ImageImageImageImageImage

Enough is enough with Anderson

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,245

Re: Enough is enough with Anderson 

Post#141 » by ForeverTFC » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:54 pm

J-Roc wrote:Have I not made myself clear over the years. BC has to be fired. This whole situation is a joke. We finally draft a real C, to go along with a glut of PF's, but now our team wants to play Miami Heat small ball. That's why Casey stick AA out there, because he can handle the ball.

Half our front court is injured .
What does Casey going small have to do with BC?

I fail to follow your logic here...

J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#142 » by J-Roc » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:58 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:I fail to follow your logic here...

Not surprised at all. But hey, we beat the Lakers and played with the Heat. Logic says....
Agimat
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,892

Post#143 » by Agimat » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:01 pm

sweetcity wrote:If Anderson hit two of those shots in OT no one would be complaining. The blame should be on DeRozan not on AA. At least AA had the balls to take the shots and miss, DeRozan didnt, just like he has proven his entire career

This, AA can make those shots and him being aggressive provided us some wins but last night was a lil bit more selfish of him to chucked it up 4 straight times.
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#144 » by Big Shot » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:04 pm

Spacing wrote:
Big Shot wrote:
I couldn't disagree more. AA is a NBA caliber player but just not a starter you'd like to have on your team. He is a very serviceable 6th man typed player. It won't take long to realize that if you watch the games.

What? If you watched the games you would realize ....

85% of his shots are jump shots where he is shooting 33% from the field and most are long range contested jumpers. When he does decide to drive the ball it's almost like the mafia told him not to pass or they will kill his family and he will go straight into double team expecting a Kobe call.

He NEVER passes ... let's get that straight. He doesn't make the team better.

If you look at 6th mans that are certified chuckers, their teams suck. If you look at 6th mans who actually make the second unit better by playing in a role outside of just a jump shooter they are usually winning teams.

Jamal Crawford, Kevin Martin, Jerryd Bayless, Ray Allen, etc.

No more "mans", please!

Enough is enough.

Btw, isn't Crawford a player labeled as a chucker throughout his career? If you call AA a chucker, at least you can call him a chucker with defense. Last I checked, Martin doesn't play much defense. Bayless is a player I like but not exactly in the same role. Why compare AA with Allen, a future HOF?
Spacing
Banned User
And1: 2,252

Post#145 » by Spacing » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Big Shot wrote:
Spacing wrote:
Big Shot wrote:
I couldn't disagree more. AA is a NBA caliber player but just not a starter you'd like to have on your team. He is a very serviceable 6th man typed player. It won't take long to realize that if you watch the games.

What? If you watched the games you would realize ....

85% of his shots are jump shots where he is shooting 33% from the field and most are long range contested jumpers. When he does decide to drive the ball it's almost like the mafia told him not to pass or they will kill his family and he will go straight into double team expecting a Kobe call.

If you look at 6th mans that are certified chuckers, their teams suck. If you look at 6th mans who actually make the second unit better by playing in a role outside of just a jump shooter they are usually winning teams.

Jamal Crawford, Kevin Martin, Jerryd Bayless, Ray Allen, etc.

No more "mans", please!

Enough is enough.

Btw, isn't Crawford a player labeled as a chucker throughout his career? If you call AA a chucker, at least you can call him a chucker with defense. Last I checked, Martin doesn't play much defense. Bayless is a player I like but not exactly in the same role. Why compare AA with Allen, a future HOF?

Thanks for replying to what I wrote about instead of using your own agenda

I said look at the 6th men on winning teams, I didn't say to look at the few years where they were young and chucked.

Martin's role on OKC is to be a spot-up shooter, when he gets the ball they are usual wide open looks, he's not forcing his shots like AA.

Kevin Martin when he played for SAC he was oft-injured but when he wasn't he was efficient.

Ray Allen is a HOF'er but he has adjusted to his role of not being a focal point on the offensive end and has brought value to his team as a 6th man.

and so on and so forth....
Big Shot
Analyst
And1: 690

Post#146 » by Big Shot » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:41 pm

Spacing wrote:
Big Shot wrote:
Spacing wrote:

Thanks for replying to what I wrote about instead of using your own agenda

If there's an agenda, nothing could indicate more than what you wrote above. You basically said something which wasn't even close to the truth.
Left Side Drive
Head Coach
And1: 4,143

Post#147 » by Left Side Drive » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:50 pm

Look Alan Anderson isn't as bad as you think he is really. He is a serviceable 6th man on this team on other teams I agree he is like 7th or 8th man but it depends.

