ImageImageImageImageImage

Pelicans Potentially Looking to Trade Ingram and not Interested in Bringing JV Back

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

Would You Want The Raptors To Go After Ingram?

Yes
28%
No
55%
Not Sure
17%

Total votes: 109

Thaddy
Analyst
And1: 1,927

Re: Pelicans Potentially Looking to Trade Ingram and not Interested in Bringing JV Back 

Post#61 » by Thaddy » Tue May 14, 2024 3:46 am

Poeltl for Herb Jones and a 2025 pick top 6 protected. They get a better center and we get a prospect and a pick.
DonDoolie
Veteran
And1: 3,766

Re: Pelicans Potentially Looking to Trade Ingram and not Interested in Bringing JV Back 

Post#62 » by DonDoolie » Tue May 14, 2024 3:49 am

Thaddy wrote:Poeltl for Herb Jones and a 2025 pick top 6 protected. They get a better center and we get a prospect and a pick.

stay off the crack buddy. :lol:
Weaseling out of things is important to learn; it’s what separates us from the animals … except the weasel
Thaddy
Analyst
And1: 1,927

Post#63 » by Thaddy » Tue May 14, 2024 4:21 am

DonDoolie wrote:
Thaddy wrote:Poeltl for Herb Jones and a 2025 pick top 6 protected. They get a better center and we get a prospect and a pick.

I forgot Poeltl is a overpaid scrub and Herb Jones is a franchise tier prospect not a mid 20s role player. Even crazier is that I want a lottery pick on top of it, not a mid to late 20s pick :crazy:

Maybe we can get Wiggins and a bag of chips for Poeltl. Might have to throw in a few future firsts too since Poeltl isn't playable at the end of games. :noway:
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,810

Post#64 » by metafisical » Tue May 14, 2024 5:04 am

DonDoolie wrote:

Poeltl for Herb Jones and 2 unprotected firsts. No need for any protections. Trading for Poeltl should be a privilege to any team. Hence why we should be receiving unprotected picks to compensate.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
steveholt
Junior
And1: 276

Post#65 » by steveholt » Tue May 14, 2024 11:42 am

If we can get him without giving up RJ SB or IQ, hell yeah why not. Would be a very nice fit imo. Plus hes still young and hes skilled / talented. With the right mix he could flourish.
TGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 736

Post#66 » by TGM » Tue May 14, 2024 11:43 am

Honestly people saying no to Ingram are the same ones that said no to KD, no to Mitchell, to Gobert etc…

I think the acquisition cost for Ingram isn’t too high so worth taking a chance. The deal would probably cost Jakob and Brown as the key pieces. I think it’s worth the risk as we lack a legit alpha scorer. Maybe we bring back JV on a short 3 year deal. If there is a way to get Ingram with out putting in Jakob even better. As having the C depth with JV and Kelly would be key. However, I think Pel’s would insist on Jakob as they badly need a defensive Center
TorontoRapsFan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,375

Post#67 » by TorontoRapsFan » Tue May 14, 2024 12:03 pm

He could be a buy low that ends up with a couple of all star appearances in the next few years or a one year rental or even worse an injured body taking up large chunk of cap space.

Both risk and reward are high on the guy, so what gets traded for him I think is what really makes the difference on whether you do it or not. Say Brown, Boucher and a first. Do you do that? What if there is a deal for brown that gives back a mid range first rounder? Which do you do?
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,392

Post#68 » by Zeno » Tue May 14, 2024 12:11 pm

now that we conveyed the pick, I'm against this unless extremely cheap asset-wise. Like Bruce Brown, McDaniels, and the Indy 1st. Even then we'd need to know he wants to extend.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Shakril
Starter
And1: 1,350

Post#69 » by Shakril » Tue May 14, 2024 12:31 pm

Thaddy wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:

I forgot Poeltl is a overpaid scrub and Herb Jones is a franchise tier prospect not a mid 20s role player. Even crazier is that I want a lottery pick on top of it, not a mid to late 20s pick :crazy:

Maybe we can get Wiggins and a bag of chips for Poeltl. Might have to throw in a few future firsts too since Poeltl isn't playable at the end of games. :noway:

He was right, stay off the crack.

Herb Jones is not a franchise tier prospect. Giving Poeltl up for him an a mid to late FRP is underwhelming.
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 23,286

Post#70 » by HumbleRen » Tue May 14, 2024 12:47 pm

ItsDanger wrote:We just saw him in the playoffs as #1 option for Pelicans and he failed miserably.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=jjXxOoE4yWMd4fG6_-MQMQ

Maybe Dort and OKC’s defence is just that good haha.

