ImageImageImageImageImage

Celtics Shopping Perkins In Attempt To Get Into Lottery

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Ducksplatt
Sixth Man
And1: 622

Re: Celtics Shopping Perkins In Attempt To Get Into Lottery 

Post#41 » by Ducksplatt » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Hmm...that knee injury is troublesome...hate to go into 2011 with him looking for a big contract but only a half a season with the Raps.
But...Raps needs a Centre. He is a big body. Scoring is not a problem for this team...defense which he would bring.

This might be too much but I was thinking Jack #13 for Perkins and #19 (Bledsoe).
Get the PG and C of the future with Bargs and DeRozen...Just get rid of Turks and a nice young core.
chuckerz
Bench Warmer
And1: 161

Post#42 » by chuckerz » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:12 pm

Taking Perkins a great move if Bosh leaves. This leaves Bargnani moving to the 4 spot. I would rather get Perkins rather than draft and a rookie big man.

I would deal Evans and the 13th pick for Perkins.

The Celts get a solid rebounder and a decent defender in Evans and they could also use the pick to draft a big like Aldrich. With the Celtics 19th pick they can add a guard to replace Allen.

The only danger for the raps is that Perkins' contract is going to expire at the end of next season. And Colangelo has a history of giving long term contracts (TJ Ford, Calderon, Hedo, Bargnani)
Ripp
General Manager
And1: 324

Post#43 » by Ripp » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:14 pm

I think a better move is grabbing Orton and Pittman, and platooning them at C. One of them is bound to pan out.. (well, hopefully.)
Ducksplatt
Sixth Man
And1: 622

Post#44 » by Ducksplatt » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:31 pm

Would also be nice to have someone on the team that has NBA Final experience

...wait a second, doesn't Turk have that experience.

...forget what I said
:P
TheBathinApe
Rookie
And1: 170

Post#45 » by TheBathinApe » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:31 pm

Ripp wrote:
TheBathinApe wrote:
Ripp wrote:
He won't be ready to play until January or so, just fyi. I think he is a better fit next to someone like Bosh, not Bargnani. You need a very quick, mobile big man to pair with Bargs. Perk is good, but a bit slow..

Untill january? damn, but I'll still doit. Why would you want a quick guy beside bargs? Doesn't make any sense, brags is pretty fast himself. We just had a quick guy in Bosh beside him too, we need a defensive big beside bargs and that exaactly what perkins is. Bargnani is retty fast, especially for someone thats 7-foot.

Well, I want an elite team defender. Someone who can erase the mistakes made by others. I don't really see Perk as that guy by himself. He is great at shutting guys down on one, but is not the team defense anchor of the Celtics...that is KG. He isn't the guy that is going to help a guard who got beat, shut down PnR, etc. Bargnani sure as hell isn't going to do those things, so you need someone who can.

Hrm, maybe the best way to handle things is to keep Amir and also have Perk? Bargnani can kinda swing between PF and C, so he can probably play with either guy.

When KG was injured Celtics were still a top defensive team, the main reason for that was perkins. You dont need to be quick to be a good help defender, see Duncan, Rasho, etc. I still want Amir to be resigned, perfect big off the bench.
Ripp
General Manager
And1: 324

Post#46 » by Ripp » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:35 pm

TheBathinApe wrote:When KG was injured Celtics were still a top defensive team, the main reason for that was perkins. You dont need to be quick to be a good help defender, see Duncan, Rasho, etc. I still want Amir to be resigned, perfect big off the bench.

All I'm saying is that I don't think Perkins will be a universal cureall. He, like any defender, has weaknesses that can be exploited. He'd probably be a step in the right direction if you could acquire him cheaply, though.
elitehunter99
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#47 » by elitehunter99 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:51 pm

I think Perkins is like Tyson CHandler in the sense that other players around him make him look better than he really is.

Chandler looked like an allstar playing with Chris Paul.. .Look at Chandler in Charlotte, the guy is a bust.

Perkins looks like a top 10 C playing with KG, Rondo, and being the fifth option after the big 4 guys in Boston.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#48 » by sh00n » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:08 pm

Wow, some people are severely overrating Perkins.
SargentBargs101
Assistant Coach
And1: 307

Post#49 » by SargentBargs101 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:12 pm

doesn't make sense from the celtics side
RomaniaLuvTR
Head Coach
And1: 1,029

Post#50 » by RomaniaLuvTR » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:12 pm

how long is he going to be sidelined?
SwaggyB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,595

Post#51 » by SwaggyB » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:17 pm

RomaniaLuvTR wrote:how long is he going to be sidelined?

I'm curious if this plays into the reasons they're shopping him.

Also wonder who they would be after in the lottery, I don't really see much that would be better than Perkins unless they managed to get a top 6 or 7 pick. And in that case, I don't see the teams holding those picks trading them for Perkins. It would be interesting to see what would happen, if they manage to move Perkins I would expect them to be revamping quite a bit. Wonder who would be next to go.

Return to Toronto Raptors