.8 rebounds for the Raptors last season. Toronto hopes to keep Bosh, but is also preparing for the possibility of him joining another club.

Bosh insisted he could return to Toronto.

"Toronto is a great place. ... They have a lot of good things going," Bosh said. "And they're definitely a team that I'm going to be looking at very hard because they can do things that other teams can't."

The Raptors can offer a six-year deal worth approximately $127 million. No other team could offer Bosh more than a five-year pact that would likely be worth around $97 million.

Bosh stressed he would also be happy alongside another elite player.

"I would like to contribute big to somebody," Bosh said. "Toronto made me their focal point and they've built around me for the last few years and just to have that feeling there, it was good because going down into the stretch of the games I knew the ball was going to be in my handsand I knew that I was the guy who had to make my teammates better."

I think BC was smart, given his comments about playing with LeBron, or those caliber players, what could BC have done? When Chris was here he wanted to be the man, he wanted the ball down the stretch. People killed BC for not bringing that guy in for Chris, who would do what Chris wanted to do. So, now that he's got a chance to play with LeBron, Wade or Kobe, Chris is happy to be a big contributor.

Maybe if it didn't take leBron, to get CB to be open to not always being the guy, we could have done more with JO, Turk. Kind of damned if you do damned if you don't. BC should be applauded for not selling the farm, for CB and then watch him walk to join LeBron anyway. You think when BC negotiated CB's deal, he wasn't suspicious of what may happen in 2010 with those guys?

I think BC gave putting a team around Bosh and honest shot, and maybe it's time to go our separate ways. At least we came out of this marriage with assets. The only big bummer is those assets would look a whole lot better if the Turk situation hadn't all gone to crap.
Coach Smiley
Assistant Coach
And1: 980

Post#72 » by Coach Smiley » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:41 pm

The dreads looked WAAAAAAY better
EZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#73 » by EZ » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:46 pm

I for one do not want the ball in his hands down the stretch.
Black Milk
Lead Assistant
And1: 987

Post#74 » by Black Milk » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:06 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:
Champ Kind wrote:I wish Bosh would host something on the FAN 590 like the Gameplan or even be the main guest on Primetime, seems he has not a lot of love for the Canadian media...

:roll: :roll:

Raptor fans worry too much.

Sometimes I find it hard to tell the difference between raptor fans and what I imagine the fans of twilight are like.

Return to Toronto Raptors