ImageImageImageImageImage

The Jimmer Fredette bandwagon

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

MagnusPinus
Analyst
And1: 148

The Jimmer Fredette bandwagon 

Post#1 » by MagnusPinus » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:45 pm

The guy is dominating workouts... If u saw some images, in Sacramento he thrived.. He is a lock at 7 at the moment.. I'm not saying we have to draft him, but we should really take a look at the guy.. maybe a workout.
At 5 he is a big reach, but I think he 's been underrated by draft experts.. He is a shooter, ok, but not only that.. He is really strong, good size for point, quicker than expected, a good ball handler. He has defects, but I think offensively he would be a great fit with Demar.. We desperately need some 3 point shooters and talent offensively. Jimmer is gonna be a good offensive player, and as a playmaker is not too bad. He is not a point guard, but I think he could play the role in the Nba.
I don't know if he has enough for the 5th pick, but if the choice is between him and Walker I'm not that sure who is the best player..
GuyverADL wrote:
The only thing Curry will raise from the start of the season is his cholesterol.
People do not understand Curry's reason for wanting to be a ballerina. He wanted to be able to contort his body to be able to fit in the fridge.
Cool-Hand-Luke
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,530

Re: The Jimmer Fredette bandwagon 

Post#2 » by Cool-Hand-Luke » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:46 pm

At 5? No.
sig by TZ
theSkinny
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,277

Post#3 » by theSkinny » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Good player...not good for our squad
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,850

Post#4 » by Basketball_Jones » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:47 pm

lol @ Curry contorting his body to fit in the fridge.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
MagnusPinus
Analyst

Post#5 » by MagnusPinus » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:49 pm

SkinnyP wrote:Good player...not good for our squad

He would complement Derozan offensively, that's for sure.. and talking about defense, he can't be worse than Calderon :lol:

I know at 5 he would be a reach, but seriously, I wouldnt bet against him.. he has many tools that can help him become a good nba player.. What I really like is that he has good ball handling skills, and a decent size.. he could really be good.
GuyverADL wrote:
The only thing Curry will raise from the start of the season is his cholesterol.
People do not understand Curry's reason for wanting to be a ballerina. He wanted to be able to contort his body to be able to fit in the fridge.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,843

Post#6 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:00 pm

He's on the same level as Knight/Walker, but since I don't want those guys, I don't want Jimmer either.
elmer_yuck
Veteran
And1: 565

Post#7 » by elmer_yuck » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:10 pm

I've been thinking about him lately too.
Offensively he's exactly what we need. If his defense isn't as bad as people think,
he could be the right guy for us.
Meursault
Starter
And1: 1,037

Post#8 » by Meursault » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:14 pm

lol no. no more euros, mang
T0R0NT0_RAPT0RS
Analyst
And1: 1,266
Location: [STH] Toronto, ON = ah.. the memories of 500 level seats at skydome...

Post#9 » by T0R0NT0_RAPT0RS » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:16 pm

I love Jimmer's game, but he's not on the same level as Knight (mostly due to upside and athleticism).

Knight>>>Jimmer>Walker

He's a definite reach at #5, but if he's a lock at #7 to Sacto, good on him. He's definitely being underrated by most. If we could get a second lotto pick i'd definitely consider picking him cuz i see him as an upgrade to Bayless. And especially if we go big at #5 (i.e. passing on Walker, which i would do).
JumpinJack24
Junior
And1: 2

Post#10 » by JumpinJack24 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:23 pm

Meursault wrote:lol no. no more euros, mang

That's funny, i don't remember Utah (college ball) or New York (where he's from) being part of Europe
Raemizzle
Sophomore
And1: 69

Post#11 » by Raemizzle » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:23 pm

lol @ "if you saw some images"
Props to the amazing TZ
Tony_Montana
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#12 » by Tony_Montana » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:28 pm

+1
MagnusPinus
Analyst

Post#13 » by MagnusPinus » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Prodigy73 wrote:lol @ "if you saw some images"

In italy we say images also for video parts.. Probably wrong translation.. sorry.. I I meant the video of Sacramento..But have u seen the video of the workout in there..?? The maloofs were like in love with him.. He looks like a lock at 7.
GuyverADL wrote:
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,843

Post#14 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:30 pm

JumpinJack24 wrote:

That's funny, i don't remember Utah (college ball) or New York (where he's from) being part of Europe

His name is "Fredette". If that isn't French I don't know what is. I bet he even speaks French at home, just like Bargnani.
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#15 » by fredericklove » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Tony_Montana wrote:

+1

euros-chocolate wanna-be.
Too Late Crew
Head Coach
And1: 750

Post#16 » by Too Late Crew » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Yeah a a "combo" gaurd with the same physical measurements (height reach wingsan) as Steph Curry who doesn't defend well is exactly what we need.

I'm simply not a beliver in this guy. Not that I don't think that he has a place in the NBA but that place is bench player. Lets not forget that for a rookie he's 22 years old. The chances of him being a PG are not good. The thought of him on the floor with Bargs and jose makes me want to puke
RocLaFamilia
Lead Assistant
And1: 34

Post#17 » by RocLaFamilia » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:39 pm

UssjTrunks wrote:
JumpinJack24 wrote:

His name is "Fredette". If that isn't French I don't know what is. I bet he even speaks French at home, just like Bargnani.

If we are playing "going back to the roots" game, then technically aren't all Europeans... African? :lol:

Australopithecus - the first hominid, appeared on the African savannas 2-3 million years ago. Brain size was 1/3 modern human's.
dacrusha wrote:
In 2009, when Wright asked a Colorado judge to intervene, Weems didn’t even bother sending a lawyer to court.

Since when does Weems bring any kind of defense to the court anyway?
elmer_yuck
Veteran
And1: 565

Post#18 » by elmer_yuck » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:43 pm

Too Late Crew wrote:Yeah a a "combo" gaurd with the same physical measurements (height reach wingsan) as Steph Curry who doesn't defend well is exactly what we need.

I'm simply not a beliver in this guy. Not that I don't think that he has a place in the NBA but that place is bench player. Lets not forget that for a rookie he's 22 years old. The chances of him being a PG are not good. The thought of him on the floor with Bargs and jose makes me want to puke

I'd only take him if we got rid of Bargnani. Someone has to be able to shoot the 3.
edquantum
Rookie
And1: 298

Post#19 » by edquantum » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:45 pm

Yes sure, Jimmer is probably russian...
roundhead0
Lead Assistant
And1: 668

Post#20 » by roundhead0 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:47 pm

In most draft years he'd be a late first round pick. Not sure why anyone is getting that excited over him.

Sometimes late first rounders bloom, but most don't and he's already 22.

Return to Toronto Raptors