ImageImageImageImageImage

2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,441

Re: 2012-13 Toronto Raptors Trade Idea Thread 

Post#221 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:06 pm

Inevitable wrote:^He's coming off an injury and is playing behind Gallanari/Iggy.

The difference between Chandler and the SF products we had is that he's a proven SF when given minutes that fills the needs of our team to the tee. Hedo/Fields/Kapono never played defense AND rebounded AND shot well enough to fill our needs. Chandler possibily could fill all those holes. In starter minutes before his injury on the Knicks he averaged 16/5 on 46%FG. He's already an established defender.. In an already depleted SF talent pool we'd be foolish of not trying to acquire him.

I am not entirely opposed to acquiring him, but it would heavily depend on what was heading outbound.
He has a pair of pretty solid seasons on a pretty terrible Knicks team, he provides some of what we need but keeping in mind how terrible DeRozan is from beyond the arc you simply compound the problem by adding Chandler,

With that said, I would take Chandler over Fields or Kleiza for similar money.

If the bit on something like Kleiza (who can play some four for them and has a two year shorter deal) for Chandler then by all means, but if we get into the Jose's expiring or Davis type of return I am not entirely sold.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#222 » by Rhettmatic » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:15 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:I am not a fan of Chandler;
We can easily argue he is a victim of finite minutes in Denver; but he is shooting 31% and 25% from beyond the arc this season, and making 6 - 7 m for the next few seasons to basically be the same sort of "hope he fits in and gets better when he gets here" sort of acquisitions as Kapono, Kleiza, and Fields were.

I'm not a Chandler fan either. While he's less overpaid than the overpaid roleplayers BC has collected here like Pogs, he's still an overpaid roleplayer and I don't think that's what the Raptors need.

Plus, he really hasn't looked good outside of D'Antoni's system in New York. I know he hasn't played a ton of games in Denver but he's been pretty bad throughout his stay there.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,441

Post#223 » by Morris_Shatford » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:17 pm

Rhettmatic wrote:
We can easily argue he is a victim of finite minutes in Denver; but he is shooting 31% and 25% from beyond the arc this season, and making 6 - 7 m for the next few seasons to basically be the same sort of "hope he fits in and gets better when he gets here" sort of acquisitions as Kapono, Kleiza, and Fields were.

I'm not a Chandler fan either. While he's less overpaid than the overpaid roleplayers BC has collected here like Pogs, he's still an overpaid roleplayer and I don't think that's what the Raptors need.

Plus, he really hasn't looked good outside of D'Antoni's system in New York. I know he hasn't played a ton of games in Denver but he's been pretty bad throughout his stay there.

I am with you;
But, if Denver was looking to unload him for a shorter cheaper deal (Kleiza) and maybe Sac's second I wouldn't hang up, if only for his ability to rebound and play some d at the three.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
WigginsNation
Analyst
And1: 1,389

Post#224 » by WigginsNation » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:What about this?

To Toronto: Deng + Hinrich
To Chicago: Calderon + Ariza + Ross + Anderson
To Washington: Belinelli

We get our SF

Bulls get their future SG while getting Ariza as a replacement. Calderon also fills in for Rose

Salary dump for Washington. Saving 10+ million.

Kyle Lowry / Kirk Hinrich / John Lucas
Demar Derozan / Landry Fields
Loul Deng / Linas Kleiza / Dominique McGuire
Andrea Bargnani / Ed Davis / Quincy Acy
Jonas Val / Amir Johnson / Aaron Gray

Jose Calderon / Marquis Teague / Derrick Rose
Richard Hamilton / Terrence Ross
Trevor Ariza / Alan Anderson / Jimmy Butler

Is a solid wing rotation.

I love this deal. Someone get on the phone with BC and tell him to pull this off!
I would then proceed to package bargnani to a team loaded with solid front court players, like the Jazz.
I would also look into getting Gasol for him and our other "assets".

Our starting lineup would be deadly.

Lowry
Derozan
Deng
Gasol
Valancunius

All those guys play solid defense and understand the game. We need to have smart, hard working, defensive demons on our team. Derozans D isnt there yet, but he'll be rubbed off on by the other players; and with his work ethic, i wouldnt doubt him eventually being on par with the rest of the aforementioned players

BC has to pull something off like this or his job is in jeopardy. If he can trade his golden boy and get someone valuable, i would consider extending him, despite his poor job at the helm.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,169

Post#225 » by niQ » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Rhettmatic wrote:

I agree he hasnt' looked good outside of D'Antoni's system but I'd be ecstatic to have him over Landry Fields. And besides, Chandler could be a good fit with Lowry.
WeThe2019Champs
Veteran
And1: 2,632

Post#226 » by WeThe2019Champs » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:01 pm

TOR
In: Danilo Gallinari & Julyan Stone
Out: Jose Calderon & Linas Kleiza

DEN
In: Jose Calderon, Glen Davis & Kyle O'Quinn
Out: Danilo Gallinari, Julyan Stone & Wilson Chandler

ORL
In: Wilson Chandler & Linas Kleiza
Out: Glen Davis & Kyle O'Quinn

TOR: Get's SF Help - DEN: Get's PF Help - ORL: Get's SG Help
No More Tanking!
Zarko
Veteran
And1: 208

Post#227 » by Zarko » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:35 pm

birdii wrote:TOR

DEN

ORL

Awful for Denver
The iL MaGo Era BEGINS
WeThe2019Champs
Veteran
And1: 2,632

Post#228 » by WeThe2019Champs » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:09 am

Zarko wrote:
birdii wrote:
TOR

DEN

ORL

Awful for Denver

Ya I had a feeling Den was getting too little.....

