ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Wiretap: Firesale in Milwaukee?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,730

Post#81 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:38 pm

I would do whatever I could to get Redd here, if it meant we could keep Bosh and Ford. If not the other intriguing player is Mason.
Kobe Bryant: “You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
WD-40
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#82 » by WD-40 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:47 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:-
I care, but i don't mind it, its a damn discussion board. Its not like i get offended.

Back on topic you two. It's starting to feel like therapy. Good thing I'm on me meds. lol

Redd - Michael Redd $14,520,000 $15,780,000 $17,040,000 $18,300,000

a big no thanks to that.

Bobby Simmons $9,280,000 $9,920,000 $10,560,000

what a brutal signing he's been

Dan Gadzuric $5,751,130 $6,250,195 $6,749,260 $7,248,325

everytime I hear his name it's about dumping his contract so no thanks.

I'll take Yi, Bogut, or CV on the cheap.

Maybe we can get in on a three way trade.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/bucks.jsp
WD-40
Banned User

Post#83 » by WD-40 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:55 pm

JD225 wrote:
Doesn't matter what he is. Bryan will not bring any negativity to the franchise. He traded Hoffa for a reason. There is no way he trades some of the assets on a team for a big man that is largely considered a bust by the media and fans.

:rofl: so much about this post made me laugh. "He traded Hoffa for a reason". Yeah, he sucked.
Tha Cynic
RealGM

Post#84 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:58 pm

WD-40 wrote:
TheRaptor! wrote:-
I care, but i don't mind it, its a damn discussion board. Its not like i get offended.

Back on topic you two. It's starting to feel like therapy. Good thing I'm on me meds. lol

Redd - Michael Redd $14,520,000 $15,780,000 $17,040,000 $18,300,000

a big no thanks to that.

[/url]

If we could have a team that had the contracts of the two Williamses Olajuwon, Carter and Davis, I'm pretty sure we can fit in Redd. That's the great thing about having a smart GM. I'm all for having 3 prime time players and giving away some of the debt. Redd should be a BC type of guy too. A shooter, but much more than that. This guy can actually get to the rim. He's not a one dimensional player.
Kobe Bryant: “You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
WD-40
Banned User

Post#85 » by WD-40 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:00 pm

Why don't we trade for CV and Redd and then we can be one of the best defensive starting teams.

Bargs
Bosh
CV
Redd
Jose The question is: Can they score more than the 120 they let in?
WD-40
Banned User

Post#86 » by WD-40 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:06 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:If we could have a team that had the contracts of the two Williamses Olajuwon, Carter and Davis, I'm pretty sure we can fit in Redd. That's the great thing about having a smart GM. I'm all for having 3 prime time players and giving away some of the debt. Redd should be a BC type of guy too. A shooter, but much more than that. This guy can actually get to the rim. He's not a one dimensional player.

If BC could get Redd on the cheap I wouldn't complain. I consider bball two dimensions: offensive and deffensive. According to this definition, Redd is indeed very much one dimensional. He's great offensively. Although he appears a good player on a bad team to me. And is hurt every now and then. We need a SG that is good on both ends of the court. imo
Tha Cynic
RealGM

Post#87 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:10 pm

WD-40 wrote:If BC could get Redd on the cheap I wouldn't complain. I consider bball two dimensions: offensive and deffensive. According to this definition, Redd is indeed very much one dimensional. He's great offensively. Although he appears a good player on a bad team to me. And is hurt every now and then. We need a SG that is good on both ends of the court. imo

If you look at our starting 2 guard right now, Redd isn't going to be a bad choice. Parker has been brutal this year on defense. At least Redd can still keep up in front of people. Parker's lost a step, and it's only going to get worse, now that he's in his 30's. I don't think Redd will be a big defensive liability.
hstang
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#88 » by hstang » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:21 pm

Bustnani for Yi? Yi can rebound right?
hstang
Sophomore

Post#89 » by hstang » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:26 pm

deknow wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Not disrespect Bigtime108 but I'm pretty sure 90% of the people here would take Bargs of CV any day of the week. AT least Drea plays some defense, but what does that matter we just wanna score!!!

