ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: should NBA re-seed in the playoffs?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,610

OT: should NBA re-seed in the playoffs? 

Post#1 » by HangTime » Sun May 6, 2012 4:15 pm

The only reason I ask is because last year OKC had HCA when Dallas, a higher ranked team, had to start on the Road.

I am a huge OKC fan, but I believe that a team with a W% deserve HCA.

------

Hypothetical 2012 East 2nd round:

Sixers 8 @ Celtics 4
Pacers 3 @ Heat 2

If you were to re-seed:
Sixers 8 @ Heat 2
Celtics 4 @ Pacers 3

What is the point of getting a better record when you lose HCA to a team with a worse record? Pacers losing it to the Celtics.
plainballing
Head Coach
And1: 1,593

Re: OT: should NBA re-seed in the playoffs? 

Post#2 » by plainballing » Sun May 6, 2012 4:30 pm

Last year Dallas, 3rd in West with 57-25, has home court against Thunder, 4th in West with 55-27. This year, even tho C's were ranked 4th overall but Hawks has home court...so not sure what are you trying to argue here...

The team has the better record got home court advantage. I have no problem Sixers facing C's than the Heat.
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/lillehammer/Turbo_Zone_Little_Ozzy_Davis.jpg
neurotik
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,864

Post#3 » by neurotik » Sun May 6, 2012 4:33 pm

I wouldn't necessarily re-seat teams, but I do like the idea of rewarding the team with the higher winning percentage with HCA. I would keep the brackets the same however I would give the teams that finished with higher W %s the HCA.

So the Sixers should never have HCA, but I don't think they should have to play an even higher ranked team the second round, I think that they should be rewarded a little bit for their first round win.
(1 of 10)
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,610

Post#4 » by HangTime » Sun May 6, 2012 4:38 pm

plainballing wrote:Last year Dallas, 3rd in West with 57-25, has home court against Thunder, 4th in West with 55-27. This year, even tho C's were ranked 4th overall but Hawks has home court...so not sure what are you trying to argue here...

The team has the better record got home court advantage.

Yes, that is true, but in the 2nd round Dallas started on the Road against the Lakers while OKC started at home against the grizzlies.
Thesachman19
Pro Prospect
And1: 450

Post#5 » by Thesachman19 » Sun May 6, 2012 5:57 pm

Valid point- what you are proposing is used by the NHL. For this
http://www.raptorscage.ca
facebook.com/RaptorsCage
@RaptorsCage
plainballing
Head Coach
And1: 1,593

Post#6 » by plainballing » Sun May 6, 2012 6:03 pm

HangTime wrote:
plainballing wrote:Last year Dallas, 3rd in West with 57-25, has home court against Thunder, 4th in West with 55-27. This year, even tho C's were ranked 4th overall but Hawks has home court...so not sure what are you trying to argue here...

The team has the better record got home court advantage.

Yes, that is true, but in the 2nd round Dallas started on the Road against the Lakers while OKC started at home against the grizzlies.

Lakers win tie-breaker hence they got home court over Dallas...but I see what you mean here. The NHL way of playoffs.

I rather see a tight series earlier though...it's more exciting that there are at least a series to look forever to. The NBA is all about business and TV ratings...they prob want tight series as early as first round.
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/lillehammer/Turbo_Zone_Little_Ozzy_Davis.jpg

Return to Toronto Raptors