ImageImageImageImageImage

Tim & Sid: Lost Faith in Raps

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

Tanner
Veteran
And1: 4,173

Re: Tim & Sid: Lost Faith in Raps 

Post#61 » by Tanner » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:19 pm

Being down 2-1 is not the bad part, it's getting blown out that badly that is the problem. The Raptors routinely get blown out in losses in the playoffs with this group. Not all of the games, but enough of the games to question something about the team as a whole. If you can't even be competitive on the road, much less win there consistently, then these playoff runs are essentially meaningless. They won 2 road games in the playoffs last year despite going to the ECF. Two! One in Indiana, and one in Miami. The year before that they won none. The year before that they won one. Four years and 3-12 record on the road, with most of them being one sided losses. That's awful.

I don't mind Masai's plan of being competitive and hoarding draft picks at the same time, but dammit they haven't developed a single young player in four years except for Powell who can't even get on the floor despite DMC playing like crap. Sid is justified for his criticism even if it is the video equivalent of clickbait.

If Masai just doubles down on this core and overpays Ibaka, Tucker, and Lowry in the summer, what's going to change? Casey isn't going anywhere, and the draft pick will be in the 20's buried somewhere on the bench for 2-3 years or in the D-League. It's about as close to no man's land as there is in basketball. High regular season wins and then a choke job in the playoffs aside from one season where the East was bad.
kwajo
Head Coach
And1: 12,458

Post#62 » by kwajo » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:20 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
C_Money wrote:He's right. This is not the same as the Indiana or Miami series. Jason Kidd has our team figured out like the back of his hand. The Bucks are totally locked in and this Raptors squad looks defeated. This is more like the Washington series from 2 years ago.

This is worse than the Washington series. The last game was the biggest embarrassment ever.

Game 4 against the wizards. Was worse. That a 29pt blowout in a elimantion game. Could have been if the wizards didn't rest there starters in the 4th

This. The whole Wizards series was far more embarrassing than losing Game 3 in Milwaukee. Between the sweep itself and Pierce mocking us throughout, it was a far worse than this series is
”I’m just a man, standing in front of a Raptor, asking them to love me.”
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#63 » by basketball royalty » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:30 pm

I hope the Raps make him eat those words.
props to Turbozone for the sig
beanbag
Analyst
And1: 4,397

Post#64 » by beanbag » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:45 pm

basketball royalty wrote:I hope the Raps make him eat those words.

Pretty sure Sid doesn't need anyone to make him eat anything.
Natural11
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,771

Post#65 » by Natural11 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:59 pm

Sid nailed it. It should be 0-3 right now the way the Raps collapsed in the 4th quarter of game 2, giving up one wide open look after another. The only reason the Bucks missed those shots is because they are a .500 team. You think Cleveland would miss those wide open shots with Korver and Frye camping behind the line? No chance. The Raps would be 0-3 with a -75 differential against elite competition.

Credit to Kidd and the Bucks for humiliating the 3rd seed. At least the Celtics showed some life with their backs against the wall.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,478

Post#66 » by LLJ » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:05 pm

Well, Tim and Sid are like us and react like fans do. They've done this before, so them "losing faith" is not news. They were pissed after the Wiz series too.
Ipsofact0
Senior
And1: 529

Post#67 » by Ipsofact0 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:12 pm

DonMega wrote:Watched it on tv today, was laughing my ass off the whole time but then realize how much it has sucked supporting this team. If we really do have a first round exit I'm officially done with this team. Already wasted enough time on this team, and most of us wanted a rebuild when masai joined the organization but he has been wasting our time with bandaid solutions

You promise?
changes
Head Coach
And1: 9,124

Post#68 » by changes » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:14 pm

carroll destroyed lol
DonMega
General Manager
And1: 8,689

Post#69 » by DonMega » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Ipsofact0 wrote:
DonMega wrote:Watched it on tv today, was laughing my ass off the whole time but then realize how much it has sucked supporting this team. If we really do have a first round exit I'm officially done with this team. Already wasted enough time on this team, and most of us wanted a rebuild when masai joined the organization but he has been wasting our time with bandaid solutions

You promise?

