ImageImageImageImageImage

Bruno assigned to D League

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

basketballbeans
Pro Prospect
And1: 397

Re: Bruno assigned to D League 

Post#81 » by basketballbeans » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:30 am

[quote="TheDunc"]Awesome news, im assuming that he developped his english enough and become accustomed enough to the NBA life style that they feel hes ready for a trip to the D league where he can get more minutes. Thats what the kid needs, he needs playing time to develop his game as much as possible. Ill be keeping a keen eye on the Mad Ants from now, anyone know if we can see some of his games?[/quote

I search "YouTube" in the "search in this thread" search bar and found nothing so I'm assuming no one has told you yet... yes, you can watch every NBADL game on YouTube, the D-League live stream's all of it's games on there for free.

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/nbadleague
basketballbeans
Pro Prospect
And1: 397

Post#82 » by basketballbeans » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:33 am

TheDunc wrote:Awesome news, im assuming that he developped his english enough and become accustomed enough to the NBA life style that they feel hes ready for a trip to the D league where he can get more minutes. Thats what the kid needs, he needs playing time to develop his game as much as possible. Ill be keeping a keen eye on the Mad Ants from now, anyone know if we can see some of his games?

I search "YouTube" in the "search in this thread" search bar and found nothing so I'm assuming no one has told you yet... yes, you can watch every NBADL game on YouTube, the D-League live stream's all of it's games on there for free.

Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/nbadleague
carl_english
General Manager
And1: 3,140

Post#83 » by carl_english » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 am

8PM. Do not miss it.
chrisanna
Pro Prospect
And1: 309

Post#84 » by chrisanna » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:44 am

bebe aint going cuz he is an insurance big and is farther along in development
TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,296

Post#85 » by TheDunc » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:55 am

mrsocko wrote:Beginning of the end. Greek freak started 23 games last year. Bruno barely plays garbage minutes and when he plays he looks totally lost. Has there ever been a guy like him stashed away on a team like this who became a great or even good player. Amir was younger than Bruno when Detroit took him but he played some(on a good team).

This is one shot in the dark that aint working out.

In any other draft i might of said that this was a big risk not worth taking, but the talent after the lottery in this draft really seems overrated. Bruno might work out, he might not but one thing for sure is that he's talented but missing alot of polishing. He has some of the craziest measurements ive ever seen and he can hit the 3 already. Im fairly certain that with his work ethic he'll become a good defender and rebounder with time. The big question mark for me is will he be a guy that can put the ball on the floor or is he simply a catch and shoot guy. Even if he does just become a 3+D guy he can be a pretty good one. We've already seen his length be very disruptive, i remember him running out to contest a shot and the guy shot an airball because he was trying to get the ball over Bruno's arms. Im anxious to see his progression over the next few years, his body isnt done developping and his basketball IQ still has ways to go.
team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Post#86 » by team edward » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:58 am

lorax wrote:Amir played 3 games the first season and 8 games second season.
He saw lots of time in the d league.
Third year became a valuable reserve.

Bruno may or may not turn out well.
To soon to say whether the shot hit or missed.

I say let Bruno ride out most of the season with the Fire Ants. Bring him back from time to time to do some skills training or if we need the warm body. Some time in a guard-heavy league where every shot he takes is a shot his teammates trying to get noticed don't get will either lead to him learning to be selective.
PoundTown
Sixth Man
And1: 1,310

Post#87 » by PoundTown » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:10 am

TheDunc wrote:
mrsocko wrote:Beginning of the end. Greek freak started 23 games last year. Bruno barely plays garbage minutes and when he plays he looks totally lost. Has there ever been a guy like him stashed away on a team like this who became a great or even good player. Amir was younger than Bruno when Detroit took him but he played some(on a good team).

This is one shot in the dark that aint working out.

In any other draft i might of said that this was a big risk not worth taking, but the talent after the lottery in this draft really seems overrated. Bruno might work out, he might not but one thing for sure is that he's talented but missing alot of polishing. He has some of the craziest measurements ive ever seen and he can hit the 3 already. Im fairly certain that with his work ethic he'll become a good defender and rebounder with time. The big question mark for me is will he be a guy that can put the ball on the floor or is he simply a catch and shoot guy. Even if he does just become a 3+D guy he can be a pretty good one. We've already seen his length be very disruptive, i remember him running out to contest a shot and the guy shot an airball because he was trying to get the ball over Bruno's arms. Im anxious to see his progression over the next few years, his body isnt done developping and his basketball IQ still has ways to go.

Needs to be able to attack close outs. Think he should be able to do this as 2 dribbles gets him a layup and 1 dribble gets him to the paint for a floater or a hook that with his length, height and decent athletecism should be tough to block. Kind of how it is so easy for Rudy Gay to rise up and shoot the short pull up over anyone.

Return to Toronto Raptors