TOR
In: Danilo Gallinari & Kyle O'Quinn
Out: Andrea Bargnani

DEN
In: Andrea Bargnani & Glen Davis
Out: Danilo Gallinari & Wilson Chandler

ORL
In: Wilson Chandler
No More Tanking!
Zarko
Veteran
And1: 208

Post#229 » by Zarko » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:14 am

birdii wrote:
Zarko wrote:
birdii wrote:
TOR

DEN

ORL

Awful for Denver

Ya I had a feeling Den was getting too little.....

TOR
In: Danilo Gallinari & Kyle O'Quinn
Out: Andrea Bargnani

DEN
In: Andrea Bargnani & Glen Davis
Out: Danilo Gallinari & Wilson Chandler

ORL
In: Wilson Chandler

Why would Denver move both Gallo and Chandler? I can see one or the other but not both
The iL MaGo Era BEGINS
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#230 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:38 am

Here's a realistic idea

To Toronto: Rudy Gay + Aj Price + Jon Leur

To Cleveland: Ed Davis + Sac 2nd Round Pick (via TOR)

To Memphis: Trevor Ariza + Terrence Ross + Mia 1st Round Pick (via CLE)

To Washington: Jose Calderon

Only a 7 player deal haha. I think it makes sense though

* 7+ million TE created for Memphis. Puts them under luxury tax. Save 31 million TOTAL

Toronto gets its star SF, BC saves his job

Washington saves 7.7 million next year while getting a good backup for Wall

Cleveland pairs up TT with Davis. Solid PF future rotation.

Memphis gets UNDER luxury tax, get a TE of 7+ million. Ariza fills in for Gay, Ross plays SG and backs up the 3. Memphis also saves 31 million TOTAL in this deal. So that's huge for a market like theirs.

Kyle Lowry / Aj Price / John Lucas III
Demar Derozan / Landry Fields / Alan Anderson
Rudy Gay / Linas Kleiza / Dominique McGuire
Andrea Bargnani / Amir Johnson / Quincy Acy
Jonas Val / Aaron Gray / Jon Leur

Solid.
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,790

Post#231 » by ash_k » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:52 am

We must forget about Rudy Gay; Memphis are thinking championship right now with their roster and have the frontline to challenge anyone (Miami included)
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
ballislife
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,005

Post#232 » by ballislife » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:57 am

Rapsobsessed7 wrote:Here's a realistic idea

To Toronto: Rudy Gay + Aj Price + Jon Leur

To Cleveland: Ed Davis + Sac 2nd Round Pick (via TOR)

To Memphis: Trevor Ariza + Terrence Ross + Mia 1st Round Pick (via CLE)

To Washington: Jose Calderon

Only a 7 player deal haha. I think it makes sense though

* 7+ million TE created for Memphis. Puts them under luxury tax. Save 31 million TOTAL

Toronto gets its star SF, BC saves his job

Washington saves 7.7 million next year while getting a good backup for Wall

Cleveland pairs up TT with Davis. Solid PF future rotation.

Memphis gets UNDER luxury tax, get a TE of 7+ million. Ariza fills in for Gay, Ross plays SG and backs up the 3. Memphis also saves 31 million TOTAL in this deal. So that's huge for a market like theirs.

Kyle Lowry / Aj Price / John Lucas III
Demar Derozan / Landry Fields / Alan Anderson
Rudy Gay / Linas Kleiza / Dominique McGuire
Andrea Bargnani / Amir Johnson / Quincy Acy
Jonas Val / Aaron Gray / Jon Leur

Solid.

That would be ideal for us. Maybe try to move Bargnani for someone like Millsap/Jefferson as well. Makes us an instant playoff team.
ballislife
Lead Assistant

Post#233 » by ballislife » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:55 am

What about something like Ed Davis and TRoss for Derrick Williams...

I think DWill would be a good compliment with our starting lineup. His offense would compliment Bargs because Bargs is always outside, and he can space the floor by hitting open threes. He'd be a good big SF to have. He can run the floors and jump out of the gym on fast breaks to.

Minnesota would get TRoss as their future SG - he fits they're team really well and has a big fan in Brandon Roy. He can shoot the three exceptionally and would be a good running mate with Rubio. Ed Davis is a backup PF (basically what they were using DWill for. He's a better fit on their team. He can spot start until Love gets back as well. I think that's a realistic trade for both sides.