If you compare AA with the names you have mentioned Crawford, Martin, or Allen (Bayless is terrible compared to even Alan Anderson) they have similar games but are different.

Alan Anderson is inferior to all of them. AA also has the lowest PER among them. On the other hand it is unfair to compare him to those names because all of those players except for Bayless could definitely start for this team or many others for that matter.

Compare him to Nick Young, Jason Terry, Marco Belinelli, or Marcus Thornton. Because according to PER and TS% he is in their level.
Looking for a new signature. Currently, still evaluating.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,245

Post#148 » by ForeverTFC » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:53 pm

J-Roc wrote:
ForeverTFC wrote:I fail to follow your logic here...

Not surprised at all. But hey, we beat the Lakers and played with the Heat. Logic says....

Where are you going with this?

You say our front court is packed and should be utilized without going to small ball, but fail to recognize that half of our front court is injured.

You blame that small ball lineup for losing us games, and then use it as justification for firing Colangelo.

Logic says ...
Viatical
Lead Assistant
And1: 348

Post#149 » by Viatical » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Chucking has more to do with poor shot selection than whether or not the shot actually goes in. And (in some fairness to Anderson), this whole Raptors team is filled with remorseless chuckers who aren't coached to take good shots over bad ones.

Good shots: Uncontested threes especially at the corners, layups, dunks

Bad shots: long range twos, contested threes

This is what pisses me off about this organization the most. The basketball community has KNOWN what can win games ever since Moneyball sabremetrics were brought to basketball as APBRmetrics. If you're not sure if they work or not, just ask the Spurs how many championships they've won in our generation, or how many average something-out-of-nothing rosters Rockets GM Daryl Morey has built out of second round scrubs and replacement level veterans.

This methodology works, and all winning basketball programs use it. The Raptors don't. Consequently, the Raptors are not a winning basketball program.

Instead, the Raptors have players like Anderson taking contested threes. They have players like DeRozan taking long twos. It's like computers never happened when it comes to the Toronto Raptors. It wouldn't surprise me to see actual dinosaurs at the next Raptors home game.
jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Post#150 » by jonny three time » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:08 pm

He's the best 3 pt shooter on the team other than the PGs. Fields can't shoot at all, DD can't shoot from 3 (still), Ross is probably a better pure shooter than Anderson, but he takes way dumber shots that our out of the teams rhythm and are impossible to get offensive boards from. Anderson's shots give the bigs a chance to get the boards because he takes them at good times. He's like Garbo used to be in that way where he makes sure the rest of the team is in a good spot for an offensive board, just try comparing the number of his shots we get offensive boards from to everyone else's shots.

With no stretch big and no real 3 pt shooting outside of the PGs, good defensive teams know that all they have to do is shut down our pick-and-roll (no real pick-and-pop threat) and not let DD and Fields catch the ball on cuts going to the basket. Once they do that our only answer is to let if fly from deep. Anderson, both PGs and on his good days Ross, are the teams only options there.
maxpower88
Senior
And1: 174

Post#151 » by maxpower88 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:27 pm

McFurious1 wrote:
sweetcity wrote:If Anderson hit two of those shots in OT no one would be complaining. The blame should be on DeRozan not on AA. At least AA had the balls to take the shots and miss, DeRozan didnt, just like he has proven his entire career

I agree 100% DeRozan had a chance to win the game for us in the 4th and failed.

So DeRozan gets slack for missing one shot but Anderson gets away with chucking 4 consecutive shots after that?

The DD hate on this board is getting pretty sad.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Post#152 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:43 pm

Dont' know how people can expect more from AA. He's a 30+ veteran minimum guy and he's been our BEST wing this year, on a team with two wings who just got 9.5 mil/yr and 6.3 mil/yr contracts respectively. Anything AA gave us this year was gravy. He probably barely made the team over **** Jamaal Magloire

Return to Toronto Raptors