ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Raptors @ Warriors - Fri Jan 27 - 10pm TSN

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, HiJiNX, niQ, Reeko, lebron stopper

tripa
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,352

Re: GT: Raptors @ Warriors - Fri Jan 27 - 10pm TSN 

Post#81 » by tripa » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:03 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
tripa wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
He isn't leading the team in shot attempts. He's second on the team in USG% (significantly below Pascal), but only 0.3% above GTJ and a whole bunch of guys like Scottie, OG and Precious clustered a few % below them. And that usage has been decreasing every month with Siakam healthy and other guys shooting better now.

?????????????????

Did you miss the last page? Or are you trying to rewrite the definition of a “shot” just to troll? Either way please stop quoting me, thanks.

?????????????????

...even if we just looked at FGA's, he isn't leading the team. Did you miss the last page? But beyond that, FGA's do not register shots that miss when a player is fouled. Other dudes get fouled more than Fred and have their FGA's hidden in that way. For example, Pascal shoots a foul shot for ~43% of his field goal attempts. Fred's at ~27%. Using a combined stat like usg% is generally a better way to figure out who is actually ending up with the most offensive possessions for a team. It also includes turnovers etc. that FGA's also don't account for.

You’re right. Stop quoting me.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 32,615

Post#82 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:04 pm

tripa wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
tripa wrote:
?????????????????

Did you miss the last page? Or are you trying to rewrite the definition of a “shot” just to troll? Either way please stop quoting me, thanks.

?????????????????

...even if we just looked at FGA's, he isn't leading the team. Did you miss the last page? But beyond that, FGA's do not register shots that miss when a player is fouled. Other dudes get fouled more than Fred and have their FGA's hidden in that way. For example, Pascal shoots a foul shot for ~43% of his field goal attempts. Fred's at ~27%. Using a combined stat like usg% is generally a better way to figure out who is actually ending up with the most offensive possessions for a team. It also includes turnovers etc. that FGA's also don't account for.

You first.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
tripa
Lead Assistant

Post#83 » by tripa » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:07 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
tripa wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
?????????????????

You first.

Now if I attack you personally I get banned. And if I report your post Duffman or Reeko will close it without warning you (mod bias). Guess I have no choice but to ask you nicely again.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#84 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:08 pm

tripa wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
tripa wrote:

You first.

Now if I attack you personally I get banned. And if I report your post Duffman or Reeko will close it without warning you (mod bias). Guess I have no choice but to ask you nicely again.

You missed a choice actually. You could stop quoting me.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
tripa
Lead Assistant

Post#85 » by tripa » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:11 pm

Textbook baiting. And nothing will be done about it because Duffman holds a personal vendetta against me. Lovely.

Here comes the blue text.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#86 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:13 pm

Like when you replied to me, called me a troll, and told me to stop replying to you? Yeah that wasn't very cool.

Anywho, these are pretty interesting usage numbers too:

pingpongrac wrote:FVV's FGA average would also drop by 1 if you remove the games Siakam missed while he has attempted 14 or less shots in 18 of the remaining 33 games. What's even more telling is FVV has BY FAR the lowest USG% and FGA when our starters share the floor (300+ minutes).

FVV: 14.2 USG% and 10.9 FGA per36
OG: 17.6 USG% and 12.6 FGA per36
GTJ: 20.2 USG% and 15.2 FGA per36
Scottie: 21.5 USG% and 13.6 FGA per36
Siakam: 26.0 USG% and 16.2 FGA per36

FVV's USG% and FGA are heavily skewed by the time he doesn't share with Siakam. His USG% (28.6%) and FGA per36 (18.5) are significantly higher than when Siakam is on the floor whereas his USG% (19.5%) and FGA per36 (13.6) is 4th or 5th among starters in those minutes and more of a 4th option's numbers. It's also important to point out that, with Siakam off the floor, FVV has been efficient and highly effective (23.9 PTS per36 on 57 TS% + 2.9 AST/TO ratio) whereas Scottie has struggled to score efficiently (16.1 PTS per36 on 49 TS% + 2.6 AST/TO ratio) while both OG and GTJ have scored efficiently but been more turnover prone (20.1 PTS per36 on 60 TS% and 18.5 PTS per36 on 59 TS% respectively + 0.9 AST/TO ratio for both).
ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst
And1: 4,132

Post#87 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:16 pm

So much toxicity lol
114-110... "Curry lets it fly...CANADA THE NBA TITLE IS YOURS."
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 65,081

Post#88 » by Duffman100 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:24 pm

tripa wrote:Textbook baiting. And nothing will be done about it because Duffman holds a personal vendetta against me. Lovely.

