ImageImageImageImageImage

Rico Hines Private Runs

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

TRik
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,477

Re: Rico Hines Private Runs 

Post#81 » by TRik » Fri Aug 5, 2022 1:30 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:Anymore videos out yet?

Little nuggets of gold.
‘Silly rabbit’
Gold Dragon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,582

Post#82 » by Gold Dragon » Fri Aug 5, 2022 1:31 pm

TRik wrote:
Gold Dragon wrote:
TRik wrote:
Lol. Read again, read again, read again.

Perhaps we just have different levels of interpretation. I appreciate you seem to be looking for something to be stated extremely literally.

Maybe english is not your first language but literal or otherwise, nobody said you can't make negative observations about our players.

In fact mulamutti said:

While I empathize with the sentiment

I assume you know what the word empathize means. The sentiment he was empathizing with was the negative observation.

And lobosloboslobos said:

fans' who can't wait to crap on our guys are laughable at best.

We can't laugh at folks if they aren't allowed to make their "negative observations". Everyone may have an opinion but bad opinions that can't stand up to scrutiny are deserving of rebuttal, criticism and ridicule. Look up the concept of the marketplace of ideas.

‘Maybe English isn’t your first language’

Hahaha. Take that attempted presumptuous cultural insult.

Dude. We see things differently. Let’s move on.

It is an attempt to give you the benefit of the doubt as to why you have such poor reading comprehension.
Dino-Might
Sixth Man
And1: 2,179

Post#83 » by Dino-Might » Fri Aug 5, 2022 1:31 pm

I haven't seen FVV in any of these runs? Do we know if he is there?
Game, blouses.
TRik
Lead Assistant

Post#84 » by TRik » Fri Aug 5, 2022 1:39 pm

Gold Dragon wrote:
TRik wrote:
Gold Dragon wrote:
Maybe english is not your first language but literal or otherwise, nobody said you can't make negative observations about our players.

In fact mulamutti said:

I assume you know what the word empathize means. The sentiment he was empathizing with was the negative observation.

And lobosloboslobos said:

We can't laugh at folks if they aren't allowed to make their "negative observations". Everyone may have an opinion but bad opinions that can't stand up to scrutiny are deserving of rebuttal, criticism and ridicule. Look up the concept of the marketplace of ideas.

It is an attempt to explain why you have such poor reading comprehension.

Yeah… again with the insult just because we have different opinions on fandom discourse. I’m gonna go ahead and snooze ya for a while. Later mate.
‘Silly rabbit’
Young Moosehead
Veteran
And1: 4,025

Post#85 » by Young Moosehead » Fri Aug 5, 2022 2:17 pm

TRik wrote:
Gold Dragon wrote:
TRik wrote:

Yeah… again with the insult just because we have different opinions on fandom discourse. I’m gonna go ahead and snooze ya for a while. Later mate.

So you do get why the insults are unnecessary and unhelpful to the discourse? I thought I read a post from you agreeing that people were being too sensitive. Maybe if it helps, imagine other people want to be treated like you do.
“It’s like being the ugly step child… I’m 6’9 in my heart.” - FVV
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#86 » by TheBoi10 » Fri Aug 5, 2022 2:27 pm

Sandman88 wrote:Sensitivity over pointing out pascal’s bricking bunnies at Rico Hines runs? Colour me shocked

:lol: :lol:

These are the type of fans that gassed OG's head up to think he's a star being held back... meanwhile dude dribbles like a 10 year old
TRik
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by TRik » Fri Aug 5, 2022 2:35 pm

Young Moosehead wrote:
TRik wrote:
Gold Dragon wrote:

So you do get why the insults are unnecessary and unhelpful to the discourse? I thought I read a post from you agreeing that people were being too sensitive. Maybe if it helps, imagine other people want to be treated like you do.

Ohhhh you got me. Lol.

I have zero issue if a poster wants to give a negative opinion about how an NBA player is playing. They get paid millions to have people watch and assess them. It’s clearly a part of the job. Just like I don’t have an issue with praise. And I certainly don’t think that voicing some negative opinions makes a poster any less of a fan, as is often suggested around here.

I wouldn’t support it if it was insulting a player for something outside of playing ball. Unless, you know, they were hitting women or something.

Personally insulting posters for having a different options, however, is different than saying a player essentially was playing like trash.

Let’s not unnecessarily conflate.
‘Silly rabbit’
TRik
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by TRik » Fri Aug 5, 2022 2:36 pm

TheBoi10 wrote:
Sandman88 wrote:Sensitivity over pointing out pascal’s bricking bunnies at Rico Hines runs? Colour me shocked

These are the type of fans that gassed OG's head up to think he's a star being held back... meanwhile dude dribbles like a 10 year old

OhGeeez
‘Silly rabbit’
Scottie Pimpin
Freshman
And1: 76

Post#89 » by Scottie Pimpin » Fri Aug 5, 2022 2:44 pm

Dino-Might wrote:I haven't seen FVV in any of these runs? Do we know if he is there?

He's too busy with focusing his efforts on how the pecking order will look this coming season. Plus an all-star so he probably feels he's too prestigious to partake with the rest of our scrubs.

