ImageImageImageImageImage

Colin Cowherd said on ESPN radio: "Lakers want Turkoglu"

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

EelamBaller
Senior
And1: 134

Re: Colin Cowherd just said on ESPN radio: Lakers want Turkoglu 

Post#101 » by EelamBaller » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:38 pm

mgd wrote:
EventHorizon wrote:Bynum or die tryin'

No way the Lakers even think about trading Bynum unless they feel his knees are shot and will be out of the league before Turk's deal ends.

Why is anyone concerned about the talent ( or lack thereof ) coming back in a deal for Turk ?

You do it for financial flexibility. Removing a bloated contract, and replacing with two smaller one's, one of which is an expiring, is all the positive return we should be looking for.

Pushing for anything else is the kind of greed that would prevent you from being able to move a contract like Turk's.

We need TALENT on this roster. I can guarantee you that Beasley is coming to Toronto. We need a center and a good point guard. Jose is a really good center, and would play well with Gasol. Hedo gives Lakers a third scoring option, and he`s clutch.

Gasol
Odom
Turk
Kobe
Calderon or Fisher
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#102 » by J-Roc » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:38 pm

What's the point of trading for an expiring salary if BC will just as quickly spend it on another "6th man".
dohboy_24
Bench Warmer
And1: 224

Post#103 » by dohboy_24 » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:40 pm

If you're talking about Walton, Sasha, and Ebanks I would be happy with that return for Hedo, but I'm not entirely sold on the resulting lineup unless we do the Miami S&T and do something with the TPE... maybe Collison + Okafor?
======
Raptors Tank Nation Member #11031995

DRAFT BOARD:
#6 - Castle, Buzelis, Pate (if eligible), Holland, Clingan, Risacher
#19 - Filipowski, Salaun, Walter, George, McCain, Collier
#31 - Flowers, Chomche, Carrington, Onyenso, Evans Jr, Alexander
A roc 23
Rookie
And1: 92

Post#104 » by A roc 23 » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:40 pm

Sounds like complete BS.

That being said Turk would be perfect for the Lakers IF HE DIDN'T make twice the amount he should.

Imagine Turk shooting all those wide open threes that Artest took in the playoffs. The Lakers would've won much, much easier. Turk is still an amazing three point shooter. When he's got his feet set he's got to be a 45-50% three point shooter.

Plus he'd be perfect in the triangle. Great passer that could handle the ball. I guess with Odom there he's not quite as needed, but he'd still make them a better team. He's also huge and would be the perfect passer to Gasol.

But no way the Lakers lock up that much salary.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,484

Post#105 » by Brinbe » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:43 pm

J-Roc wrote:What's the point of trading for an expiring salary if BC will just as quickly spend it on another "6th man".

Probably, but I suppose we can be a high payroll treadmill team forever!
A roc 23
Rookie

Post#106 » by A roc 23 » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:45 pm

Dr Octagon wrote:You're not getting Collison unless you take a contract like Okafor's...

And 40 wins cements this team for more mediocrity.

Bynum/ Ed Davis / Alabi
Bargnani/ Amir
Beasley/ Klieza
Derozan/ Weems / Belinelli
Collison/ Jack

That might be a 40ish win team next year, but give that team a few years and the Raptors are looking like the best young team in the East. Mediocrity? That team would be the best overall collection of young talent in the NBA. Jack would be the oldest player on the team and he's only 26 years old!

It's a pipe dream though. The Hedo trade is a dream and a Collison deal would bring in a bad contract. And Beasley is becoming a dream as well. Time to get real people! But it is fun to think about. :wink:
"Pain is temporary, pride is forever."
Toronto Raptors: Rebuild it the right way!
Jmatt12
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#107 » by Jmatt12 » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:46 pm

The lakers would not trade Bynum for Turk and definitely not Caldy. Turk would go there for any expiring contracts or scrubs on short term contracts.
Woj wrote:David Stern has long pushed the individual over team, marketed showy over substance, and LeBron James represents the manifestation of it all."
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,416

Post#108 » by Tha Cynic » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:47 pm

The Lakers just signed Blake and will sign Fisher soon. They are not taking Calderon back. Get rid of these fantasies about Bynum. It's not happening. You think other teams couldn't offer more for him?

I'm hoping this trade ends up being Walton and Vujacic for Turkoglu simply because it gives them another point forward to use in the triangle.
Ripp
General Manager
And1: 324

Post#109 » by Ripp » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:49 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:The Lakers just signed Blake and will sign Fisher soon. They are not taking Calderon back. Get rid of these fantasies about Bynum. It's not happening. You think other teams couldn't offer more for him?

I'm hoping this trade ends up being Walton and Vujacic for Turkoglu simply because it gives them another point forward to use in the triangle.

