ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Slackstring701
Starter
And1: 1,963

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread 

Post#1241 » by Slackstring701 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:09 am

Trade eveyone but Val for Derrick Favors.
Just Win Baby
Senior
And1: 75

Post#1242 » by Just Win Baby » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:25 am

TheFreshPrince wrote:Yeah fellas, I'm assuming CP3 will re-sign just because it would be really stupid for him not to. I can't see any more big 3's being formed with the new CBA and the Clips have a really good team. So, once Chris does re-sign I could see LA looking for a wing player. The only guy I could see them wanting from us is DeMar. But DeMar for Bledsoe is heavily in our favour at this point, at least in my opinion. But I'd still be willing to look at a deal like that because in all likelihood if we're going for Bledsoe then Kyle is gone.

I am under the impression that we will trade Jose, which would leave a spot for Bledsoe if we can somehow trade for him. Not to mention that Lowry may not re-sign with us down the road. But as you were saying, Clippers may want to keep Bledsoe in case CP3 does not resign.
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#1243 » by ballislife » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:12 am

With the way that I believe Ed can play, I want to build around him, JV, and DeRozan. We need a sniper at the 3 and the 1 for that to happen. I like Lowry, but let's face it... he's not going to stay with us. I would love to get Jennings in some kind of deal with Lowry. He can hit 3s and he's a proven winner. Raps brass needs to tell DeRozan to get in his buddy's head.
AndreaKobenani
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#1244 » by AndreaKobenani » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:34 am

This is what the Raptors need to do to get on the right track.

Fire BC
Hire a new GM that values all around talented players. One of the biggest problems with BC is that he makes sure Bargnani gets his minutes regardless of how he plays. We need a GM that will hold players accountable and not show any favourtism to undeserving players.

As for trades:

The Raptors need to do a full rebuild. Trade Jose at the deadline for a prospect or a late pick.

Bargnani should be shopped but I don't think he will be worth anything to trade at the moment. With a new GM in place to hold him accountable for his play he might just raise his value and play better. We might even want to keep him if his minutes are limited and his role is defined to a spark plug offensive player.

Shop Amir for a late pick from a team needing an energy big down low for a playoff run.

Trade Lowry for a draft picks.

Run a lineup of

Lucas
Derozan
Ross
Ed
Val

Go into tank mode with this lineup and should land a top 3 pick.

Evaluate Demar Derozan this offseason and look to make a deal depending on how Ross develops and what pick we get this year.

Tank again in 2014 for the Wiggins draft where our pick is still top 2 protected.

Surrender the pick by 2015 to OKC when the young core develops and Raptors are in the playoffs.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager
And1: 8,607

Post#1245 » by TheGoodDoctor » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:37 am

Terrible1 wrote:
TheFreshPrince wrote:Yeah fellas, I'm assuming CP3 will re-sign just because it would be really stupid for him not to. I can't see any more big 3's being formed with the new CBA and the Clips have a really good team. So, once Chris does re-sign I could see LA looking for a wing player. The only guy I could see them wanting from us is DeMar. But DeMar for Bledsoe is heavily in our favour at this point, at least in my opinion. But I'd still be willing to look at a deal like that because in all likelihood if we're going for Bledsoe then Kyle is gone.

I am under the impression that we will trade Jose, which would leave a spot for Bledsoe if we can somehow trade for him. Not to mention that Lowry may not re-sign with us down the road. But as you were saying, Clippers may want to keep Bledsoe in case CP3 does not resign.

Lowry for Bledsoe + Billups?!

Would never happen but just throwing out what the Clips may be open to looking because I'm sure Lowry would go kicking n screaming and Colangelo would only further destroy his rep trading our first for Bledsoe despite the excitement for his development. It's really sad we have nothing of value they would want...maybe Ross for Bledsoe although I doubt that's enough either.
TheFreshPrince
Banned User
And1: 320

Post#1246 » by TheFreshPrince » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:53 am

TheGoodDoctor wrote:
Terrible1 wrote:

Lowry for Bledsoe + Billups?!

