ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Raps won; No one Cares

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

Los_29
RealGM
And1: 12,202

Re: PG: Raps won; No one Cares 

Post#61 » by Los_29 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 6:59 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
ItsDanger wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
At least his posts about Jordan Hawkins have slowed down and he’s not calling Gradey Dick a bust anymore. Baby steps.

I wasn't supporting Hawkins as a selection nor did I call Dick a bust. I only stated that if he continued on that path there's a strong risk he might be a bust. But facts matter little to some.

Maybe this year you’ll say which prospects you like before the draft instead of waiting.

That’s wishful thinking. We know that won’t happen.

The real highlight was him hyping up Neemias Queta. Huge blunder by our FO.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 25,179

Post#62 » by Tha Cynic » Mon Mar 4, 2024 7:25 am

Los_29 wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:Worst part of following this team right now is the sudden increase in ItsDanger’s post count. Truly awful stuff.

At least his posts about Jordan Hawkins have slowed down and he’s not calling Gradey Dick a bust anymore. Baby steps.

I notice ItsDanger always talks about the actual game and sport (even if you don't agree with them) and you guys seem to just like attacking the poster with a hive mentality, instigating for no reason like you're personally making all these transactions. I've even seen a mod do this.

I guess this is allowed around here? Aren't you guys also the same people who like to complain about everything? It's kind of ironic watching you all continuously go at the poster personally and then act like you're the morally great people. :lol:
Kobe Bryant: “You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Los_29
RealGM

Post#63 » by Los_29 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 9:18 am

Tha Cynic wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:Worst part of following this team right now is the sudden increase in ItsDanger’s post count. Truly awful stuff.

I notice ItsDanger always talks about the actual game and sport (even if you don't agree with them) and you guys seem to just like attacking the poster with a hive mentality, instigating for no reason like you're personally making all these transactions. I've even seen a mod do this.

I guess this is allowed around here? Aren't you guys also the same people who like to complain about everything? It's kind of ironic watching you all continuously go at the poster personally and then act like you're the morally great people. :lol:

The fact you think he just talks about the game is hilarious. No one would be posting about him if that were the case. Just two months ago he was talking about how much of a blunder it was by our FO to not sign Neemias Queta. Now that’s what you call complaining. I think you have us mistaken for someone else. I’d actually say we are the ones that complain the least around here. No one goes after him personally.
fbalmeida
Head Coach
And1: 8,011

Post#64 » by fbalmeida » Mon Mar 4, 2024 11:07 am

Not too bad of a game.
Fun seeing other guys get more looks. And with Poeltl out, it just underlines how stupid it was to go so long with only 1 or 0 bigs. Glad they've gone with a balanced roster, at long last. A few bad bounces and we could've lost this one in embarrassing fashion.
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
lobosloboslobos
RealGM
And1: 18,097

Post#65 » by lobosloboslobos » Mon Mar 4, 2024 11:36 am

mrdressup wrote:It's a shame they don't highlight Dick more, because these games could have more entertainment value. He's already shown that he's one our most intelligent players. There's no obvious personal agenda with him. He doesn't play that G-league brand of basketball where everyone straight lines it to the basket a the second they touch the ball. He's become my favorite player. I'd love to see him be used more.

fully agree on this. i don't know how you measure 'best', especially when he is only allowed to touch the ball once every 9 plays, but to me he is the Raps player doing the most useful plays and least pointless or harmful ones every moment he is on the court. he literally does something useful every second or two. he's always thinking and always moving. always trying to make what his teammates are doing work better, and always aware of what all of his teammates are doing. nobody else on the team except scottie does that unfortunately.
alan_156
Senior
And1: 758

Post#66 » by alan_156 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 11:44 am

Want to see liberty get the minutes over Nwora.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 22,251

Post#67 » by ATLTimekeeper » Mon Mar 4, 2024 12:41 pm

They played together without Scottie. IQ, RJ and Kelly ran the system. The TOs are mostly from having to force feed to cutters. Without Scottie the ballhandling on this team when from putrid to rancid, and Kelly was playing his role.

Agbaji kind of stunk it up but Matt Devlin acted like he was Vince Carter out there :lol:
InfraRedshaw
Pro Prospect
And1: 767

Post#68 » by InfraRedshaw » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:36 pm

I care! The more we win, the less juicy of a pick we can potentially convey to the spurs
Just 8* years ago Andrea Bargnani was my franchise player, you MF'ers can't rain on my parade
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 65,185

Post#69 » by OakleyDokely » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:40 pm

The real value with Ochai is the defense. Hornets players shot only 3-11 when being guarded by him. He's going to need to hit the open 3s he missed today to stay on the court for prolonged stretches, but there's enough there to play him so you can see what he can develop into. He missed a lot of shots today, but pretty much all of them were open shots, in the flow of the offense, that they need him to take and make.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 28,204

Post#70 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:55 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

Lol the dude has just lost all credibility. He flip flops his positions so fast and acts like the smartest **** in the room but is terrified to give an actual prediction or name a player we should go after. He is the king of hindsight and acts about how obvious everything is (after the fact) but I have yet to see him once bring up a player he wishes we would go grab.

