ImageImageImageImageImage

[Fischer] OG Re-Signing With Knicks Not A Certainty

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

How Good Would The Raptors Be Next Year If They Re-Signed OG?

Top 6 Playoff Team
28%
Play-in Team
37%
Lottery
10%
No clue but I'm here for the madness and Dolan's tears lol
25%

Total votes: 154

C_Money
RealGM
And1: 26,085

Re: [Fischer] OG Re-Signing With Knicks Not A Certainty 

Post#61 » by C_Money » Thu May 23, 2024 7:10 pm

mademan wrote:
raincityraptors wrote:He has gone from being my favorite Raptor (now RJ because he reminds me of Manu) to me wanting to sign Derrick Jones Jr instead. Have I gone crazy? I just don't think OG will be able to play enough games in the playoffs to be the impact player we all know he is - when he isn't injured.

DJJ does nothing for us. We dont have the playmaking to make him look passable offensively like Dallas does with Kyrie and Luka. He'd be another Bruce Brown without Jokic.

Yeah I’ve got no interest in bringing back the longboi non-shooter types. Seen enough of that over the past few years.
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,716

Post#62 » by Dalek » Thu May 23, 2024 7:10 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
Dalek wrote:It is probably just some posturing via agents to ensure OG gets a max deal. I do know I would be more comfortable paying OG $35-40m a season versus paying that to Pascal. This team could use his defense and shooting, and honestly he looked great in an expanded role in NY.

His agent IS the Knicks :lol: Would be a strange self-own. I think that they want to get him overpaid in Philly because they realize he's not going to put them over the top. The NBA is fluid and Brunson likely put himself on the radar of other superstars with his stellar play in the post-season. Once OG locks in it's another Tobias Harris situation. A good but not core piece on a contender.

I can see where you are coming from, but empty calories offense of Tobias versus All-NBA Defense of OG is a huge swing factor for me. He is a complimentary piece, but maybe the best defender in the league for his position. Hell, he can even guard Giannis and other Cs if you want him to.
raincityraptors
Junior
And1: 782

Post#63 » by raincityraptors » Thu May 23, 2024 7:14 pm

Dalek wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:
Dalek wrote:It is probably just some posturing via agents to ensure OG gets a max deal. I do know I would be more comfortable paying OG $35-40m a season versus paying that to Pascal. This team could use his defense and shooting, and honestly he looked great in an expanded role in NY.

His agent IS the Knicks :lol: Would be a strange self-own. I think that they want to get him overpaid in Philly because they realize he's not going to put them over the top. The NBA is fluid and Brunson likely put himself on the radar of other superstars with his stellar play in the post-season. Once OG locks in it's another Tobias Harris situation. A good but not core piece on a contender.

I can see where you are coming from, but empty calories offense of Tobias versus All-NBA Defense of OG is a huge swing factor for me. He is a complimentary piece, but maybe the best defender in the league for his position. Hell, he can even guard Giannis and other Cs if you want him to.

Agreed if he can stay on court. As he gets older and continues his physical play, the trend of injuries may continue - especially with Thibs as a coach.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 9,093

Post#64 » by Kingsway_fan » Thu May 23, 2024 7:19 pm

The era of overpay is upon us... he will be overpaid by Knicks.... as will pascal...

Later....Our top players as well... phily was always a threat to sign pascal or og... look at the massive overpay for Fred.... the risk one runs when players become free agents....
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,192

Post#65 » by kalel123 » Thu May 23, 2024 7:21 pm

Wouldn't be against bringing him back if we had the means. But damn, he's so injury-prone. To miss that many games every year even when he's potentially hitting free agency?

I'd expect Knicks not being able to bring him back would prove near-disastrous for them. They have a bright future but that partly hinges on their ability to bring back OG. So I doubt they'd risk it by lowballing him, which is the only way IMO that he'd leave.
kalel123
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,192

Post#66 » by kalel123 » Thu May 23, 2024 7:22 pm

Kingsway_fan wrote:The era of overpay is upon us... he will be overpaid by Knicks.... as will pascal...