Would never happen but just throwing out what the Clips may be open to looking because I'm sure Lowry would go kicking n screaming and Colangelo would only further destroy his rep trading our first for Bledsoe despite the excitement for his development. It's really sad we have nothing of value they would want...maybe Ross for Bledsoe although I doubt that's enough either.

I'm almost certain it would have to include DeMar since LAC is relatively weak at the wings.
wazabifuzz
Starter
And1: 599

Post#1247 » by wazabifuzz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:12 am

How about... Bargs for Kevin Love straight up ?
elmer_yuck
Veteran
And1: 559

Post#1248 » by elmer_yuck » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:34 am

wazabifuzz wrote:How about... Bargs for Kevin Love straight up ?

If this is not a joke, then this post wins my dumbest post of the year award.
kwamebargnani
General Manager
And1: 2,479

Post#1249 » by kwamebargnani » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:55 am

Why not LeBron
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#1250 » by Left Side Drive » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:05 am

Joking right? If not you delusional.

Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,048

Post#1251 » by Indeed » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:43 pm

ESPN has Gasol for Millsap, however, I don't see they move Kanter to make this trade happen.

What I can think of is:
LAL gets:
Calderon
Jefferson

Utah gets:
Gasol
Clark
Sac 2nd (from Tor)

Tor gets:
Millsap
Blake (or Duhon)

I think Lakers will be happy with it, but not sure about Jazz fans. The Raptors traded Calderon for Millsap, who can play PF and SF to fill our injuries.
wfnshow316
Sixth Man
And1: 14

Post#1252 » by wfnshow316 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:14 pm

With the continuing struggles of the Lakers - can they wait much longer to make a trade?? And now with Bargnani hurt can they get Calderon from us. Well lets bring Minnesota into it - Scenario 1

Toronto out - Calderon, Bargnani, Klieza
Minnesota out - Love, Williams, Shved
LA Lakers out - Gasol, Sacre

Toronto in - Love, Williams, Shved, Sacre
Minnesota in - Gasol
LA Lakers - Calderon, Bargnani, Klieza

Now if LA aren't willing to take Bargnani

Toronto out - Calderon, Davis, Klieza, Fields

Minnesota in - Gasol,
LA Lakers - Calderon, Davis, Klieza, Fields

Both work in trade checker - and both effectively realign or lineup - as well as get the Lakers the PG they need to run their team - scenario one is the best for us IMO - as Barg's is not around to clutter up the roster and Love would be a more legit "franchise" type then Barg's and we wouldn't have to go through the whole Gasol decline. Minnesota seems to like the idea of Gasol paired with Rubio and Williams isn't working out and Love is pushing for a trade -

And if scenario two is in play - the price for the Lakers for Calderon with Davis - is they have to take on Fields and Klieza's contracts - it works but it's not my preference
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#1253 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:40 pm

Trade Lowry for Jennings, play a six seconds or less offence with:

Jennings
Ross
DeRozan
Davis
Valanciunas

Fastest team end-to-end.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager

Post#1254 » by TheGoodDoctor » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:04 pm

wfnshow316 wrote:Toronto out - Calderon, Bargnani, Klieza

Minnesota in - Gasol
LA Lakers - Calderon, Bargnani, Klieza

Now if LA aren't willing to take Bargnani

Toronto out - Calderon, Davis, Klieza, Fields

Minnesota in - Gasol,
LA Lakers - Calderon, Davis, Klieza, Fields

If that were to happen there is absolutely NO WAY that the Lakers let us take Love.....none.

They would also more likely completely cut us out of the deal and just do Gasol for Love + Ridnour. Not to mention Love would be extremely vocal about not wanting to go to TO and go back to Cali. That whole proposed trade would just never happen. Also I don't see Minny parting with Love to begin with. Despite the drama, he is locked in and the idea is to build around him and Rubio.
hillbilly hare
Veteran
And1: 219

Post#1255 » by hillbilly hare » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:27 pm

JunkYardSubs wrote:Speaking of Wilson Chandler, I think flipping him for Varejao makes sense for both teams

Way way too much for Chandler. Apart from Chandler's ability, his trade value has to be really low right now. He's not even dressing. I think Denver would be happy to dump his contract.

