ImageImageImageImageImage

FireBC.com - (MLSE Comments on his future - Pg 33)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Narjee
Senior
And1: 627

Re: FireBC.com - GET INVOLVED NOW! (Facebook Group live Pg 2 

Post#441 » by Narjee » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Everyday I visit RealGM hoping I will see a Wiretap:

1) That Bryan Colangelo is fired
2) Bargnani is no longer a Raptor (traded/waived).

The gods can't be this cruel, maybe one day they will have mercy upon us?
Yoga
Banned User
And1: 83

Post#442 » by Yoga » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:44 pm

Edit - Duke
KingAmmar
Banned User
And1: 12

Post#443 » by KingAmmar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:43 pm

I havent really posted in this thread in some time, because I realized that most of the people showing their displeasure with Colangelo here were basically keyboard warriors. Many of them contacted me about trying to go downtown and doing something infront of the ACC, but all their messages were basically they couldnt make it in person, but would provide support "online". :-?

Anyways, this below post stood out to me as something legitimately dumbfounding:

V wrote:Do you guys actually think that this stupid, unprofessional website is going to garner any attention among the board members?? Do you actually think BCs day to day job is just to make the team better? He has a heap of other duties as a GM and prez. As long as he is bringing in the money, he is fine. Just because 100 of you 'fans' are irate, it won't make a dent in Rogers/Bells plans to keep or dump BC.

I couldn't care less if he is here or there. I endured all of the regimes from the start. In actuality, when the team is losing there is a lot more to talk about and compare/hypothesize. So I don't mind having him around. It gives me something to talk about among my friends.

If you truly are done with this team if he gets resigned, no one is going to cry a tear here..

Two things stood out to me.
One - this guy likes the fact that the Raptors are losing, because there is something to talk about with his friends. :lol: Some masochistic thinking here.
Two - This dude assumes that the professionalism of the FireBC site is what will convince Board members to fire/extend Colangelo. :roll: The entire purpose was around giving our fellow Raps fans a place to rally against the perpetual mediocrity we find ourselves in, as well as providing contact info to contact people who actually have a say on things. That is, use the power of the people to contact the higher ups in charge. We could take the approach of spending $10,000 for a professional web design instead of rallying the fans, but that's not really any more effective.

People who are content with a losing team are the sole reason why the suits in MLSE dont feel the need to improve the Raps. In the game against San Antonio, at one point I think we had John Lucas, Alan Anderson, and Landry Fields on the floor as our backcourt. A friend of mine (who is a casual NBA fan) was like "who are these guys??" I was like...dont bother. lol.

I'm pretty sure activity to tank and FireBC will pick up again now that Jonas is out.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,538

Post#444 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:57 pm

One thing that worries me is the possibility that BC personally impresses a number of the board members or that they're smitten with him. The Wizards board is convinced that Grunfield continues to have his job because he and the Wiz owner (Ted Leonisis) are BFF. I hope it's not a similar situation with BC
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,350

Re: FireBC.com - Online now. GET INVOLVED! (UPDATED PG 10) 

Post#445 » by Randle McMurphy » Fri Jan 4, 2013 3:49 pm

_NYK_ wrote:I'm a Kansas City Chiefs fan and we currently have our own movement to fire Scott Pioli.

It has been very successful. Some of the things that worked for us and possibly things you guys can use....

1. The movement's website is a facebook page. (http://www.saveourchiefs.com) Has over 18k likes and is very active. I would suggest making a facebook page and get as many likes as you can to spread the word.

2. Twitter account with over 92k followers (@saveourchiefs). It tweets out facts that condemn Pioli and his overall ineptness, among other things. SOC has contacted Newspaper writers, radio stations and TV stations about the movement. SOC has been written about, the founders have done numerous radio spots and we have been featured on several News stations. Twitter also allows you to have easy access to contacting members of the media to get the word out. Bill Simmons, Jason Whitlock, and many more have mentioned and supported SOC, thus giving us great exposure.

3. We have raised over $6,300. This money was used to fly banners above Arrowhead stadium advertising the movement, calling for Pioli's firing/Matt Cassel's benching and also organized a blackout for one of the home games. All three things have been successful and brought attention to our displeasure.