Lowry
DeRozan
Williams
Bargnani
Valanciunas

That's a nice looking young team.
TPV
Senior
And1: 144

Post#234 » by TPV » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:59 am

Master Ze wrote:
TPV wrote:This trade would be done at the trade deadline, or ideally next summer when our draft position is determined under the following three conditions.

1) There's no way we're making the playoffs
2) Lowry is healthy
3) Bargnani is traded

To New Orleans

Kyle Lowry
Aaron Gray

To Toronto

Ryan Anderson
Austin Rivers

New Orleans gets a major upgrade from Grievis Vazquez at point guard. They have their franchise player and are able to fill out the rest of the starting lineup with quality players though it hurts to lose Anderson and Rivers.

Toronto receives a really good building block in Anderson and a young player in Rivers. They need to bottom out since a team with Lowry as their best player isn't going anywhere, and they'll likely have to pay him north of $12 million to convince him to stay after 2013.

Why do the Raptors go after Rivers whose only been a bust so far shooting 22%? Anderson is a good player but the team already has Val, Bargnani, Amir, and Davis under contract.

I think Anderson is the main prize of the deal (he's awesome, signed to a good contract and only 24 years old) and I mentioned that I'd only do the deal with Bargnani traded since there would be too much overlap with stretch power forwards on large contracts.

As for Rivers, he's a 20 year old rookie who isn't good now and may never be good (I don't like his skills on the basketball court right now). With that being said, he is not even 10 games into his NBA career. I was thinking to include Vazquez instead, but he pretty much is what he is - a mediocre point guard. I'd rather see if Rivers just needs experience and a chance to develop his game to become a good NBA player. If New Orleans were open to trading a guaranteed first round pick with say top 10 protection, I'd accept that ahead of Rivers.
Suga2Panda
Rookie
And1: 670

Post#235 » by Suga2Panda » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:54 am

blow this team up and tank for Wiggins
JunkYardSubs
General Manager
And1: 149

Post#236 » by JunkYardSubs » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:03 am

ballislife wrote:What about something like Ed Davis and TRoss for Derrick Williams...

I think DWill would be a good compliment with our starting lineup. His offense would compliment Bargs because Bargs is always outside, and he can space the floor by hitting open threes. He'd be a good big SF to have. He can run the floors and jump out of the gym on fast breaks to.

Minnesota would get TRoss as their future SG - he fits they're team really well and has a big fan in Brandon Roy. He can shoot the three exceptionally and would be a good running mate with Rubio. Ed Davis is a backup PF (basically what they were using DWill for. He's a better fit on their team. He can spot start until Love gets back as well. I think that's a realistic trade for both sides.

Lowry
DeRozan
Williams
Bargnani
Valanciunas

That's wayyyyy too much for a player who hasn't shown to better than even Ed Davis. Ross isn't some nobody. I would do Davis straight up.
Consequence
Lead Assistant
And1: 252

Post#237 » by Consequence » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:26 am

I have something super complicated cooking. Trade checker was not giving me a continue button with Harrington in, but I subbed in Big Baby's nearly identical contract. We take on a good amount of salary here to move Bargnani and Calderon.

Tor out:
Bargnani
Calderon

Tor in:
Milsap
Al Harrington
Jameer Nelson

Utah out:
Milsap
Raja Bell
Earl Watson

Utah in:
Calderon
JJ Redick

Orl out:
Redick
Nelson
Harrington

Orl in:
Bargnani
Watson
Bell

Why for Toronto:
Get a solid starting PF to replace Bargnani, get a high-end and highly-paid backup PG. Take on Harrington as penalty. Would hope for a follow-up move with Ed & Kleiza to clear the rotation.

Why for Utah:
They've been needing to move a vet big to give Kanter and Favors minutes, and this does that without adding future salary and keeps them competitive.

Why for Orlando:
Money saving. They use Redick's expiring/value to condense Nelson and Harrington's painful 2 years into just Bargnani's two years. Their PG spot sucks after this trade, and I'm not sure if they need a bit more here.

Thoughts?
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,293

Post#238 » by Crazy-Canuck » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:57 am

ballislife wrote:What about something like Ed Davis and TRoss for Derrick Williams...

Lowry
DeRozan
Williams
Bargnani
Valanciunas

I wouldnt give up Ross for DWill, let alone throw in Ed.
ballislife
Lead Assistant

Post#239 » by ballislife » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:10 am

I think Gallinari will become available with the way he and the Nuggets are playing...

Would you guys trade Calderon and Ross for him? It could work out well for both sides. Maybe we could try to grab Andre Miller as our backup PG, we'd have to add someone like Ed Davis or Amir (preferably Ed). I'd do that.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,413

Post#240 » by Rapsfan07 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:18 pm

ballislife wrote:I think Gallinari will become available with the way he and the Nuggets are playing...

Would you guys trade Calderon and Ross for him? It could work out well for both sides. Maybe we could try to grab Andre Miller as our backup PG, we'd have to add someone like Ed Davis or Amir (preferably Ed). I'd do that.

In a mofo heartbeat.

Return to Toronto Raptors