ImageImageImageImageImage

ESPN: GS will trade #6 if other teams takes Ellis' contract

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Air Canada
RealGM
And1: 7,556

Re: ESPN: GS will trade #6 if other teams takes Ellis' contract 

Post#121 » by Air Canada » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:40 am

BC should look into getting Biedrins too, I think hed be a good compliment to Bargnani
[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Post#122 » by [SJJ] » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:45 am

If BC finds a way to get us Ellis, Beans, and the 6th pick... Holy ****
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#123 » by Lionel Messi » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:50 am

I'd do that in a heartbeat.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#124 » by Hendrix » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:12 am

I don't like Monta at all, and really don't want him on hte team.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 951

Post#125 » by SDM » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:00 pm

Wow. Stay off the computer for an evening and this is what happens.

I love Monroe and think he's going to be a superstar. I would offer any pick we have and any player(s) we have to begin a proper rebuild with Monroe and Ellis.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,300

Post#126 » by ItsDanger » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:05 pm

Too many gamers or fantasy leaguers on this board.
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#127 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:21 pm

Ellis with the #6 for just crap expirings cant be legit, that's way too sweet of a deal.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,356

Post#128 » by douggood » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:27 pm

D-Wins-RingsIMO wrote:Ellis with the #6 for just crap expirings cant be legit, that's way too sweet of a deal.

ellis has 44 million left on his contract, plays a position same as the player they are handing the key to the franchise too(curry), team is up for sale, lots of reported rumors, already did 1 firesale, Magette

i would say that this is credible enough. although you would think they would be able to get a little more than just expiry for ellis and the 6th.
TheBathinApe
Rookie
And1: 170

Post#129 » by TheBathinApe » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:35 pm

western221 wrote:
D-Wins-RingsIMO wrote:Ellis with the #6 for just crap expirings cant be legit, that's way too sweet of a deal.

ellis has 44 million left on his contract, plays a position same as the player they are handing the key to the franchise too(curry), team is up for sale, lots of reported rumors, already did 1 firesale, Magette

i would say that this is credible enough. although you would think they would be able to get a little more than just expiry for ellis and the 6th.

Thats because ellis is overrated, scorers are overrated. People here complain about how bc only like offense but then they clamour for a player that plays no defense and is ineffecient on O. That being said ellis+ 6th for expirings is a sweet deal, eventhough ellis is overrated.
miruss2001
Lead Assistant
And1: 335

Post#130 » by miruss2001 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:52 pm

This is too good to be true, so I'll just lean to the left here and let my testicle crush under my thigh to get a sense of the pain that will come when this fails to materialize.
TheMainEvent
Analyst
And1: 1,814

Post#131 » by TheMainEvent » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:52 pm

I don't like Ellis much, but I'll take him to get the 6th. Only problem is that I don't see him as an efficient PG, and I'd like the Raps to hold on to DeRozan and let him develop (and I don't like DeRozan playing the SF spot either).
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,747

Post#132 » by Fairview4Life » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:55 pm

Obviously this won't actually happen, but I'd be on board like everyone else for an Ellis and the 6th pick for Evans/Banks deal. I'd be a pretty happy camper if that happened, even with Ellis's attitude and hedo-esque contract. Even better than the 13+expiring's for Maggette+6 that I had been making up all week. If the league is as (Please Use More Appropriate Word) as we all hope, Cousins is there at 6, then I'd be hoping for a Luke Babbitt or a Paul George at 13. Or if Cousins is gone as he should be, take the leftovers from Aminu/Johnson and add in Cole Aldrich at 13. If an Aminu/Bargs/Aldrich front line still sucks defensively, I will personally fly to Toronto and leave a steaming dump on Bargs' front porch. Or then try and move the 6 and 13 for Turner, Favors, or Cousins (2, 3, 4). Maybe Bosh even sticks around for that. You say MLSE will pay tax BC? Well, here you go.