4. Used the raised money to also print out thousands of flyers and handed them out before one of the home games. The front had Fire Pioli and the back was a list of facts about the ineptness of the organization under Pioli. Much like the Colangelo blunders part of your website. The signs were all over the place and security also tried to confiscate them when they weren't legally allowed to, thus causing quite the controversy and more exposure for the movement.

5. Get the media's attention. It's crucial for exposure. We made our voices heard and the owner on down to the players all know about the movement and hopefully at the end of the year, Mr. Hunt (owner) listens to us and does the right thing. You guys can make a difference. We did. Good luck!

Here's one of the news videos that covered our movement.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wfMGiDCtWc[/youtube]

And after just four seasons (and only two of missing the playoffs), Scott Pioli has been fired by the Chiefs seemingly in no small part due to the major fan revolt and public pressure against him.

Meanwhile, Colangelo continues on further into year 7 of his terrible reign, with the FireBC movement becoming increasingly forgotten by the fans as this team wins a few meaningless games against poor competition to turn an awful season into just another bad one. Feels like we've been here before on this hopeless treadmill.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
DellCurry4Life
Junior
And1: 211

Post#446 » by DellCurry4Life » Fri Jan 4, 2013 4:23 pm

Randle McMurphy wrote:
_NYK_ wrote:I'm a Kansas City Chiefs fan and we currently have our own movement to fire Scott Pioli.

It has been very successful. Some of the things that worked for us and possibly things you guys can use....

1. The movement's website is a facebook page. (http://www.saveourchiefs.com) Has over 18k likes and is very active. I would suggest making a facebook page and get as many likes as you can to spread the word.

2. Twitter account with over 92k followers (@saveourchiefs). It tweets out facts that condemn Pioli and his overall ineptness, among other things. SOC has contacted Newspaper writers, radio stations and TV stations about the movement. SOC has been written about, the founders have done numerous radio spots and we have been featured on several News stations. Twitter also allows you to have easy access to contacting members of the media to get the word out. Bill Simmons, Jason Whitlock, and many more have mentioned and supported SOC, thus giving us great exposure.

3. We have raised over $6,300. This money was used to fly banners above Arrowhead stadium advertising the movement, calling for Pioli's firing/Matt Cassel's benching and also organized a blackout for one of the home games. All three things have been successful and brought attention to our displeasure.

4. Used the raised money to also print out thousands of flyers and handed them out before one of the home games. The front had Fire Pioli and the back was a list of facts about the ineptness of the organization under Pioli. Much like the Colangelo blunders part of your website. The signs were all over the place and security also tried to confiscate them when they weren't legally allowed to, thus causing quite the controversy and more exposure for the movement.

5. Get the media's attention. It's crucial for exposure. We made our voices heard and the owner on down to the players all know about the movement and hopefully at the end of the year, Mr. Hunt (owner) listens to us and does the right thing. You guys can make a difference. We did. Good luck!

And after just four seasons (and only two of missing the playoffs), Scott Pioli has been fired by the Chiefs seemingly in no small part due to the major fan revolt and public pressure against him.

Meanwhile, Colangelo continues on further into year 7 of his terrible reign, with the FireBC movement becoming increasingly forgotten by the fans as this team wins a few meaningless games against poor competition to turn an awful season into just another bad one. Feels like we've been here before on this hopeless treadmill.

He was fired because Andy Reid wants control when making roster decisions, and is bringing his own GM.
MrBojangelz71
Banned User
And1: 929

Post#447 » by MrBojangelz71 » Fri Jan 4, 2013 4:28 pm

T Ross
Val
Ed
Demar

Thanks BC, keep on drafting solid picks! Not sure why we want him gone?
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#448 » by Wo1verine » Fri Jan 4, 2013 4:51 pm

DellCurry4Life wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:

He was fired because Andy Reid wants control when making roster decisions, and is bringing his own GM.

And without the fans putting pressure on the organization to make a change, do they even go after Andy Reid? Fans wanted Pioli gone, and thank goodness for them they got what they asked for! Now KC Chiefs fan have something to look forward to in the future! I can't WAIT for our turn!
BrunoSkull
ReggieSlater
Starter
And1: 873

Post#449 » by ReggieSlater » Fri Jan 4, 2013 5:04 pm

KingAmmar wrote:One - this guy likes the fact that the Raptors are losing, because there is something to talk about with his friends. Some masochistic thinking here.

