ImageImageImageImageImage

#Tradebargnani

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,522

Re: #Tradebargnani 

Post#41 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:52 pm

Bargnani for Okafor, who says no. Washington gets a scorer and a decent fit for their lineup. Toronto gets a useable defensive player who's an expiring in 2013-2014
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#42 » by gerrit4 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:52 pm

If this becomes a trend around the league, it probably doesn't help his trade value. So oddly enough, if this really catches on, it will probably make it even less likely that he gets traded.
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#43 » by gerrit4 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:53 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:Bargnani for Okafor, who says no. Washington gets a scorer and a decent fit for their lineup. Toronto gets a useable defensive player who's an expiring in 2013-2014

Other than the fact that Okafor is a terrible defensive player, he's just a good shotblocker.
-InFeRnO-
Rookie
And1: 174

Post#44 » by -InFeRnO- » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:55 pm

lmao the RaptorsPR guy is getting annihilated right now
WigginsNation
Analyst
And1: 1,389

Post#45 » by WigginsNation » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:56 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:Bargnani for Okafor, who says no. Washington gets a scorer and a decent fit for their lineup. Toronto gets a useable defensive player who's an expiring in 2013-2014

Good for both sides. But if we could squeeze Nene instead, that would be better
fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#46 » by fredericklove » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:56 pm

Phalosopher wrote:
fredericklove wrote:Not sure if this will work but we need to design a realgm team with maximum of 300 posters wearing realgm shirts at the ACC, specific target and objective are to boo Andrea everytime he touches the ball. That is so much better.

Another pre-puberty commentary from the prince of pre-puberty commentary :nonono:

Ah I see, a Bargnani fanboy.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,213

Post#47 » by niQ » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:59 pm

While I am all for it... Should've sold him high after his 34 point game. Who's going to want him after this atrocious game?
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,522

Post#48 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:59 pm

gerrit4 wrote:

Other than the fact that Okafor is a terrible defensive player, he's just a good shotblocker.

Okafor is smart positionally. His main problem is he's one of the worst offensive players in the league. He's a "Dude, don't even try to pass it to that guy" player

So basically he's inverse Bargnani. He's good defensively (but not elite) and horribad offensively, while Bargs is good but not elite offensively but horribad defensively
JackedFinancier
Starter
And1: 3,902

Post#49 » by JackedFinancier » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:00 am

gerrit4 wrote:If this becomes a trend around the league, it probably doesn't help his trade value. So oddly enough, if this really catches on, it will probably make it even less likely that he gets traded.

Disagreed. The numbers don't lie. Neither do the 3-4 years that these GMs have seen him play for. He has some value. I mean, the guy ideally is a serviceable big man off the bench who can provide you with an instant spark of offence. He can also sometimes shoot you into games and provide you with solid scoring. The fact is though, it's how he is being utilized here in Toronto. If Bargnani was coming off the bench for the Raptors, It would be a much different story. The problem is how much he is getting paid - we'll probably have to take back some hefty contracts for him, but if the talent is coming our way - we should pull the trigger.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,269

Post#50 » by Yuri Vaultin » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:02 am

fredericklove wrote:
Phalosopher wrote:
fredericklove wrote:Not sure if this will work but we need to design a realgm team with maximum of 300 posters wearing realgm shirts at the ACC, specific target and objective are to boo Andrea everytime he touches the ball. That is so much better.

Another pre-puberty commentary from the prince of pre-puberty commentary :nonono:

Ah I see, a Bargnani fanboy.

Both of you cut it out.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
WalterCronkite
Rookie
And1: 106

Post#51 » by WalterCronkite » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:08 am

Why in the hell does anyone think that B.C. will make a knee jerk reaction to a twitter trend. He will do what he wants, not what random people want him to do.
Yoga
Banned User
And1: 83

Post#52 » by Yoga » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:10 am

I have a twitter account that I don't use at all. I would trend this but I am about to delete my twitter and also my pinterest as well
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#53 » by Phenomenologist » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:14 am

WalterCronkite wrote:Why in the hell does anyone think that B.C. will make a knee jerk reaction to a twitter trend. He will do what he wants, not what random people want him to do.

The will of the people is the supreme law.
Snooch
Banned User
And1: 1,027

Post#54 » by Snooch » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:18 am

Rapsalot wrote:@ Snooch. BCknows the value of players???! Is there any other GM that give Fields his contract?

Sorry your misguided.

trade wise.

bc usually makes pretty decent trades, at least for the short term.

but definately outbids himself for player services.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#55 » by Alfred » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:18 am

Snooch wrote:
Rapsalot wrote:@ Snooch. BCknows the value of players???! Is there any other GM that give Fields his contract?

Sorry your misguided.

trade wise.

