ImageImageImageImageImage

J Givony scouts Ettore Messina for us

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Legend Killer
Junior
And1: 0

Re: J Givony scouts Ettore Messina for us 

Post#81 » by Legend Killer » Thu Dec 4, 2008 4:46 am

seanied wrote:
Legend Killer wrote:OKay D'Antonie is different, he speaks perfect english & this guy doesn't-he has a big ass accent.

Probably because Mike D'Antoni is American.

On another note, is stupidity considered cool in school these days?

He's Italian u dumb[{edit}!

This was way too funny to edit out entirely. -Schad.
halfcourt
Banned User

Post#82 » by halfcourt » Thu Dec 4, 2008 4:49 am

Legend Killer wrote:
seanied wrote:
Legend Killer wrote:OKay D'Antonie is different, he speaks perfect english & this guy doesn't-he has a big ass accent.

Probably because Mike D'Antoni is American.

On another note, is stupidity considered cool in school these days?

He's Italian u dumbass!

Mike D'Antoni (born May 8, 1951 in Mullens, West Virginia)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_D'Antoni
now STFU
Legend Killer
Junior

Post#83 » by Legend Killer » Thu Dec 4, 2008 4:52 am

okay my bad...he lived in Italy....Anyhow I still think Messina wouldn't fit in the NBA
Hummus
Senior
And1: 1

Post#84 » by Hummus » Thu Dec 4, 2008 5:00 am

Legend Killer wrote:okay my bad...he lived in Italy....Anyhow I still think Messina wouldn't fit in the NBA

why? because he speaks fluent english and has coached many american players before? because he's a super tactician and one of the most respected coaches in the world? Because he has more offensive sets and defensive know-how in one brain cell than Mitchell produced in his whole tenure here? or just because he's an intense coach who demands perfection - and you are scared that players will tune him out and ignore his coaching?

If Messina doesn't come to this team, it's not because the Raptors don't want him - it's because he doesn't want to come to the Raptors.
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#85 » by Ted Lasso » Thu Dec 4, 2008 5:03 am

Everything we hear about Messina is positive. I know there are concerns about how his style would mesh with NBA players but our roster is perfect for him in that sense.

Are the rumors about MLSE not wanting to pay a coach big bucks next year true? And how much would Messina cost us?

Messina, JVG, Eddie Jordan; I'm good with these guys. Little iffy on Flip now that i've thought about it.
waltthewiz
Junior
And1: 21

Post#86 » by waltthewiz » Thu Dec 4, 2008 5:31 am

Wham! wrote:Looking at our players specifically, I don't see much of a conflict happening with Messina. Bosh and Jose and Bargnani (if you want to include him) as the core would react to him very well, I think. I think Bosh would be very happy to just get someone who knows strategy and playcalling...sometimes in the huddle with Mitchell it looked like he was barely tolerating the mediocrity.

Out of all the guys we have, maybe JO is the one with the greatest amount of ego and tenure who might not mesh with someone like Messina, but then against maybe he wouldn't, and he's not in the long term plans anyway.

I think it's the perfect situation to bring him in..he's the best available coach, one of the best in the world period, and our team makeup would seem to fit him as well as any NBA roster could, in terms of breaking into the league and establishing player respect and a reputation.

+1 to this post.

This guy has all the credentials and the other candidates we've thrown around are just as much of a risk as him. And could you guys imagine how much an Italian coach would excel Bargs' game?
reck0n3r
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#87 » by reck0n3r » Thu Dec 4, 2008 6:08 am

Sign me up.

Although, if the teams' very first play run with him at the helm is getting kapono to plant a screen for a hump jumpshot, I'll be the first to shoot him.

That being said, by the sounds of it, he'd rather put a gun to his own head instead of run something like that, so..sounds good to me.
Maltafan
Sophomore
And1: 2

Post#88 » by Maltafan » Thu Dec 4, 2008 6:35 am

As Sam Mitchell was getting fired in Toronto, Ettore Messina was coaching his CSKA Moscow team against Armani Jeans Milano...

Moscow were dominating, 21 - 5 at the end of the first quarter, 43 - 26 at half time..