Most likely yes. Hopefully in the time I'm gone they start a rebuild so I can bandwagon in the future like a normal person.
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#70 » by JYD » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:16 pm

Natural11 wrote:Sid nailed it. It should be 0-3 right now the way the Raps collapsed in the 4th quarter of game 2, giving up one wide open look after another. The only reason the Bucks missed those shots is because they are a .500 team. You think Cleveland would miss those wide open shots with Korver and Frye camping behind the line? No chance. The Raps would be 0-3 with a -75 differential against elite competition.

Credit to Kidd and the Bucks for humiliating the 3rd seed. At least the Celtics showed some life with their backs against the wall.

Big picture, this might be good for us. Playing like this, damn straight the Cavs would eviscerate us. DC is 100% out this way.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 29,037

Post#71 » by mademan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:22 pm

JYD wrote:
Natural11 wrote:Sid nailed it. It should be 0-3 right now the way the Raps collapsed in the 4th quarter of game 2, giving up one wide open look after another. The only reason the Bucks missed those shots is because they are a .500 team. You think Cleveland would miss those wide open shots with Korver and Frye camping behind the line? No chance. The Raps would be 0-3 with a -75 differential against elite competition.

Big picture, this might be good for us. Playing like this, damn straight the Cavs would eviscerate us. DC is 100% out this way.

Ya. I cant see a situation where there arent major changes coming if we lose this series. We're 1 Pacers 4th quarter collapse from being ousted by a lower seed for 4 straight years
soloxylo
General Manager
And1: 12,204

Post#72 » by soloxylo » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:34 pm

Sid said everything with his chest.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,934
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#73 » by Boogie! » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:39 pm

asissts dont matter, ride or die, etc etc etc...
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,907

Post#74 » by Dennis 37 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:36 pm

kwajo wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:
Dennis 37 wrote:
This is worse than the Washington series. The last game was the biggest embarrassment ever.

Game 4 against the wizards. Was worse. That a 29pt blowout in a elimantion game. Could have been if the wizards didn't rest there starters in the 4th

This. The whole Wizards series was far more embarrassing than losing Game 3 in Milwaukee. Between the sweep itself and Pierce mocking us throughout, it was a far worse than this series is

But Pierce was right, we didn't have "it". Masai went out and got "it" in Tucker and Ibaka, and yet we continue to have to experience getting our collective noses rubbed into the hair on the court. The Bucks game was more embarrassing because the talent on this team is so much better than we had vs Washington.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#75 » by basketball royalty » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:05 am

basketball royalty wrote:I hope the Raps make him eat those words.

Toma Carahlo!
props to Turbozone for the sig
Syndrome
Rookie
And1: 1,000

Post#76 » by Syndrome » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:13 am

Victim of the moment pass after a frustrating loss but you don't make definitive statements like that when it's only 2-1 and still very much a series. Or else you look stupid if by chance the Raptors beat the Bucks in the series. You can pretty much get away with it when it's 3-0 or even 3-1 though. Now Sid has to root against the Raptors for the rest of the series for the sake of his ego.
S.W.A.N
Head Coach
And1: 2,616

Post#77 » by S.W.A.N » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:58 am

Syndrome wrote:Victim of the moment pass after a frustrating loss but you don't make definitive statements like that when it's only 2-1 and still very much a series. Or else you look stupid if by chance the Raptors beat the Bucks in the series. You can pretty much get away with it when it's 3-0 or even 3-1 though. Now Sid has to root against the Raptors for the rest of the series for the sake of his ego.

Nah. He can jump back on the wagon. His reactions were legit after that beat down. I suspect most of us felt exactly the same way. Now that we've had a bounce back game he can sit on the fence and wait to see what happens but he has to credit demar and crew for showing some fight.

We never should've been in this situation, Kidd out coached Casey 3 games out of four but now we have a real series.
We the North
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,364

Post#78 » by LJKO » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:08 am

Sid is weak if he got rattled like that
Wally West
Starter
And1: 329

Post#79 » by Wally West » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:29 pm

Tim - "I'm going to keep this distance because I'm scared." :lol:
Want: Trae Young, Michael Porter Jr., DeAndre Ayton, Jaren Jackson Jr, Marvin Bagley III, Mohamad Bamba, Shai Gilgeous- Alexander, Elie Okobo, Jevon Carter
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,774

Post#80 » by Yallbecrazy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:03 pm

Sid always goes on rants after super small samples. It's his schtick

Return to Toronto Raptors