Isn't this what the FireBC people want? To lose more games? We win games and it's BCs fault for putting us on the treadmill. We lose games and it's BCs fault for putting together a bad roster. You guys are completely clueless and your website is a waste of time.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#450 » by Randle McMurphy » Fri Jan 4, 2013 5:04 pm

DellCurry4Life wrote:He was fired because Andy Reid wants control when making roster decisions, and is bringing his own GM.

Yeah, hiring Andy Reid had nothing to do with the past years of failure under Pioli, 2-14 season in 2012 and the fanbase completely turning on the organization I guess.
Randle McMurphy
RealGM

Post#451 » by Randle McMurphy » Fri Jan 4, 2013 5:17 pm

MrBojangelz71 wrote:Not sure why we want him gone?

Apart his lack of any sort of coherent plan from season to season, his team-building process of putting faith in and giving bad contracts out to overrated, one-dimensional players, his aspirations of treadmill-like mediocrity, and his completely driving the organization into the ground over the last seven years as the Raptors have become one of the most embarrassing/poor performing/irrelevant teams in sports, I really don't know.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#452 » by Geddy » Fri Jan 4, 2013 7:29 pm

It's ok Randle, don't you see that the rest of us are too negative and lack patience. We should be happy at 12-20, and with all the past losing seasons. BC is infallible and he knows what he is doing. This young core will lead us to the promise land like the past teams that BC has assembled.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
Scase
RealGM
And1: 7,292

Post#453 » by Scase » Fri Jan 4, 2013 7:36 pm

Geddy wrote:It's ok Randle, don't you see that the rest of us are too negative and lack patience. We should be happy at 12-20, and with all the past losing seasons. BC is infallible and he knows what he is doing. This young core will lead us to the promise land like the past teams that BC has assembled.

Didn't you know building a winning team takes time? Next year we might be .430!!!
Props TZ!
West Rouge
Banned User
And1: 324

Post#454 » by West Rouge » Fri Jan 4, 2013 7:37 pm

Geddy wrote:It's ok Randle, don't you see that the rest of us are too negative and lack patience. We should be happy at 12-20, and with all the past losing seasons. BC is infallible and he knows what he is doing. This young core will lead us to the promise land like the past teams that BC has assembled.

Thanks Geddy for clearing it up. I guess we should all accept the fact people at the top who get paid well should not be held accountable. Bend over, cheer and be happy
Chaos Engine
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,244

Post#455 » by Chaos Engine » Fri Jan 4, 2013 9:33 pm

What has BC done to garner such loyalty among the posters here? Its not like he's Joe Dumars, who has won his team a championship as a player and GM, and some fans still believe in him. He's lead us nowhere and has us stuck in a circle of mediocrity. Is it his silver tongue and politician like demeanor?

The team is 12-20 and now some posters want to re-sign him and let him continue his "plan". Makes me confused. Casey can stay, but BC is priority number uno to go.
TheRealMacDaddy
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#456 » by TheRealMacDaddy » Sat Jan 5, 2013 2:23 am

this website is such a joke. run by some type of people who know nothing about basketball (take that as you will).

and the site looks like its made by a 12 year old on geocities.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#457 » by J-Roc » Sat Jan 5, 2013 2:35 am

Losing the the Kings at home. FIRE BC!!!
changes
Head Coach
And1: 9,124

Post#458 » by changes » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:22 am

Fire this clown. Worst GM in the league.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#459 » by Mehar » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:37 am

It is funny how a few wins erases 7 years of mediocrity courtesy of Colangelo. My only hope is that this team wins enough games so that OKC gets a draft pick around the 10-12 range. I hope after 5 years of missed playoffs, MLSE would have the fortitude to fire Colangelo and all of his Yes Men. Casey can go too, since he is nothing special. Casey was the reason this team missed out on Damien Lillard last draft, since two more losses we would be picking 4th. Lillard would have been

unbelievable in Toronto, and our PG for the next decade. Thanks again Casey for going 6-8 down the stretch last year, when every other team was tanking. Sadly, Colangelo did not have the balls to tell Casey last year to start Solomon Alabi alongside Magloire (the approach that i was advocating). Due to us missing out on Lillard, we had to sacrifice our pick next year for Lowry. Anyways, what is done is done, but Colangelo needs to walk the plank after this year. A few wins should not erase 7 years of a poor track record.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#460 » by Throwback24 » Sat Jan 5, 2013 3:38 am

^ Quoted for truth.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.

Return to Toronto Raptors