I agree though, it’s a pass on Ingram. I think he would actually be a good fit but he’s too injury prone for my liking.
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,348

Post#71 » by MiamiSPX » Tue May 14, 2024 12:47 pm

Lol, Herb is not a prospect anymore. He was a starter on a playoff team and is going to get a ton of votes for All Defensive team. He also has one of the best contracts in the league.

Even if you switched the draft pick so that it's us giving them a top 6 protected 1st, they would laugh and hang up.
ArthurVandelay
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,043

Post#72 » by ArthurVandelay » Tue May 14, 2024 12:50 pm

Herb Jones is one of the most desirable players in the NBA today.

He is a long, lanky wing. Is just shy of 50/40/90 club. Plays stellar D. Makes $13/14/15m over next 3 seasons.

Forget the fact Poeltl doesn't fit next to Zion, no way Poeltl could fetch Jones and first(s).
Senbonzakura
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,934

Post#73 » by Senbonzakura » Tue May 14, 2024 1:01 pm

I think we need to stop looking for quick fixes.
Raptaurus
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#74 » by Raptaurus » Tue May 14, 2024 1:35 pm

No way the Pelicans give us Herb Jones for Poetl. Probably just a very late protected first rounder or two second rounders + cap filler.
Shakril
Starter

Post#75 » by Shakril » Tue May 14, 2024 1:52 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:Herb Jones is one of the most desirable players in the NBA today.

He is a long, lanky wing. Is just shy of 50/40/90 club. Plays stellar D. Makes $13/14/15m over next 3 seasons.

Forget the fact Poeltl doesn't fit next to Zion, no way Poeltl could fetch Jones and first(s).

You are dreaming. He is a good roleplayer, but not a franchise player. His worth is solely based of what could be, not what he brings now. If the Pels want Poeltl, they are making a win now move, and Poeltl right now has a higher value as player than herb right now.
ArthurVandelay
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,043

Post#76 » by ArthurVandelay » Tue May 14, 2024 1:55 pm

Shakril wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:Herb Jones is one of the most desirable players in the NBA today.

You are dreaming. He is a good roleplayer, but not a franchise player. His worth is solely based of what could be, not what he brings now. If the Pels want Poeltl, they are making a win now move, and Poeltl right now has a higher value as player than herb right now.

No. You're dreaming. I'm rubber, you're glue.

Outside of legit superstars, Jones skillset is the most desired in the league. He's cut from the same cloth as OG.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,934

Post#77 » by agkagk » Tue May 14, 2024 1:58 pm

Thaddy wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:

Ya i dont thInk anyone knows the true value of draft picks.

Jakub is a VERY successful former 9th overall pick just entering his prime.

Just on paper isnt that worth an 8 - 12th overall pick plus other assets?

I honestly dont know, but it sure sounds like it!
MiamiSPX
Analyst
And1: 4,348

Post#78 » by MiamiSPX » Tue May 14, 2024 2:01 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:
Shakril wrote:

Outside of legit superstars, Jones skillset is the most desired in the league. He's cut from the same cloth as OG.

He's 15lbs away from actually being OG, but on a much better contract and not as injury prone.. If anyone looks up what opposing players say about him, it's eerily similar to what they said about OG in his early years.

Like I said, even if we offered Poeltl and a top 6 protected 1st, the Pelicans would decline in a nanosecond.
Shakril
Starter

Post#79 » by Shakril » Tue May 14, 2024 2:07 pm

ArthurVandelay wrote:
Shakril wrote:

Herb Jones right now, is playing a supporting role, he does it well i might add, but he is nowhere near, where you believe he is.
What you do right now is overvalueing one Player, while undervalueing the other Player.
Yes Herb has room to grow, but as of now, he is not a franchise player. He is one of many good young prospects, but not THE propspect you claim.

To further the argument: The NBA slowly shifts back to a Center Dominated league. Outside of the established Superstars, Jokic, Embid, Giannis, there is Chet and Victor upcoming and maybe Zion who turns a corner. And thats only the top Players.
Means, that Defensive minded center will be in demand, to play against those Monsters. That alone increases Poeltls value, who just entered his prime.
Shakril
Starter

Post#80 » by Shakril » Tue May 14, 2024 2:09 pm

MiamiSPX wrote:
ArthurVandelay wrote:
Shakril wrote:

He's 15lbs away from actually being OG, but on a much better contract and not as injury prone.. If anyone looks up what opposing players say about him, it's eerily similar to what they said about OG in his early years.

Like I said, even if we offered Poeltl and a top 6 protected 1st, the Pelicans would decline in a nanosecond.

Depends on what there plans are. If the want to win now, the will have to give up Herb. If they are building for the future, of course they keep him. My Problem is not if the Pels make this trade or not, but the sheer misjudgment of the qualities of Players is just mindblowing.

Return to Toronto Raptors