ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: KG insults Melo's wife - Melo goes to C's locker room

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

fatal9
Bench Warmer
And1: 543

Re: OT: KG insults Melo's wife - Melo goes to C's locker roo 

Post#121 » by fatal9 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:48 pm

6/26 shooting and taking lots of bad shots in trying to respond to the trash talk, then standing around after the loss in the freezing cold to get a word in and maybe now facing a fine or suspension. KG wins.
James_Raptors
RealGM
And1: 10,825

Post#122 » by James_Raptors » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:50 pm

KG in recent years reminds me of Sean Avery (hockey).
Trash talking happens in sports and in Garnett's case, it's a tactic he regularly uses.
Doing so doesn't make him tough or weak.Melo fell for KG's trap and let his emotions get the better of him.
08-14-'21:
(re: Scottie Barnes)
-Top 3 Raptors of all-time, 5+ ASG, Min 1 All-NBA 1st /2nd,Min 3 All-Def 1st or 2nd team,between years 2-3 in the running for best current player on our roster,best Raptor on the team, multiple years in a row

RIP Hater
D-BE-LAW
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#123 » by D-BE-LAW » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:52 pm

So, just because KG would most likely not assault someone in real life makes him a fake tough guy? If someone got in his grill he knock them the **** out.
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#124 » by Big Shot » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:56 pm

Well, I guess Melo will call KG's mom a whore next time. :P
D-BE-LAW
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#125 » by D-BE-LAW » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:57 pm

well isn't it basically the same as a yo-mama joke lolollllllllllllllll carmelo needs to calm down. KG would murk him in 2 secs.
MrJordanXI
Banned User
And1: 40

Post#126 » by MrJordanXI » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:58 pm

Wow, some of y'all are crazy.

I'd love to see how you guys would act if you were playing ball on national television or at the local gym and an opposing player was calling out your wife, mom, kid, or illness etc. Where's the line? KG is notorious for being a punk... point is he would never talk this ish outside of a game because he knows he doesn't have the benefit of cameras, the crowd and teammates etc to hold the other person back. The true definition of soft. Like little kids on Call of Duty yelling out the N Bomb but wouldn't dare talk that ish in the real world. SOFT. There are CLEAR lines in what should be acceptable in trash talking whether it be in a pick up game at the Y or in the NBA... and talking about a man's family or illness is definitely a step too far. No way in hell he pulls this foolery in a pickup game at Rucker Park or even the local Y... he'd get his face smashed in. I don't mind the trash talking, but whether you want to argue whether or not there is etiquette when trash talking is another story. He's like the king of low blows and there should be NO respect for that whether or not they won the game or got in his head. I got it, a lot of you aren't big Melo fans and the Knicks lost the game... but a man's respect and honour for your wife hold a lot more weight in my books.

And please refrain from the "I trash talk my about my buddy's wife all the time"... that's a little different as it was pretty obvious they aren't buddies. It's blatant disrespect... athlete, millionaire or not. Don't believe me? Try talking that type of stuff at your next pick up game.
West Rouge
Banned User
And1: 324

Post#127 » by West Rouge » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:58 pm

Big Shot wrote:Well, I guess Melo will call KG's mom a whore next time. :P

Im sure he wont cry like Melo. Should make for a great series if they meet in the Playoffs
SDM
RealGM
And1: 951

Post#128 » by SDM » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:00 pm

MrJordanXI wrote:Wow, some of y'all are crazy.

I'd love to see how you guys would act if you were playing ball on national television or at the local gym and an opposing player was calling out your wife, mom, kid, or illness etc. Where's the line? KG is notorious for being a punk... point is he would never talk this ish outside of a game because he knows he doesn't have the benefit of cameras, the crowd and teammates etc to hold the other person back. The true definition of soft. Like little kids on Call of Duty yelling out the N Bomb but wouldn't dare talk that ish in the real world. SOFT. There are CLEAR lines in what should be acceptable in trash talking whether it be in a pick up game at the Y or in the NBA... and talking about a man's family or illness is definitely a step too far. No way in hell he pulls this foolery in a pickup game at Rucker Park or even the local Y... he'd get his face smashed in. I don't mind the trash talking, but whether you want to argue whether or not there is etiquette when trash talking is another story. He's like the king of low blows and there should be NO respect for that whether or not they won the game or got in his head. I got it, a lot of you aren't big Melo fans and the Knicks lost the game... but a man's respect and honour for your wife hold a lot more weight in my books.