How many minutes a night will Turk play, though? Seems like a pretty expensive way to go, no?
A Tolkienesque strategy war game made by me: http://www.warlords.co
EelamBaller
Senior

Post#110 » by EelamBaller » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:50 pm

Bynum/ Ed Davis / Alabi
Bargnani/ Amir
Beasley/ Klieza
Derozan/ Weems / Belinelli
Collison/ Jack

Young Gunners and the Killer Bs.
TDotRep
Banned User

Post#111 » by TDotRep » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:51 pm

EventHorizon wrote:Bynum or die tryin'

How many times can one die?
Wasp
Sixth Man
And1: 1,199

Post#112 » by Wasp » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:53 pm

We're not getting Bynum. They just won a Championship with Bynum playing on one leg, and he's 22 years old. Unless they were blown away, they're going to hold on to him in the hopes that he can overcome his injury woes and step up when Kobe / Artest / Gasol start declining.
EelamBaller
Senior

Post#113 » by EelamBaller » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:53 pm

Schadenfreude wrote:
EelamBaller wrote:The trade would have to involve Jose. I know BC would jump on any decent offer for Turks fat contract, but LA also has interest in Calderon. But what can we get in return? Bynum? He'll be making 13M 15M and 16M for the next 3 years..

[...]
This right here is a 40+ win team.

Signs that your team is royally screwed: it takes two lopsided fantasy trades to make you a 40 win team.

With the team we have right now we'd be luck to win more than 20 games next season. That team could help us win more than 40 games next season. We'd be one of the best teams in the league in a few years.

Durant> Beasley
Green< Bargnani
westbrook = collision
Ibaka<Bynum
Tha Cynic
RealGM

Post#114 » by Tha Cynic » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:54 pm

Ripp wrote:How many minutes a night will Turk play, though? Seems like a pretty expensive way to go, no?

They offered Mike Miller the full MLE, before they pulled it back because he was taking too long, so they're looking hard for someone decent to backup Kobe and Artest; probably someone who's at least a threat from 3. Besides, at this point they already have a bad contract in Luke Walton who doesn't even play, and Sasha Vujacic who the Laker fans have started to turn on. It's not like they're adding more money. They're simply replace two guys who don't play for a guy who could potentially make a contribution like he did with Orldando, for about the same money these two make.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
A roc 23
Rookie

Post#115 » by A roc 23 » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:54 pm

Ripp wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:The Lakers just signed Blake and will sign Fisher soon. They are not taking Calderon back. Get rid of these fantasies about Bynum. It's not happening. You think other teams couldn't offer more for him?

How many minutes a night will Turk play, though? Seems like a pretty expensive way to go, no?

I agree. No way they keep Bynum and trade their expirings for a huge contract in Turk. They're already paying a ridiculous amount of money for that roster.

The only reason this would go down is if the Phil Jackson said; "I'll be the coach here but get rid of this overpaid, always injured complainer Bynum for someone who fits my system."
"Pain is temporary, pride is forever."
Toronto Raptors: Rebuild it the right way!
Homer Jay
Assistant Coach
And1: 674

Post#116 » by Homer Jay » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:56 pm

From a contract stand-point you say yes every time. With Kobe, Pau, Bynum, Odom, Artest... the Lakers will not be a free-agent player anytime soon, so Turk's deal doesn't really affect them that way. But honestly Fisher is getting close to 40, and they need a PG. Farmer isn't good, and Brown is a SG who gets time at PG because of Kobe's 40 mins a night. Jose makes sense for them as well, but I don't see how we can get Turk and Jose to them, without them gutting their roster to send us back the matchings, ebanks and draft picks won't cut it.
Tha Cynic
RealGM

Post#117 » by Tha Cynic » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:57 pm

A roc 23 wrote:
Ripp wrote:

I agree. No way they keep Bynum and trade their expirings for a huge contract in Turk. They're already paying a ridiculous amount of money for that roster.

The only reason this would go down is if the Phil Jackson said; "I'll be the coach here but get rid of this overpaid, always injured complainer Bynum for someone who fits my system."

Walton is not an expiring contract. He has a bad contract that ends a year before Turkoglu. The Lakers have the team set up well so that most of their big contracts including Kobe, Odom and Gasol expire at the same time. They will be a able to sign new replacements at that time, and Turkoglu's contracts winds up around that same time. This is something they would definitely do.
TDotRep
Banned User

Post#118 » by TDotRep » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:57 pm

To LA: Okafor, Hedo, 8m TPE.
To Tor: Collison, Bynum, Walton
To Noh: Cap relief of Okafor, 4 mil TPE, Beasley.

Thoughts?
LA might do it because they won with essentially Bynum not playing, now you get a guy in Okafor who is better defensively and healthy. Aswell as a 8 mil tpe!
Ripp
General Manager
And1: 324

Post#119 » by Ripp » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:58 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:
Ripp wrote:How many minutes a night will Turk play, though? Seems like a pretty expensive way to go, no?

They offered Mike Miller the full MLE, before they pulled it back because he was taking too long, so they're looking hard for someone decent to backup Kobe and Artest; probably someone who's at least a threat from 3. Besides, at this point they already have a bad contract in Luke Walton who doesn't even play, and Sasha Vujacic who the Laker fans have started to turn on. It's not like they're adding more money. They're simply replace two guys who don't play for a guy who could potentially make a contribution like he did with Orldando, for about the same money these two make.

Fair enough. Will be interesting to see if this goes down. Personally I'd want something a bit cheaper...but I'm probably stingier than the Lakers FO is.
A Tolkienesque strategy war game made by me: http://www.warlords.co
Magic24
Pro Prospect
And1: 109

Post#120 » by Magic24 » Thu Jul 8, 2010 4:59 pm

The Lakers will not trade Turk for Bynum

Return to Toronto Raptors