That would make tonight a lot more fun. I don't even care that much about Ellis's deal really. He and Hedo would be expiring at the same time (4 years from now!), although one of those years should be a lockout, and then the final year is like 23 million in expiring's for the two of them. So just 2 years of problem deals and locker room fighting.

Someone make this happen for me.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 951

Post#133 » by SDM » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:07 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:Obviously this won't actually happen, but I'd be on board like everyone else for an Ellis and the 6th pick for Evans/Banks deal. I'd be a pretty happy camper if that happened, even with Ellis's attitude and hedo-esque contract. Even better than the 13+expiring's for Maggette+6 that I had been making up all week. If the league is as (Please Use More Appropriate Word) as we all hope, Cousins is there at 6, then I'd be hoping for a Luke Babbitt or a Paul George at 13. Or if Cousins is gone as he should be, take the leftovers from Aminu/Johnson and add in Cole Aldrich at 13. If an Aminu/Bargs/Aldrich front line still sucks defensively, I will personally fly to Toronto and leave a steaming dump on Bargs' front porch. Or then try and move the 6 and 13 for Turner, Favors, or Cousins (2, 3, 4). Maybe Bosh even sticks around for that. You say MLSE will pay tax BC? Well, here you go.

That would make tonight a lot more fun. I don't even care that much about Ellis's deal really. He and Hedo would be expiring at the same time (4 years from now!), although one of those years should be a lockout, and then the final year is like 23 million in expiring's for the two of them. So just 2 years of problem deals and locker room fighting.

Someone make this happen for me.

Awesome post.
BrickHeads
Assistant Coach
And1: 94

Post#134 » by BrickHeads » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:10 pm

You know what they say, If it's too good to be true it probably isn't.

But "they" aren't Raptors fans, so instead we get a 10 page thread about it. )

I don't see how anyone here can say No to this deal especially if Monroe or Cousins is still around.

You get the guard scorer we are missing and move into the top 6. and still have 13.
garbagnani
Starter
And1: 194

Post#135 » by garbagnani » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:16 pm

Ummmmm. hell yeah....

#6, Ellis for Banks, evans.
Reignman
Banned User
And1: 391

Post#136 » by Reignman » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:45 pm

I only do this trade if Cousins is available at 6.

Or we see if we can flip the 6 for a higher pick, possibly 3, 4 or 5. Don't know if SAC would do it, they seem to be taking Cousins; however, I also heard that they were really high on Monroe as well so who knows?
roundhead0
Lead Assistant
And1: 668

Post#137 » by roundhead0 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:56 pm

I don't really like Ellis. Horrible defensively, and aside from one great year his PER isn't THAT great. He puts up big numbers because he plays so much and takes so many shots.

I think he's the perfect example of a player who can put up big numbers on a bad team. Can he be as useful and effective in a lesser role on a good team? I am not so sure. In fact, I'm not even sure that I would want him over Turk (well, fit and motivated Turk anyway) at around the same price as a piece of a truly good team.

But if you can get them to throw the #6 pick in? That makes no sense to me. I'm sure they could move Ellis for expirings without having to give up such a lucrative pick, unless they are looking for a cheap, young players and a future pick back.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#138 » by whysoserious » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:59 pm

I think you do this trade whether Cousins is there or not. You've moved up in the draft from our original position and acquired a good player. If you then have to flip the sixth and move down or whatever else it's worth it. Even if we then use the 6th pick to move Turk for some other assets is better cause we already added Monta to the team.
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#139 » by pspot » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:10 pm

If we are talking about drafting Bradley an undersized SG vs Ellis and undersized sg + 6th then Im not sure why you wouldn't do it
3thomas
Sixth Man
And1: 214

Post#140 » by 3thomas » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:14 pm

If true I would be all over it, ME would be excellent running the ponit, he is definitely an impact player and can influence the game on the offence. And to have the 6th pick on top that is just unbelievable.

Return to Toronto Raptors