Then Pape Sow's AJ MIlano woke up... had a great 3rd quarter, and went on to win 80 -79..

This never happens to Messina, usually it is the other way round, he recovers... He looked so pissed off he could have left the team... Coincidence?? Who knows??
ForeveRaptorFan
Sixth Man
And1: 11

Post#89 » by ForeveRaptorFan » Thu Dec 4, 2008 6:40 am

Well I've been sold...
Following Bargnani's Progress since entering the League: Bargnani, Ill Mago, Barney, Bustnani, Bust and a Nani, Beastnani, Beardnani, Killer B...
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#90 » by sule » Thu Dec 4, 2008 6:46 am

anyone else think Kevin O'Neill would be the perfect coach for this team?
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,755

Post#91 » by Harry Palmer » Thu Dec 4, 2008 6:49 am

sule wrote:anyone else think Kevin O'Neill would be the perfect coach for this team?

(*%(*%((&*%(&$*@&^$!

You're *^%#(*%*%*#*ing Gid-*%#&@**($ &%#)($ed (&$(%)&($er ($(&^$(^%))*%%#^#@!$#$@&@inbg right, I &%#*%(*&^$&^*$&^*#$ing do!

(not really)

(&$&@(^%#er)
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
itbobby007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,829

Post#92 » by itbobby007 » Thu Dec 4, 2008 7:03 am

So you agree Harry, lol.
WD-40
Banned User

Post#93 » by WD-40 » Thu Dec 4, 2008 7:11 am

King Scum wrote:
Legend Killer wrote:okay my bad...he lived in Italy....Anyhow I still think Messina wouldn't fit in the NBA

why? because he speaks fluent english and has coached many american players before? because he's a super tactician and one of the most respected coaches in the world? Because he has more offensive sets and defensive know-how in one brain cell than Mitchell produced in his whole tenure here? or just because he's an intense coach who demands perfection - and you are scared that players will tune him out and ignore his coaching?

If Messina doesn't come to this team, it's not because the Raptors don't want him - it's because he doesn't want to come to the Raptors.

Or money. Money is always a factor. If Messina wins, the players will buy in.
bargs
Starter
And1: 11

Post#94 » by bargs » Thu Dec 4, 2008 8:35 am

obviously i cannot talk too much about messina, cause i'm italian, so i'm all for him ...

but he's got the results/victories enough to make some noise in the nba..good luck ettore (hopefully starting from next year)
appel
Banned User

Post#95 » by appel » Thu Dec 4, 2008 8:52 am

bargs wrote:obviously i cannot talk too much about messina, cause i'm italian, so i'm all for him ...

but he's got the results/victories enough to make some noise in the nba..good luck ettore (hopefully starting from next year)

Wrong
Because we (italian) know Ettore, they don't

P.s. I wanna see Bosh under Messina
Isolations? :lol: In no way!! :evil:
He can't take a grea tnumber of shats like now
But he will take better shots than now (better percentage=same points)
But he need some lessons about D
RomaniaLuvTR
Head Coach
And1: 1,029

Post#96 » by RomaniaLuvTR » Thu Dec 4, 2008 10:26 am

halfcourt wrote:Messina would be the best thing that would happen to this team since the drafting of Chris Bosh

i know but it would be too god to be true..i don`t wont to dream that far...
Marvin!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 806

Post#97 » by Marvin! » Thu Dec 4, 2008 3:09 pm

sule wrote:anyone else think Kevin O'Neill would be the perfect coach for this team?

if they do, they should stop following basketball and start following something else - perhaps bowling.
SuigintouEV
General Manager
And1: 1,555

Post#98 » by SuigintouEV » Thu Dec 4, 2008 3:18 pm

messina sounds like jerry sloan, a guy who's lucky to have total backing by his ownership.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#99 » by 5DOM » Thu Dec 4, 2008 3:23 pm

SuigintouEV wrote:messina sounds like jerry sloan, a guy who's lucky to have total backing by his ownership.

maybe because the owners are lucky to have him.
he has the best resume in the league.
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#100 » by zong » Thu Dec 4, 2008 3:24 pm

I like what I see. Give him a interview!

Return to Toronto Raptors