ImageImageImageImageImage

Hedo Trade Rumour

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

MrBojangelz71
Banned User
And1: 929

Re: Hedo Trade Rumour 

Post#81 » by MrBojangelz71 » Fri Jul 9, 2010 11:54 pm

HoopAndTheHarm wrote:A perfect deal for BC.

Another euro along with another white stiff.

Do you have anything remotely intelligent to say, of course not.

If you have basketball sense, you might understand why this would be a very beneficial deal for us, since you have no sense, flame away.
blizzah
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#82 » by blizzah » Fri Jul 9, 2010 11:56 pm

Do it do it do it.

Its a ton easier to unload Walton than hedo, and Vuj is gone in a year anyway
Mrnatural
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#83 » by Mrnatural » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:30 am

Personally, I don't think BC will do any "rebuild" type deals. Isn't this the last year of his contract? Unless MlSE extends him. I think he's more likely going to try to add the best possible talent to improve the team for the short term (and less so, the long term).
Canucklehead
Veteran
And1: 23

Post#84 » by Canucklehead » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:42 am

Give us EBanks and we'll consider it
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#85 » by sule » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:45 am

If LA wants him that bad, maybe we can squeeze a first pick outta them. LA will end up with the best or second best record in the league anyway.

Two or three picks from Miami (one of them ours), plus an LA pick, plus all of our own for the next few years means we could be in good shape drafting going forward.

The late first rounders may not end up being starters or even quality guys, but we can get some decent bench players on cheap contracts with those picks, and that would allow us more room in the future to make moves.
HoopAndTheHarm
Pro Prospect
And1: 588

Post#86 » by HoopAndTheHarm » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:11 am

MrBojangelz71 wrote:
HoopAndTheHarm wrote:A perfect deal for BC.

Another euro along with another white stiff.

Do you have anything remotely intelligent to say, of course not.

If you have basketball sense, you might understand why this would be a very beneficial deal for us, since you have no sense, flame away.

Touchy, touchy.

Aside from the fact I was being sarcastic, I do recognize the potential benefits, financial and otherwise, of this deal. I simply don't find them all that appealing.

However, there are those, such as yourself apparently, that feel any way to scrub salary off the books is good. I disagree. If Hedo stays, he plays. Maybe it's mediocre, maybe well but probably not brutal and probably not wasting away on our bench. Trading him to save salary while taking on only players that likely won't touch the floor doesn't make sense to me. I would like to get at least one positive asset, be it a pick or young player with some upside.

I have previously stated that, with respect to a trade with the Lakers, I would prefer to see more than just expirings. Some useful piece rather than just benchwarmers like Walton. Throw Ebanks in the mix and it might look a little more attractive.

My sincere apologies for disagreeing with your opinion.
I've got a belt on that's holding up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up my belt. I don't know what's really happening down there. Who is the real hero? - Mitch Hedberg
TGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 728

Post#87 » by TGM » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:29 am

Bad trade. Would rather keep Turk. At least Turk has potential to get better and will have more trade value.

Sasha is an expireing, but Luke has 3 years left at 6.5 million per year. Lucks sucks. I rather pay Hedo for four more years at 10 per year than have a guy that is useless for 3 years. We don't need the small forward version of Yogi Stewart.

Return to Toronto Raptors