AT least CV grabs you more than 1 rebound in 30 minutes of play
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,998

Post#90 » by Cassius » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:20 pm

If Simmons' deal wasn't so long, I'd accept him with open arms.

Personally, I'd love to send them some cheap vets to get someone else in a 3-way deal.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
inrapscity
General Manager
And1: 62

Post#91 » by inrapscity » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:41 pm

WD-40 wrote:Why don't we trade for CV and Redd and then we can be one of the best defensive starting teams.

Bargs
Bosh
CV
Redd

man, do you even know what you're writing here? Get both Redd and CV? You'd probably have to trade Bosh for that. No way they'd take TJ back especially if they're going to pay MoWill $9M per.
WD-40
Banned User

Post#92 » by WD-40 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:58 pm

inrapscity wrote:-
man, do you even know what you're writing here? Get both Redd and CV? You'd probably have to trade Bosh for that. No way they'd take TJ back especially if they're going to pay MoWill $9M per.

Why don't we trade for CV and Redd and then we can be one of the best defensive starting teams.

Bargs
Bosh
CV
Redd

better?
timbitz
Senior

Post#93 » by timbitz » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:08 pm

Shaazzam wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No way.

I am becoming more and more impressed at Humps ability to play some semblance of defence, unlike Charlie No-D.

I agree. Humps brings energy and hussel off the bench. I was at the game yesterday, and aside from Bosh, I did not see any Raptor trying to rebound. All I saw was 2-3 blue shirts around the basket.
Interview Answers:

Bosh: "You know...(insert answer)..."
Sam: "Like I tell my guys all the time...(insert problem)..."
baroidi
Sixth Man

Post#94 » by baroidi » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:44 pm

Yi and Bogut are the two untouchables according to the report.
curryfries
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#95 » by curryfries » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:46 pm

hstang wrote:Bustnani for Yi? Yi can rebound right?

amazing the love yi gets on here but our own fans call bargs a bust. Bargs averaged better numbers comin off the bench last year than Yi is starting but yet Yi is gonna be a hall of famer when he finishes playing at age 50 (since he is already 28
magani
Bench Warmer
And1: 70

Post#96 » by magani » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:11 pm

WD-40 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Bargs
Bosh
CV
Redd

better?

Having to use green font has really dumbed down the common sense of this board. Your statement didn't need any green font the first time. If you believed the poster wasn't being sarcastic then you've got bigger problems where it comes to b-ball knowledge. Funny though.
bigtime105
Banned User

Post#97 » by bigtime105 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:12 pm

timbitz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree. Humps brings energy and hussel off the bench. I was at the game yesterday, and aside from Bosh, I did not see any Raptor trying to rebound. All I saw was 2-3 blue shirts around the basket.

yeah Humphries was the 2nd best rebounder that game behind bosh even though he only played 12 minutes... and guess what, the pistons outrebounded the Raptors badly and Raptors were 1 and done all night thanks to Il Mago the magic 7foot center that cant grab a reboundand, now thats magic!! and why would you want to bring energy and hustle off the bench when you dont have in the starting lineup? START HUMPHRIES!!
magani
Bench Warmer
And1: 70

Post#98 » by magani » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:19 pm

timbitz wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think too many of you are being shortsighted by looking at the total rebounds each team has on the state sheet at the end of the night. Of course the Pistons would have more rebounds because we missed more shots (hence more rebounds for them). In another thread (maybe the PostGame one) somebody charted that we had the same percentage of available rebounds retrieved on the defensive end as the Pistons did. that's a mpre important statistic than total rebounds. We are so conscious as a team to not give up any transition fast break points (which we do pretty well) that we just don't crash the O Boards very much. That has a lot to do with coachong as well. I do wish we wouldn't bail as quickly when we missed a shot, but we tend to give up easy baskets going the other way when we don't get back. You have to pick your poison and the percentages at times. It's not a black and white issue.
galeon110
Analyst
And1: 631

Post#99 » by galeon110 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:42 pm

I'd trade Bargs for Yi if he was available, no joke.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#100 » by YogiStewart » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:44 pm

JD225 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Bargnani has the P word attached to his name. He also has the faith of a GM who basically turned a franchise around in one off season. Andrea isn't really a bust at this point.

Pandrea Bargnani?

Return to Toronto Raptors