ImageImageImageImageImage

Pacers Pick Tracking (Update: #19 officially)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

WeThe2019Champs
Veteran
And1: 2,645

Re: Pacers Pick Tracking 

Post#801 » by WeThe2019Champs » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:47 am

Hope refs let Lakers win tonight.
No More Tanking!
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,954

Post#802 » by deeps6x » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:58 am

WeThe2019Champs wrote:Hope refs let Lakers win tonight.

LOL, 'let' the Lakers win. When do they ever 'not' gift them extra advantages up the wazoo?
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 43,244

Post#803 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:00 am

Yeah, let's just worry about the Pacers pick at this point.

Raps are locked into 6-7.

No hope for 5.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#804 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:17 am

What is JJJ doing???

Pass the damn ball hog you hog. You're 7/24 FFS.
SpezNc
Rookie
And1: 630

Post#805 » by SpezNc » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:29 am

It’s tight

Small two pts lead by Memphis. 51 seconds to go.

Crossing fingers.

Update : well now it’s tie

Update 2 : small two pts lead. 33 seconds to go

Update 3 : back tied

OT

I am rooting for Memphis but at least a Sacramento win is still useful to secure a pick in the teens.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 39,038

Post#806 » by Tor_Raps » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:31 am

Damnnn... Memphis came back eh. With Bane, they are gonna go blow by us.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#807 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:34 am

Not watching OT.
Hope to wake up to a Grizz win.
WeThe2019Champs
Veteran
And1: 2,645

Post#808 » by WeThe2019Champs » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:39 am

It's over, mem will lose :evil: :banghead: :banghead:
No More Tanking!
SpezNc
Rookie

Post#809 » by SpezNc » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:40 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
SpezNc wrote:
Knicks

Knicks are already ahead of the Pacers... we need the Warriors to pass the Pacers too lol.

The more the Pacers move up in the lottery, the greater the chance of complete disaster. 6th in the east, or where they are right now in the end is just fine.

Yeah! Losing the pick because they won the lottery and we give up pick 7 to SA would be a disaster of epic proportion from a PR standpoint.

Obviously I want the pick as high as possible I prefer securing a pick in the teams rather than hope for a the lottery pick or the home run (pick #4)

Technically there is a small outside change that we can pick #1 and #4. But it so slim and too risky.

I am 100% ok with pick #15 to #19.
SpezNc
Rookie

Post#810 » by SpezNc » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:44 am

WeThe2019Champs wrote:It's over, mem will lose :evil: :banghead: :banghead:

Lol 4 basket back to back to back to back from Malik Monk

Sacramento in the driving seat

At least this help securing a pick in the teens.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,242

Post#811 » by tecumseh18 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:56 am

I think we can agree that the Raptors will not win another game for the rest of the season. I don't expect RJ to return. Meanwhile, Memphis, now with JJJ and Bane, play the Pistons twice and the Spurs twice (along with a bunch of ridiculously good WC teams).

So it's basically over. Raptors will secure 6th spot in advance of the lottery. Done deal. All we have to do is cheer on the Lakers, Heat, Suns, Kings, Mavs and Sixers, while projecting negative energy onto the Pacers. Ideally, the Heat (or Sixers with Embiid back) will host the play-in against the Pacers, they lose, then lose again to the suddenly hot Hawks with Trae back in the lineup. Or to the Bulls, when Diar's screaming actively prevents Pascal from making his FTs. Again. :noway:
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 6,028

Post#812 » by Coco Costanza » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:03 am

tecumseh18 wrote:I think we can agree that the Raptors will not win another game for the rest of the season. I don't expect RJ to return. Meanwhile, Memphis, now with JJJ and Bane, play the Pistons twice and the Spurs twice (along with a bunch of ridiculously good WC teams).

So it's basically over. Raptors will secure 6th spot in advance of the lottery. Done deal.

Memphis just seem too bad to not out tank us.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
SpezNc
Rookie

Post#813 » by SpezNc » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:12 am

Current situation with 13 to 15 games left to plays.

Without considering lottery or any play-in / playoffs movement

Pacers pick = #16

Within 4 GB :

Range from #12 Chicago (-4) to #23 N-O (+4)

Within 3 GB :

Range from #13 Golden State (-2) to #21 Orlando (+2.5)

Within 2 GB

Range from #13 Golden State (-2) to #20 Sacramento (+2)

Within 1 GB

Range from #14 Lakers (-1) to #17 Philly (+ 0.5)

Within 0.5 GB

Range from #15 Miami (- 0.5) to #17 Philly (+ 0.5)

I consider within 2 GB the most important range. This range is not as volatile but in the same time a team can catch 2 games in a week if trending in opposite direction

Within 4 games is a reach. It’s mathematically very possible in the same time it’s unusual to see such movements
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,983

Post#814 » by OAKLEY_2 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:40 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:Yeah, let's just worry about the Pacers pick at this point.