Later....Our top players as well... phily was always a threat to sign pascal or og... look at the massive overpay for Fred.... the risk one runs when players become free agents....

That's the era we live in. Cap keeps going up in large chunks, now even more thanks to new TV deal, so teams will figure the overpay now will not look so bad several years down the line when they may need to get rid of these contracts.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,455

Post#67 » by DelAbbot » Thu May 23, 2024 7:24 pm

Yeah in all seriousness, as OG's biggest fan, at 40M he is overrated - the games he missed in the Pacer playoff series decided that series.

Let him cripple some franchise like NYY / PHI like Kawhi is doing to the Clippers: They can't win with him (always injured) and they can't let him go due to the price they paid to acquire him.
Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 9,093

Post#68 » by Kingsway_fan » Thu May 23, 2024 7:27 pm

_MidNight_ wrote:Give it up people the OG ship has sailed. "IF" he moves on it won't be to the Raptors.

No one --- well almost no one, wants to play in fridged toronto if they have warmer options ...

Pascal would have stayed..

Norm... but og???
Thaddy
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,188

Post#69 » by Thaddy » Thu May 23, 2024 7:37 pm

This would be great in terms of destroying the Knicks asset base. We could be better than them within 1-2 seasons if this manages to pull through.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,659

Post#70 » by Red_Claw » Thu May 23, 2024 7:38 pm

i would give OG the max....just saying.
will
RealGM
And1: 50,453
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#71 » by will » Thu May 23, 2024 7:40 pm

With the new tv deal....
Scase
RealGM
And1: 8,538

Post#72 » by Scase » Thu May 23, 2024 7:43 pm

I'm willing to believe there is like a 1% chance that he is not returning to the Knicks. This is likely just agent shenanigans to ensure he gets the most money he can.
Props TZ!
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,149

Post#73 » by Indeed » Thu May 23, 2024 8:05 pm

Got to wonder when are we banning Fischer.
Click bait for Yahoo.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 40,408

Post#74 » by Tor_Raps » Thu May 23, 2024 8:11 pm

Indeed wrote:Got to wonder when are we banning Fischer.
Click bait for Yahoo.

Fischer has been plugged in on various rumours and has broken many stories/transactions. He's not woj/shams where they typically only report on items that are near 100% to be true.

Fischer reports pretty much everything comes his way and some of the things end up happening and some things fall apart. It doesn't mean that the news at that point in time wasn't true, things can change drastically after anything is reported.
nestea
Veteran
And1: 1,831

Post#75 » by nestea » Thu May 23, 2024 8:12 pm

That brotha just can't stay healthy. I'll pass for the money he's commanding.
Im an Optomist, not an optometrist!
nestea
Veteran
And1: 1,831

Post#76 » by nestea » Thu May 23, 2024 8:13 pm

That brotha just can't stay healthy. I'll pass for the money he's commanding.
Im an Optomist, not an optometrist!
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,762

Post#77 » by bluerap23 » Thu May 23, 2024 8:21 pm

Bring him home. Get er done BC
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,405

Post#78 » by Mark_83 » Thu May 23, 2024 9:24 pm

Masai's gotta do this. He fills a need, screws thew Knicks, and brings back Scottie's best friend. Dump Brown and let Trent walk. lol
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 43,175

Post#79 » by PhilBlackson » Thu May 23, 2024 9:48 pm

I wish it was Pascal instead so that IND 26' would be better.

I love OG, really do but we bring him back it's just a race back to the middle of the pack again. I prefer we rebuild the proper way. Move Brown & Yak so we can get a really good pick next year where there's a ton of HIGH upside wings that could substantially improve this team's ceiling vs just a quick patch up to become mid again.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Wemb is Top 10 & he’s not 10
Names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,969

Post#80 » by Raptors Realtor » Thu May 23, 2024 10:05 pm

BBS22 wrote:I'd put $5 on OG re upping with the Knicks.

This is a smokescreen to ensure he gets the maximum ROI if Dolan is hesitating forking the cash.

You seem really confident.

Return to Toronto Raptors