And please refrain from the "I trash talk my about my buddy's wife all the time"... that's a little different as it was pretty obvious they aren't buddies. It's blatant disrespect... athlete, millionaire or not.

You know, it's really not all that hard to not give a **** about what people think unless you specifically ask them or are interested in their opinions. Melo's a baby. He does not have a right to not be disrespected. No one does.

He also has no reason to insult anyone outside of the context of a game, so yeah, not sure why KG not doing it at the Y is important.
Norma Wick
Junior
And1: 97

Post#129 » by Norma Wick » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:07 pm

honey nut cheerios are delicious

but seriously, melo got off easy,

compared to dissing Tim Duncans dead mother, calling Charlie V a cancer patient, etc

"You know the sad thing about surprises? It never comes when you expect it" - Jr. Smith
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,055

Re: OT: Melo Went to C's Locker room to fight KG 

Post#130 » by carlosey » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:09 pm

Sohogrand wrote:lol i think your logic is flawed.. if the goal is to win basketball games then KG's trolling has a point. He mindraped Melo and Melo folded and played poorly. If confronting KG and "calling him out" somehow causes the other team to win then you have a point.. If KG kept getting submitted or Ko'd in the ufc then ppl could laugh at how not tough he is. But he won and Melo lost.

KG does far more than just a little trash talk. I have to assume that your "logic" is that sports should not be based on sportsmanslike competition. If youre going to act like a tough man, you cant go hiding behind sportsmanship and the strategy of the game to avoid confrontation. I mean you can, but that means youre a total puss like KG.
PRESTIGE
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,152
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

Post#131 » by PRESTIGE » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:11 pm

Most of us would be pissed off if somebody made an insulting comment about our wife/family members at any point in time. Now imagine you're playing a physical basketball game, emotions are high, nerves are on edge, AND somebody made a comment like that to you. Its understandable that Melo reacted the way he did. I've nearly been involved in altercations on the court without the other person saying anything, let alone him insulting someone in my family to my face.

Melo stood up for himself and I respect that.
MrJordanXI
Banned User

Post#132 » by MrJordanXI » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:16 pm

SDM wrote:You know, it's really not all that hard to not give a **** about what people think unless you specifically ask them or are interested in their opinions. Melo's a baby. He does not have a right to not be disrespected. No one does.

He also has no reason to insult anyone outside of the context of a game, so yeah, not sure why KG not doing it at the Y is important.

So I suppose when a person blatently disrespects somebody you love... you magically channel the temperment of Jesus himself and turn the cheek?

And the example of the Y is important... it means he's a fake ass thug who'd talk junk when he knows there'll be NO consequence for it (based on the environment). It's like going to a prison and talking tough to a killer behind bars... coward. I hope one day somebody really puts him in his place... years of KG having this 'tough guy' persona based on him spewing tasteless low blows with the protection of bright lights and large fines. I'm more upset about the 'cancer patient' trash talking than Melo's situation... but hey, I guess in your books... it's open season on family, kids, illness, diseases, the deceased etc when playing basketball. Where is the line? Like I said, try it at your next pickup game with someone you're not friends with... let me know how that goes.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,439

Post#133 » by Tha Cynic » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:17 pm

West Rouge wrote:For a guy that makes millions and has a hot wife (up for debate) why would you lose your mind over some name calling and verbal abuse.

Proves how much of a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) Melo is. Its like high school chit. KG is the man, Melo is a boy

And I'm guessing if you had a wife and someone made a similar comment about her, you would smile and say thank you? I wonder how your wife would look at you after that.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
david5773
Banned User
And1: 94

Post#134 » by david5773 » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:18 pm

@AlexKennedyNBA: A few years ago, Kevin Garnett was talking trash to Dwight Howard. He said some crazy stuff. Dwight started cracking up, and KG was furious
Sohogrand
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#135 » by Sohogrand » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:18 pm

MrJordanXI wrote:Wow, some of y'all are crazy.