/sarcasm
Scottie Pimpin
Freshman
And1: 76

Post#90 » by Scottie Pimpin » Fri Aug 5, 2022 2:52 pm

In all honesty some of you are way too sensitive but I suppose we're in 2022 and this is what comes with it. Everyone is offended about something nowadays. Apparently you're not a fan if you make fun of someone on the team as a lighthearted joke is seen as offensive. What an absurd claim. It would be offensive if a poster attacked the player on his appearance, race, etc. but jokingly calling him Trashcal is nothing to be offended about. These players have heard much worst. You need thicker skin if you're seriously going to cry about that as a poster on RealGM. Man if we ever traded for Westbrook some of you would be in complete shambles over the Westbrick moniker.
Sandman88
Head Coach
And1: 6,527

Post#91 » by Sandman88 » Fri Aug 5, 2022 2:57 pm

TheBoi10 wrote:

I love OG but he looks like Bambi on ice trying to dribble
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,862

Post#92 » by dTox » Fri Aug 5, 2022 3:12 pm

Scottie Pimpin wrote:
Dino-Might wrote:I haven't seen FVV in any of these runs? Do we know if he is there?

He's too busy with focusing his efforts on how the pecking order will look this coming season. Plus an all-star so he probably feels he's too prestigious to partake with the rest of our scrubs.

/sarcasm

From his IG last week, he seems to be working out with Norm, Delon, etc. with a separate group in another location.
TBZ for the win
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,705

Post#93 » by Syd-TK3 » Fri Aug 5, 2022 3:56 pm

dTox wrote:
Scottie Pimpin wrote:

/sarcasm

From his IG last week, he seems to be working out with Norm, Delon, etc. with a separate group in another location.

Working out with former raptors who were traded away.
Hmm very interesting
aminiaturebuddha
Head Coach
And1: 6,538

Post#94 » by aminiaturebuddha » Fri Aug 5, 2022 4:36 pm

Scottie Pimpin wrote:In all honesty some of you are way too sensitive but I suppose we're in 2022 and this is what comes with it. Everyone is offended about something nowadays. Apparently you're not a fan if you make fun of someone on the team as a lighthearted joke is seen as offensive. What an absurd claim. It would be offensive if a poster attacked the player on his appearance, race, etc. but jokingly calling him Trashcal is nothing to be offended about. These players have heard much worst. You need thicker skin if you're seriously going to cry about that as a poster on RealGM. Man if we ever traded for Westbrook some of you would be in complete shambles over the Westbrick moniker.

I don't think this really has anything to do with people being "offended". It's just that some feel this place becomes more annoying when some posters immediately jump to negativity and childish name-calling that doesn't actually add anything to the discussion about basketball, or even add to the often entertaining posts that some make.

For instance, in this case, is the name "trashcal" clever in any way? Is it funny? Does it help explain what Pascal has been working on this summer? I'd easily say no to all those things.

So I don't think it's about people being "offended" in any way, because why would anyone be, it's not like they're being personally insulted. But it is about differing views about what make this board enjoyable.

Some people apparently think it's fun to come on here to post little jokes they think are clever or funny to trash random players on the team that they're fans of, others like to come to ReamGM to engage in discussions about basketball, strategies, players strengths, weaknesses and development, and team building.

It's just different things that people look to get out of this board, and obviously sometimes those clash.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,862

Post#95 » by dTox » Fri Aug 5, 2022 4:37 pm

Syd-TK3 wrote:
dTox wrote:
Scottie Pimpin wrote:

/sarcasm

Working out with former raptors who were traded away.
Hmm very interesting

they work out together pretty much ever year, including last year.
TBZ for the win
ReggieSlater
Starter
And1: 873

Post#96 » by ReggieSlater » Fri Aug 5, 2022 4:46 pm

Scottie Pimpin wrote:In all honesty some of you are way too sensitive but I suppose we're in 2022 and this is what comes with it. Everyone is offended about something nowadays. Apparently you're not a fan if you make fun of someone on the team as a lighthearted joke is seen as offensive. What an absurd claim. It would be offensive if a poster attacked the player on his appearance, race, etc. but jokingly calling him Trashcal is nothing to be offended about. These players have heard much worst. You need thicker skin if you're seriously going to cry about that as a poster on RealGM. Man if we ever traded for Westbrook some of you would be in complete shambles over the Westbrick moniker.

People being offended at people being offended, is the new people being offended. I'm waiting for the next iteration for me to be popular.
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,854

Post#97 » by VancouverRaps » Fri Aug 5, 2022 4:55 pm

Pascal looks finished
We the Champs
DAcReator
Junior
And1: 529

Post#98 » by DAcReator » Fri Aug 5, 2022 5:27 pm

ReggieSlater wrote:

People being offended at people being offended, is the new people being offended. I'm waiting for the next iteration for me to be popular.

The worst is someone calling out people for being offended about being offended.

I'm just thinking very 2027
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,608

Post#99 » by Tha Cynic » Fri Aug 5, 2022 5:38 pm

I think we can delete the last two pages in this thread as shown by my mobile app. Just a whole bunch of nothing.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,892

Post#100 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Aug 5, 2022 6:04 pm

Return to Toronto Raptors