The dude took Business 100 at his local community college and thinks now he has unlocked the key to running an NBA franchise :lol:
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Tha Cynic
RealGM

Post#71 » by Tha Cynic » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:03 pm

Los_29 wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

The fact you think he just talks about the game is hilarious. No one would be posting about him if that were the case. Just two months ago he was talking about how much of a blunder it was by our FO to not sign Neemias Queta. Now that’s what you call complaining. I think you have us mistaken for someone else. I’d actually say we are the ones that complain the least around here. No one goes after him personally.

Yeah notice he's talking about the front office that makes the deals. Not about you and how stupid you would be to make these comments, which is what you guys are implying when you talk about him? What you and your band of brothers do is personally attack the poster. What the poster is doing is attacking the front office which is part of Raptors talk.
Kobe Bryant: “You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Tha Cynic
RealGM

Post#72 » by Tha Cynic » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:08 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

Lol the dude has just lost all credibility. He flip flops his positions so fast and acts like the smartest **** in the room but is terrified to give an actual prediction or name a player we should go after. He is the king of hindsight and acts about how obvious everything is (after the fact) but I have yet to see him once bring up a player he wishes we would go grab.

The dude took Business 100 at his local community college and thinks now he has unlocked the key to running an NBA franchise :lol:

Whether you think he flip flops or not, you can attack his point. But there is a group of posters here who just pile on the poster himself like the instigating comments that were made earlier in this thread. One thing ItsDanger has been very good at is making his point about the Toronto Raptors, not the poster. He only responds to posters after this group of righteous know-it-alls (who actually funny enough have a track record of being wrong over and over again and flip-floping), make personally comments about him. Even then he actually talks about the Raptors. If anything the poster has been very mature about the whole situation here while being personally attacked (regardless of what you think about his point).

Again, funny enough, this is "you're too negative" complainers who think they are the goal standard everyone should follow.
TheGeneral99
Veteran
And1: 3,683

Post#73 » by TheGeneral99 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:05 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

Yes, lol...I've seen the poster multiple times claiming that leading an NBA front office is an easy job and his business knowledge would allow him to do it better.
Los_29
RealGM

Post#74 » by Los_29 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:06 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:

Whether you think he flip flops or not, you can attack his point. But there is a group of posters here who just pile on the poster himself like the instigating comments that were made earlier in this thread. One thing ItsDanger has been very good at is making his point about the Toronto Raptors, not the poster. He only responds to posters after this group of righteous know-it-alls (who actually funny enough have a track record of being wrong over and over again and flip-floping), make personally comments about him. Even then he actually talks about the Raptors. If anything the poster has been very mature about the whole situation here while being personally attacked (regardless of what you think about his point).

Again, funny enough, this is "you're too negative" complainers who think they are the goal standard everyone should follow.

Although we all have been wrong and had bad takes, you’d find that that we have a much better track record than those posters you are defending. And that says a lot considering many of them left during our 48 win season because they wanted to avoid criticism for their bad takes. ItsDanger has also not been about the Toronto Raptors and has gone after posters in the past. I don’t think blaming the FO for not signing Neemias Quetas is an argument in good faith. I think we can all agree that that was extremely silly.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#75 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:09 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:Whether you think he flip flops or not, you can attack his point. But there is a group of posters here who just pile on the poster himself like the instigating comments that were made earlier in this thread. One thing ItsDanger has been very good at is making his point about the Toronto Raptors, not the poster.

Man what are you even talking about.

He is the absolute king of throwing out passive-aggressive comments that are 100% directed at others but is to cowardly to actually quote the people he is talking about.

He only responds to posters after this group of righteous know-it-alls (who actually funny enough have a track record of being wrong over and over again and flip-floping)
Everyone on this board is constantly wrong :lol:

Danger is never wrong, because Danger never says anything until after it has happened and then acts like it was obvious from the start :lol:
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,455

Post#76 » by DelAbbot » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:09 pm

Scase wrote:5pt win over the hornets lol. PUSH FOR THE PLAY IN BOYS!

I think no one, fans, management, coaches, or players are targeting the play in.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#77 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:10 pm

TheGeneral99 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:

Yes, lol...I've seen the poster multiple times claiming that leading an NBA front office is an easy job and his business knowledge would allow him to do it better.

Exactly. He has made this claim numerous times. It is why I constantly ask him to tell me who the Raptors should target. As the job is so easy, he should have a name or 3 ready, right?

But of course he doesn't. Because he has no **** clue.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 65,085

Post#78 » by Duffman100 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:13 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Scase wrote:5pt win over the hornets lol. PUSH FOR THE PLAY IN BOYS!

I think no one, fans, management, coaches, or players are targeting the play in.

I don't think they care either way to be honest. I get the feeling everyone is just playing and not thinking about the pick conveying etc.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,455

Post#79 » by DelAbbot » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:15 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:The dude took Business 100 at his local community college and thinks now he has unlocked the key to running an NBA franchise :lol:

I never even took a business class. My credential in running an NBA team is about 1000 hours of basketball manager simulation Pro Basketball by Wolverine Studios
TorontoBarneys
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,642

Post#80 » by TorontoBarneys » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:18 pm

Ochai has some real talent. Loved that end-to-end play by him. We have some pretty nice pieces now. Feels like a big difference in bench depth compared to the start of the season.

Return to Toronto Raptors