What would you say was a good Bryan Colangelo trade?
Yoga
Banned User
And1: 83

Post#56 » by Yoga » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:20 am

Denver needs a 6th man, 3 pt shooting, a 7 footer who can score......Bargnani has all of that.....I have said this for the last month, we can get something decent from them
Snooch
Banned User

Post#57 » by Snooch » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:20 am

Waylon Mercy wrote:
Snooch wrote:Has nothing to do with bargnani as a person, as an athlete as a performer in todays game.

First off:

like anyone in a position to do anything is going to listen to a bunch of people on twitter to make a business decision. Might as well picket the game if you want to really make a difference. If you're going to do it, do it **** right. cost the organization money, of course then you run the risk of the raptors not being profitable in the current location but oh well, the guys will be moved.

Secondly:\
People seriously need to evalute what constitues being a fan, and the impact that has throughout the league. All this nonsense being put out there only make the fanbase, to an outside, look like a hostile place. jeez, even the nyk fans dont try to run players out of town, and show support as long as they are wearing jersey. Dont think for one second that players dont talk to others, they dont see this twatter crap etc. I for one want people to think the raps organization and fanbase is great, not so condescending and what have you done for me lately.

I hope when Bargnani gets traded you go with him

why?

because I find the pissing, moaning and general discontent against the team/players in such a juvenile way a detriment to the fanbase as a whole?

or is it that i support factual representations of thought and opinions to be presented in a more civilized structure as opposed to the low brow, lowest common denominator, knee-jerk lunacy that constitues most of the posts flooding the forum?

I support no player, only the team. I would not shed a tear for any player to be traded away, released. including not only only Bargnani, Jose, Demar, BC, Casey etc....... just as long as it is for the continued improvement that me as a supporter both in regards to entertainment and financially.
Loso04
Pro Prospect
And1: 239

Post#58 » by Loso04 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:22 am

SIMPLY UNACCEPTABLE

First it was the fourth quarter. Then it was overtime. Then it was double overtime. Andrea Bargnani was throwing up shots — shots that were generally in the flow of the offence — and they were rimming out. There are lots of things to hammer Bargnani for, but the shots he was taking in the Toronto Raptors’ heartbreaking loss to the San Antonio Spurs do not make the list.

The reality was, though, that he could not make a shot to save his life. He finished 2 for 19 on the day, making just one of his final 13. Meanwhile, Ed Davis was having a career day, with 15 points and 14 rebounds in just 22 minutes of action. And yet, as Bargnani continued to ingest far more than his recommended daily dose of iron, he stayed on the floor.

“Andrea is not going to go 2 for 19 very many times this season,” Raptors coach Dwane Casey said after the 111-106 loss. “The other night [in Detroit] he couldn’t miss. I’m going to ride with him come hell or high water.”

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/11/ ... e-victory/
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#59 » by Phenomenologist » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:28 am

Snooch wrote:
Waylon Mercy wrote:
Snooch wrote:Has nothing to do with bargnani as a person, as an athlete as a performer in todays game.

First off:

like anyone in a position to do anything is going to listen to a bunch of people on twitter to make a business decision. Might as well picket the game if you want to really make a difference. If you're going to do it, do it **** right. cost the organization money, of course then you run the risk of the raptors not being profitable in the current location but oh well, the guys will be moved.

Secondly:\
People seriously need to evalute what constitues being a fan, and the impact that has throughout the league. All this nonsense being put out there only make the fanbase, to an outside, look like a hostile place. jeez, even the nyk fans dont try to run players out of town, and show support as long as they are wearing jersey. Dont think for one second that players dont talk to others, they dont see this twatter crap etc. I for one want people to think the raps organization and fanbase is great, not so condescending and what have you done for me lately.

I hope when Bargnani gets traded you go with him

why?

because I find the pissing, moaning and general discontent against the team/players in such a juvenile way a detriment to the fanbase as a whole?

or is it that i support factual representations of thought and opinions to be presented in a more civilized structure as opposed to the low brow, lowest common denominator, knee-jerk lunacy that constitues most of the posts flooding the forum?

I support no player, only the team. I would not shed a tear for any player to be traded away, released. including not only only Bargnani, Jose, Demar, BC, Casey etc....... just as long as it is for the continued improvement that me as a supporter both in regards to entertainment and financially.

Seriously, grizzled, we know it's you.
Snooch
Banned User

Post#60 » by Snooch » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:28 am

Alfred wrote:
Snooch wrote:

Sorry your misguided.

trade wise.

What would you say was a good Bryan Colangelo trade?

Hedo for barbosa.

Hump for garbage

Gwetting JJ

Getting Lowry

Geting Peja(expiring and Bayless)

getting weems and amir

i wqas pretty happy with the wright trade at the time

was happy getting bellinelli

getting evans

of course there was some serious stinkers in there too, but if could move Hedo he can move \bargnani, Jose etc.

Return to Toronto Raptors