ImageImageImageImageImage

YUTA. Contract converted.

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

aligator
Assistant Coach
And1: 432

Re: YUTA. Contract converted. 

Post#61 » by aligator » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:28 pm

Zeno wrote:
will wrote:
Zeno wrote:Not able to give him 3 years because we don't have MLE(used it on Baynes and Len. lol). Two years max right now including this year. This is why making Gillespie a 2 year two way now and converting him to a 3 year deal next offseason with the MLE (if he makes the team) makes more sense than giving him a full contract now.

The amount Ron Baynes is making alone, could literally overhaul the Raps entire bench :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It will all be worth it when his salary next year is thrown into a trade with Boucher, Hood plus our pick(and several future picks) for Beal or someone else. Of course this means Baynes gets another year in the league at 7 million plus. He is living right.

Never going to happen.
Blood Orange
Sixth Man
And1: 2,795

Post#62 » by Blood Orange » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:29 pm

I don't know if anyone posted this but here's a clip of Yuta discussing his new contract

aj174
Senior
And1: 919

Post#63 » by aj174 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:34 pm

JuelzSantana wrote:I don't know if anyone posted this but here's a clip of Yuta discussing his new contract

Awesome, he looks genuinely happy, reminds me so much of pops mensah bonsu

Edit: before any analysts here have an aneurysm, energy on the court is the comparison between the two players
Blood Orange
Sixth Man
And1: 2,795

Post#64 » by Blood Orange » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:45 pm

aj174 wrote:
JuelzSantana wrote:I don't know if anyone posted this but here's a clip of Yuta discussing his new contract

Yea, I wish him nothing but success, he seems like a really good dude.
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,312

Post#65 » by raptorstime » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:05 pm

Guard like skills, fantastic court vision, active on defence, decent shooter... Masai got another one. This is why I don't care for tanking because this org can find talent anywhere.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,203

Post#66 » by tecumseh18 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:07 pm

aj174 wrote:

W. T. A. F???

I can't let this slide. In what universe is Yuta comparable to Pops "The Legend" Mensah Bonsu?

They both bring the energy, but Yuta does a lot more than rebound (although he does do that). Yuta can also score from more than 6" away from the basket. And defend like a demon, on just about anyone.
will
RealGM
And1: 50,021
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#67 » by will » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:25 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
aj174 wrote:

W. T. A. F???

I can't let this slide. In what universe is Yuta comparable to Pops "The Legend" Mensah Bonsu?

They both bring the energy, but Yuta does a lot more than rebound (although he does do that). Yuta can also score from more than 6" away from the basket. And defend like a demon, on just about anyone.

Unless he was comparing their energy on court?

Other than that, Pops shot radius was like 2 feet wide.
Rokutime
Freshman
And1: 68

Post#68 » by Rokutime » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:13 pm

Yuta gives the Raptors solid minutes all season as a high-energy guy off the bench and defender and the Raptors reward him with a non-guaranteed deal. Meanwhile Oshae Brisett has few good games for Indiana and signs a 3 year deal lol.

Toronto has marketed Yuta like crazy abroad and rakes in the revenue from his jersey sales. I think they should've done right by Yuta.

[streamable][/streamable]
aj174
Senior
And1: 919

Post#69 » by aj174 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:31 am

will wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:
aj174 wrote:

W. T. A. F???

Unless he was comparing their energy on court?

Other than that, Pops shot radius was like 2 feet wide.

Yes that's what I was comparing, both energy spark plugs. Yuta brings more obviously. Lol
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,801

Post#70 » by slicedbread2 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:07 pm

aj174 wrote:

Edit: before any analysts here have an aneurysm, energy on the court is the comparison between the two players

Another common denominator is both attended George Washington university for 4 years. Can't believe it just struck me.

Either way good for Yuta in getting another year. Worse case he gets 350k if he doesn't make the roster and best case his deal guarantees.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,345

Post#71 » by Zeno » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:22 pm

Rokutime wrote:Yuta gives the Raptors solid minutes all season as a high-energy guy off the bench and defender and the Raptors reward him with a non-guaranteed deal. Meanwhile Oshae Brisett has few good games for Indiana and signs a 3 year deal lol.

Toronto has marketed Yuta like crazy abroad and rakes in the revenue from his jersey sales. I think they should've done right by Yuta.

[streamable][/streamable]

Brissett's deal next year is fully non-guaranteed and remains so until January 15th. Yuta deal guarantees for 375K after free agency begins and is fully guaranteed if he makes the team next year. Yuta's deal is much better than Oshae's. Plus the 3rd year, which the Raps couldn't even offer Yuta because they don't have their MLE anymore, would have been to the team benefit not his.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please adviseā€¦.

Dan G.

Return to Toronto Raptors