You're both acting terribly, just please stop it.

And I don't have a vendetta against you, you just keep breaking the rules. You baited as much as he baited. Both in multiple threads.

There are no victims here.
Robinator
Senior
And1: 762

Post#89 » by Robinator » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:55 pm

Some master baiters on this board
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 26,083

Post#90 » by C_Money » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:19 pm

ImaBeatDatAzz wrote:So much toxicity lol

Seems to happen in every thread where 2 people go at it over some random sh*t.
will
RealGM
And1: 50,453
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#91 » by will » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:47 pm

tripa wrote:Textbook baiting. And nothing will be done about it because Duffman holds a personal vendetta against me. Lovely.

It's straight out of a high school textbook.
will
RealGM
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#92 » by will » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:48 pm

Kevon Looney going for a career high 50 rebs tonight.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,510

Post#93 » by Mikistan » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:50 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
tripa wrote:
Honestly this season has been fun.

When we win, most of the time its because Scottie has played really well. Hes the most important piece going forward.

When we lose, we improve our chances at a top 5 pick in a stacked draft.

Not sure why everyone is so salty all the time. Your expectations should have been low at the beginning of the season anyways.

Maybe it's because people don't like being told how to be a fan.

Last time I checked, not cheering for the other team was pretty much table stakes for being a fan.

If you want to gatekeep fandom, g'head
TravisScott55
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,141

Post#94 » by TravisScott55 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:52 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
TravisScott55 wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
Since cheering doesn’t actually change the outcome, you don’t actually need to do anything. You could even just wait until the draft lottery to be upset or not.

Yet as fans we do it anyway, what is your point?

As a fan of the Toronto Raptors, you feel sick because you for some reason feel forced to cheer for a team that you aren't a fan of?

FFS, just watch the game and cheer for the team you profess to be a fan of. Then celebrate the outcome (or don't) afterwards.

Why are you crying? I made a comment that doesn't affect you in any way and it's how I feel. I just want the Raptors to tank and in the same vein I hate the Warriors

Jeez some babies here
will
RealGM

Post#95 » by will » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:52 pm

Mo shats fired!
TravisScott55
Lead Assistant

Post#96 » by TravisScott55 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:53 pm

Los_29 wrote:
TravisScott55 wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
Sports is entertainment. You are making yourself upset for no reason. Just don't watch.

Lmao who is upset? I am making a remark as a fan

Fan of who? The Warriors or the Raptors? LOL.

It means I want us to tank why is that so hard for some of you to grasp?
TravisScott55
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by TravisScott55 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:53 pm

Mikistan wrote:
tripa wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
As a fan of the Toronto Raptors, you feel sick because you for some reason feel forced to cheer for a team that you aren't a fan of?

FFS, just watch the game and cheer for the team you profess to be a fan of. Then celebrate the outcome (or don't) afterwards.

Honestly this season has been fun.

When we win, most of the time its because Scottie has played really well. Hes the most important piece going forward.

When we lose, we improve our chances at a top 5 pick in a stacked draft.

Not sure why everyone is so salty all the time. Your expectations should have been low at the beginning of the season anyways.

Maybe it's because people don't like being told how to be a fan.

Thank you. I'm not sure why 3 different posters including a Mod were so offended by my comment?
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#98 » by Duffman100 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:59 pm

Mikistan wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
Mikistan wrote:Maybe it's because people don't like being told how to be a fan.

Last time I checked, not cheering for the other team was pretty much table stakes for being a fan.

If you want to gatekeep fandom, g'head

I'm not gatekeeping. It's the literal definition of being a fan of a sports club.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,510

Post#99 » by Mikistan » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:00 pm

TravisScott55 wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
TravisScott55 wrote:
Lmao who is upset? I am making a remark as a fan

Fan of who? The Warriors or the Raptors? LOL.

It means I want us to tank why is that so hard for some of you to grasp?

Just turn it back around

Are you really a fan of you want the raptors to lose in the first round?
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#100 » by Duffman100 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:00 pm

TravisScott55 wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
TravisScott55 wrote:
Yet as fans we do it anyway, what is your point?

Why are you crying? I made a comment that doesn't affect you in any way and it's how I feel. I just want the Raptors to tank and in the same vein I hate the Warriors

Jeez some babies here

Am I crying? You posted something and people are responding to it.

Return to Toronto Raptors