ImageImageImageImageImage

Doug's season grades / Koreen's grades, Pg. 4

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Reignman
Banned User
And1: 391

Re: Doug's season grades / Koreen's grades, Pg. 4 

Post#61 » by Reignman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:05 pm

djsunyc wrote:well let's be real here, bargs was playing at an all star level. games still mattered here.

he got hurt.

he came back, played like an all star again then got hurt for a longer time. games still mattered here.

came back, took some time to adjust, then went on a rampage again before they shut him down for the tank. games no longer mattered.

B and above is a grade based on how he played when healthy and his impact on the team, which was a big one.

amir + ed had down years.

bayless can't play more than 3 games in a row.

jose was a rock for most of the season. with him AND bargs starting, our defense was improved.

demar took 1/2 a season to figure stuff out. again, started playing better when the games didn't matter.

barbosa traded. gray inconsequential.

jj was a surprise - very inconsistent but when playing well, made an impact.

so if you really think about it, only bargs + jose + jj played at a decent level when healthy and demar came on in the 2nd half.

everybody else? it's a real testament to the job casey did.

Demar actually just took a month to figure it out. January. By February you could see the adjustments and back then the games still mattered.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,564

Post#62 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:10 pm

This wasn't a tank season in the sense we expected the #1 pick this yr. BC just didn't wanna do ne moves to set the expectations of a playoff push. If bargs didn't go down we're prolly closer to Milwaukee than Clv.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#63 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:25 pm

I'm going to comment without reading the article but did amir get a really low grade? Interesting fact about amir is that we've actually outscored opposing teams when he's been on the court. Could've been fluky given he didn't produce as he has in the past but given our record, but it would be a pretty incredible coincidence for a scrub IMO.

In 2011 he was 200 points better than bargs in terms of plus minus, but certainly never got a franchise label off that difference (more of a scrub label).

and lol amir got a D...

plus.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
DarrylFlicking
Senior
And1: 152

Re: Doug's season grades 

Post#64 » by DarrylFlicking » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:58 pm

gdroz wrote:
MrBojangelz71 wrote:I have followed the Raps, and any related media, relentlessly for 10 plus years, yet I have never ever cared about what Doug has to say. He is about as irrelevant of a source you will ever find.

Amen.
Whatever happened to the Raptor bashing journalist "Lechuck" or something like that? It's been a while since I've seen his name.

Dave Feschuck is a hockey writer. 'nuff said.

Return to Toronto Raptors