- im not happy, the way i played and the way i preformed
- it was a good experience for me to find out about the organization, i was having difficulties throughout the year
- I know i disappoint a lot of fans. The ones that watched me over the years
- i didnt come here not to preform or not to play
- im sorry if i broke someones heart, i know the expectation is high after signing the contract i did. It happens, i have to move on and really improve myself over the summer
- put this beside me hopefully and think for the future
- i have to work on the way i want to be used, throughout the summer we can communicate and just try to explain myself and just try to do the things i can do best
- i dont wanna show excuses but i was playing the point forward in Orlando , they wanted to use me in a different role and we can work on that through the summer
- i felt good throughout the season, playing the whole summer made me miss training camp.
- stuff happens, i wanst able to do those kind of stuff, thats why they rested me
Q: doubtful they will trade you with your contract.
- those things i cant control
- if i get traded, i do
- i have to work things out and try to communicate and do things the right way
Q: Did you hear anything that i wanted to leave (From Hedo)
- i signed a big deal here, i didnt come here to be in this situation, i wanted to preform, it didnt work out, it was a good experience, i have a long summer ahead of me
- if i stay here, hopefully have a great year
- you know i learned a lot from this organization and this city
- i just have to keep myself calm all the time
- people expect a lot from me which is normal
- they want more from me and thats normal
Q: Did you take too much of the blame?
- its normal man
- i came here with a big contract, people expect things
- if you dont do it you have to take the blame
- on my side i take the blame, it wasnt just me though
- trying to focus on my world championship in the summer now
Q: What happened to this team after all-star break
- we were without our best player, not to make any excuses
- if you take any teams best player away you go through rough stretches
- like the lakers, without bynum in the middle they have struggled
- thats what chris was, after having him for 45-50 straight games, you struggle to find your identity.
- the bulk of our offense runs through him
- we throw the ball into the post and know what were getting
- andrea was unbelievable for us
- amir stepped up for us big time when chris went down
Q: Chemistry on this team
- i think its as good as it gets when you have 10 new faces, people take for granted that we had a whole new coaching staff.
- were great with people on the court and off the court, everyone is friends
Q: Did you think on the court, the combination of 2 good PGs, Hedo and Chris and Andrea needing the ball?
- you go through that on every team
- every team has guys that need the ball
- its up to me and jose to get them the ball
- the coaching staff was wonderful
- it comes down to us as player, theres a minute left on the clock were up by 2 theres only so many x's and o's but its on us to pull it out
Q: Whats wrong with the defense?
- mental lapses, being able to dig in and get stops is the thing we really really need to focus on
- again that falls on the players shoulders
Q: Enough internal leadership on this team?
- yes teams have different guys on how they operate
- Kobe is a grab your neck kind of guy but in Dallas they dont have that and they are just as good
- i thought we were competitive regardless if we made the playoffs or not
- it comes down to effort, if you can look yourself in the mirror and say we played hard, i can deal with that every night
- we have a lot of talented guys on the team
- i think a lot of the times guys using their individual ability helped us win games
- if your going to make a mistake, make an aggressive one
Q: Bosh being out had an impact how do you see the future?
- thats up to management
- i cant speculate what hes going to do
- thats stuff they will talk about later on
- im more than happy with the guys i played with this year
Q: Chris came back and his head in a different place?
- no. Hes one of the most focused people ive been around
- for anybody to suggest his head would have been somewhere else, for the Toronto Raptors is ridiculous
- hes human, hes going to have times where hes going to struggle, hes human.
- anybody who would put that out there your doing Chris an injustice
- In Orlando they had 2 primary ball handlers (Nelson and him)
- we have a bunch of guys capable of handling the ball
- here he plays off the ball as a stand still shooter
Q: Youve been around Chris, what gives you reason to believe he will want to come back?
- hes very very loyal
- hes in love with this city
- he would just call me and tell me how great the city was
- he had a love for this city
- hes from city but this is a home away from home for him
- he spends a ton of his off-time here
- he dedicates himself to this city
- he loves playing here man
- he loves being the face of the franchise and the place where he can call it "his team"
Q: Do you ask him to come back?
- No. Im sure well have that conversation
- whatever decision he makes im going to be behind him.
- i hope he does whats in his heart.
- we were doing better defensively
- thats why we were close to the 5th seed
- we gotta be better than that though
Q: Chris Bosh future
- dont talk about it, no one knows whats goingt o happen
- hopefully we can keep him
- hes our leader
- by now i didnt talk to him dont know whats on his mind
Q: Couple times youve shown your frustration
- i just try and help the team
- im disappointed
- its tough
- team first, i dont care how many points or assists i get i just want to be in those playoffs today
Q: Raptors werent tough enough
- i think the coaches were tough enough, we were tougher.
- you could see how if we made mistakes we would go to the bench
- during the season we played good basketball
Q: Speculation Bosh didnt have his head in it?
- not really
- he played his best year
- he was here in practice every day playing hard
- the team, its everyone
- we couldnt play the way we used to
Q: How would it hurt this team if he didnt come back?
- too early to talk about
- who knows whats going to happen
- i dont think about it
- well see what happpens in the sumer
- ive been here 5 years with him
Q: Hedo went from point forward in Orlando to a different role
- i got to get him more involved, its my fault too
- its like with CB ive played with him so long i know him, Hedo ivve played with 1 year
Q: Will you go back to Europe?
- no? im here for 3 more years
Q: Likely hood your both here next year?
- were both under contract?
Q: BC says he wants to trade one?
- were both on contract?
- i dont know i didnt read anything about trades
- maybe not an overhaul but a big change
- we got CB and it has to see what happens with him