And please refrain from the "I trash talk my about my buddy's wife all the time"... that's a little different as it was pretty obvious they aren't buddies. It's blatant disrespect... athlete, millionaire or not. Don't believe me? Try talking that type of stuff at your next pick up game.

Are you for real? Did you play sports in highschool? People talk trash about everything from race, gender, your mother etc.. But if you win thats all that matters.. if you let them get to you then they own your mind..
Sohogrand
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#136 » by Sohogrand » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:20 pm

david5773 wrote:
@AlexKennedyNBA: A few years ago, Kevin Garnett was talking trash to Dwight Howard. He said some crazy stuff. Dwight started cracking up, and KG was furious

This x10000 thats how you beat KG at his own game.
MrJordanXI
Banned User

Post#137 » by MrJordanXI » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:20 pm

Norma Wick wrote:honey nut cheerios are delicious

but seriously, melo got off easy,

compared to dissing Tim Duncans dead mother, calling Charlie V a cancer patient, etc

Did he really call out Duncan's dead mother????!!! KG is a $#!@ing punk.

How long do you think KG would last at Rucker park talking about a guy's dead mother? Exactly he wouldn't dare. That's why he's a punk.
SDM
RealGM

Post#138 » by SDM » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:23 pm

MrJordanXI wrote:
SDM wrote:You know, it's really not all that hard to not give a **** about what people think unless you specifically ask them or are interested in their opinions. Melo's a baby. He does not have a right to not be disrespected. No one does.

So I suppose when a person blatently disrespects somebody you love... you magically channel the temperment of Jesus himself and turn the cheek?

And the example of the Y is important... it means he's a fake ass thug who'd talk junk when he knows there'll be NO consequence for it (based on the environment). It's like going to a prison and talking tough to a killer behind bars... coward. I hope one day somebody really puts him in his place... years of KG having this 'tough guy' persona based on him spewing tasteless low blows with the protection of bright lights and large fines. I'm more upset about the 'cancer patient' trash talking than Melo's situation... but hey, I guess in your books... it's open season on family, kids, illness, diseases, the deceased etc when playing basketball. Where is the line? Like I said, try it at your next pickup game with someone you're not friends with... let me know how that goes.

When someone blatantly disrespects someone I love, I determine, quickly, if I actually care about what they're saying and whether it has any short, medium, or long term ramifications on my life. The answer to that is no. Once you realize that the world sucks and people suck, your expectations will be so lowered that anything positive surprises you. It's a fantastic way to live and I highly recommend it versus being a millionaire, grown-ass man trying to fight a guy because he said your wife tasted like a rather bland breakfast cereal.

And you're also speculating about the Y thing. He knows Melo. They may not be friends, but he knows him. He probably also knows how to push his buttons. I personally won't insult someone when playing pickup, but that's because I'm not an a-hole. KG is one, but as I said, Melo has no godgiven right to not be in the presence of an a-hole who likes to talk trash. But he does have full, total control of his extremities and his outburst makes him look like a widdle baby. We've already established that KG is totally fine with looking like an a-hole and it's something his competitors will have to learn to deal with. You can laugh at him like D12, you can challenge him on the spot like Calderon, or you can be a widdle baby like Melo.
MrJordanXI
Banned User

Post#139 » by MrJordanXI » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:27 pm

Sohogrand wrote:Are you for real? Did you play sports in highschool? People talk trash about everything from race, gender, your mother etc.. But if you win thats all that matters.. if you let them get to you then they own your mind..

Umm yeah, I did play ball highschool and in several leagues growing up... and in a game I wasn't in but watching a guy called another guy the N Bomb and the place nearly erupted into a riot when the guy who was called the N Bomb kept repeating what the other guy said.

There are lines in trash talking buddy... like I said, go to your local community centre.. play a game with some strangers and call out a person's illness, or mother or whatever you'd consider to be a low blow. See what happens.
SDM
RealGM

Post#140 » by SDM » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:30 pm

There are no lines in trash talk, there is no definitive "this is too much" moment. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Return to Toronto Raptors