No hope for 5.

If Grizz or Raps go to the lotto balls at 6 then 4 or 5 is possible. Interesting thing about the 15 game playoff against the Grizzlies.if they win number 6 sweeps we get our pick next year. Could be late lotto though. If we win this suck fest Grizz still get the 7th. So they have far less to "lose" than we do. Raps can play 10 days, 2 ways and recently signed end of benchers.
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 44,495

Post#815 » by WuTang_OG » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:30 am

Thank u clevland. Back to 16
billy_hoyle
Starter
And1: 1,212

Post#816 » by billy_hoyle » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:05 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:

No hope for 5.

If Grizz or Raps go to the lotto balls at 6 then 4 or 5 is possible. Interesting thing about the 15 game playoff against the Grizzlies.if they win number 6 sweeps we get our pick next year. Could be late lotto though. If we win this suck fest Grizz still get the 7th. So they have far less to "lose" than we do. Raps can play 10 days, 2 ways and recently signed end of benchers.

A few things
1. Original poster was taking about catching 5th for worst record, which is basically impossible, we won't catch the Blazers.

2. The 6th worse record can't win the 5th pick in the lottery. Only the bottom 4 picks are raffled. So it's jump up into the top 4, stay where you are (at 6), or slide down if someone below jumps up.

3. I agree with you. I think the Grizz actually owning their pick with no conditions matters here. I don't think they are incentivized enough to out tank us. What do they really care about 1 spot? They just got a couple high end starters back into their lineup. They probably want to win a few just to build some good vibes for next season where they will be trying for home court with Morant healthy
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,049

Post#817 » by anotherhomer » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:16 pm

billy_hoyle wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

No hope for 5.

A few things
1. Original poster was taking about catching 5th for worst record, which is basically impossible, we won't catch the Blazers.

2. The 6th worse record can't win the 5th pick in the lottery. Only the bottom 4 picks are raffled. So it's jump up into the top 4, stay where you are (at 6), or slide down if someone below jumps up.

3. I agree with you. I think the Grizz actually owning their pick with no conditions matters here. I don't think they are incentivized enough to out tank us. What do they really care about 1 spot? They just got a couple high end starters back into their lineup. They probably want to win a few just to build some good vibes for next season where they will be trying for home court with Morant healthy

5th is a long shot
And1Skip
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,775

Post#818 » by And1Skip » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:34 pm

anotherhomer wrote:
billy_hoyle wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

A few things

5th is a long shot

5th pick is a long shot because (1) Portland is 4 games back and its absolutely impossible for 2 tanking teams (or aka very bad teams) to go a such a run to make up 4 games with 14 games remaining. and (2) The team with the 5th worst record has only a 2.2% chance to stay at the #5 pick after the lottery (that position has a 55.6% chance to move back).

The team with the highest chance to get the 5th pick is actually the worst team in the league (48% chance), and that happened last year with Detroit.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,757

Post#819 » by Psubs » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:43 pm

Coco Costanza wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:I think we can agree that the Raptors will not win another game for the rest of the season. I don't expect RJ to return. Meanwhile, Memphis, now with JJJ and Bane, play the Pistons twice and the Spurs twice (along with a bunch of ridiculously good WC teams).

So it's basically over. Raptors will secure 6th spot in advance of the lottery. Done deal.

Memphis just seem too bad to not out tank us.

They have a coach that elevates their players. GG Jackson may emerge!
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,562

Post#820 » by YogurtProducer » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:44 pm

And1Skip wrote:
anotherhomer wrote:
billy_hoyle wrote:
A few things

5th is a long shot

5th pick is a long shot because (1) Portland is 4 games back and its absolutely impossible for 2 tanking teams (or aka very bad teams) to go a such a run to make up 4 games with 14 games remaining. and (2) The team with the 5th worst record has only a 2.2% chance to stay at the #5 pick after the lottery (that position has a 55.6% chance to move back).

The team with the highest chance to get the 5th pick is actually the worst team in the league (48% chance), and that happened last year with Detroit.

I dont think anyone necessarily wants pick 5, but the 5th best odds significantly increases our ability to keep the pick.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023

Return to Toronto Raptors