A better deal involving Cleveland would be Gibson for Chandler. Their salaries match up and Gibson is expiring. Gibson's a career 40% 3pt shooter, which is something Denver lacks. Chandler gets to start over in Cleveland.

Speaking of us, I think Ed Davis is too much for Chandler. Would've been all over it in the off-season, but again, Chandler's value has plummeted.

If Andrea were healthy and providing 18 ppg off the bench, Denver might be desperate enough to: one, get back into the thick of the playoff hunt; two, dump Chandler's contract.

Andrea for Chandler (salary dump), Mozgov (not getting any PT) and a pick (lotto-protected, in case the wheels fall off).

Andrea can back up PF, play a little C in a small ball lineup, provide instant O off the bench, cook linguine for Gallo, and his defensive deficiencies can be hidden a bit by McGee, Faried and Igoudala. Denver gets a high-scoring big off the bench for 2 guys who aren't playing and what they hope would be a late first.

We get a guy who could/might possibly be our starting SF, a backup C and a pick that could be 20-30.
TheGoodDoctor
General Manager

Post#1256 » by TheGoodDoctor » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:35 pm

I so don't want Chandler anymore.

Chandler/Kleiza/Pietrus/Fields....

How many washed up roleplaying SFs do we need before we stop locking up salary for no results?
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,224

Post#1257 » by Raptorfan2012 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:54 pm

So anyone want to predict if anything will happen over the weekend in regards to trade? Could we really be landing either a Gasol or Eric Gordon?
thunderforce
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,136

Post#1258 » by thunderforce » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:51 pm

Raptorfan2012 wrote:So anyone want to predict if anything will happen over the weekend in regards to trade? Could we really be landing either a Gasol or Eric Gordon?

They better not , if they trade anyone it should be for picks this is going to become the largest and greatest tank battle in history for Wiggins ( I am looking at you Cavs and NO , and Washington .) Watch all of those 4 teams just start dumping any good players they have lol . This war for the bottom is going to be hell but it is a war we cannot loose .
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,224

Post#1259 » by Raptorfan2012 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:29 pm

hillbilly hare wrote:
JunkYardSubs wrote:Speaking of Wilson Chandler, I think flipping him for Varejao makes sense for both teams

Way way too much for Chandler. Apart from Chandler's ability, his trade value has to be really low right now. He's not even dressing. I think Denver would be happy to dump his contract.

A better deal involving Cleveland would be Gibson for Chandler. Their salaries match up and Gibson is expiring. Gibson's a career 40% 3pt shooter, which is something Denver lacks. Chandler gets to start over in Cleveland.

Speaking of us, I think Ed Davis is too much for Chandler. Would've been all over it in the off-season, but again, Chandler's value has plummeted.

If Andrea were healthy and providing 18 ppg off the bench, Denver might be desperate enough to: one, get back into the thick of the playoff hunt; two, dump Chandler's contract.

Andrea for Chandler (salary dump), Mozgov (not getting any PT) and a pick (lotto-protected, in case the wheels fall off).

Andrea can back up PF, play a little C in a small ball lineup, provide instant O off the bench, cook linguine for Gallo, and his defensive deficiencies can be hidden a bit by McGee, Faried and Igoudala. Denver gets a high-scoring big off the bench for 2 guys who aren't playing and what they hope would be a late first.

We get a guy who could/might possibly be our starting SF, a backup C and a pick that could be 20-30.

The only person I would trade for Wilson Chandler is Amir Johnson. It makes too much sense for both teams IMO. Denver needs some front court depth, and we need a starting SF.
3thomas
Sixth Man
And1: 214

Post#1260 » by 3thomas » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:43 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Trade Lowry for Jennings, play a six seconds or less offence with:

Jennings
Ross
DeRozan
Davis
Valanciunas

Fastest team end-to-end.

I was actually thinking about Jennings for Lowry. Jennings is buddies with Demar and ED and I think is better suited to run the offence here. Stat-wise they are almost identical, Lowry still has one year left on his contract at a very reasonable rate. Jennings already mentioned he wants out.

Return to Toronto Raptors