ImageImageImageImageImage

Rebranding the Raptors

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Re: Rebranding the Raptors 

Post#21 » by Komodo » Thu May 9, 2013 9:08 pm

Double Helix wrote:This is probably the best Raptors logo I've ever seen somebody attempt. The only thing I don't like is the tongue. I also think the shading is a little overdone but I love the concept and think that something aggressive with clean lines like this would look absolutely sick on a black hat with just the logo and nothing else on it.

I hope others are inspired by this, especially anybody with ties to the front office. I don't think it's "the one" but if they laid off the shadowing a little more and maybe they just removed the tongue entirely, and brought in the white outline a little more after removing that it would be pretty cool.

I LOVE this. It should have been done years ago!!! It's awesome!!! Huge fan of this!
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#22 » by sanity » Thu May 9, 2013 9:09 pm

It does look nice though and would be an upgrade over the bland ACC-logo inspired stuff the team uses currently. Personally I miss the purple/red/black. To me those are "The Raptors"... rather than trying to rebrand and be like other teams.

I too am not big on the "Canada's franchise" branding. It sort of eliminates the idea of another Vancouver team
StMikes31
Banned User
And1: 591

Post#23 » by StMikes31 » Thu May 9, 2013 9:12 pm

The Huskies one is sick...that should have been our name from the start. maybe lewieke will want to change it back to that.

White, blue and Grey are great colours as well.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#24 » by Geddy » Thu May 9, 2013 9:25 pm

Please no Huskies - it's just too cookie cutter Canadiana. Also don't see why all of our teams need to have blue and white colours.

The concepts in the OP are great and much better than what we have now. Just replace the red with purple and I'm sold.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
StMikes31
Banned User
And1: 591

Post#25 » by StMikes31 » Thu May 9, 2013 9:30 pm

Purple is garbage especially if we are still named the raptors. Enough of the barney jurassic park comedy, we suck enough on the court.
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#26 » by hsb » Thu May 9, 2013 9:38 pm

arbsn wrote:I wouldn't mind re-branding back to the Huskies either

Renaming the team to the Toronto Towers is the only name worth it. The name both represents the city and is associated with height.

Some of those are nice. Raptors are approaching 20 years though, how time flies.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
ciueli
Analyst
And1: 2,308

Post#27 » by ciueli » Thu May 9, 2013 9:39 pm

StMikes31 wrote:The Huskies one is sick...that should have been our name from the start. maybe lewieke will want to change it back to that.

Completely agree. Blue and white are Toronto team colours: Argos, Blue Jays and Leafs. Make it 4 for 4.
gdroz
Senior
And1: 76

Post#28 » by gdroz » Thu May 9, 2013 9:48 pm

I like the Raptors logo. Much more like the Raptors I have seen.
Ajinca fits the Raptors' mold as a skilled player from Europe, but has never shown any signs of succeeding at the NBA level
GURLAK
Sophomore
And1: 144

Post#29 » by GURLAK » Thu May 9, 2013 9:55 pm

I would like to change the name to Huskies. While it may be a bit of Canadiana we are a Canadian team. As well the blue colour scheme would mesh well with the rest of Toronto teams. Hopefully Midweek is thinking the same thing.
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,919

Post#30 » by lolwut » Thu May 9, 2013 9:56 pm

ciueli wrote:
StMikes31 wrote:The Huskies one is sick...that should have been our name from the start. maybe lewieke will want to change it back to that.

Completely agree. Blue and white are Toronto team colours: Argos, Blue Jays and Leafs. Make it 4 for 4.

Aside from the Argos, why do you want to associate the Raptors with the colors of failure and mediocrity?
2023-2024 FatherTrackerā„¢ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
mirrornick
RealGM
And1: 13,725

Post#31 » by mirrornick » Thu May 9, 2013 10:03 pm

I don't really want to change the name of the team. I love the RAPTORS, and it would feel weird if they're called Toronto (something else).

I don't mind changing the logo and jersey though.
RaptorNews
RealGM
And1: 23,156

Post#32 » by RaptorNews » Thu May 9, 2013 10:06 pm

Logo is a little "fake team logo from NHL Hitz" to me

Those jerseys are too bland, they look like practice ones. We needs something that screams classic
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#33 » by Troubadour » Thu May 9, 2013 10:43 pm

RaptorNews wrote:Logo is a little "fake team logo from NHL Hitz" to me

Those jerseys are too bland, they look like practice ones. We needs something that screams classic

Definitely agree with the first part.

I, for one, really like all of the current stuff. I wouldn't be opposed to a jersey update, but I still really like them.

As much as I like the Huskies, changing the name of the team at this point would just be overkill.
Sherlock
General Manager
And1: 12,706

Post#34 » by Sherlock » Thu May 9, 2013 10:53 pm

ForeverTFC wrote:A guy on Reddit is re-branding NBA teams, and he dug up some of the fan made ideas that he could find. Here are the mock-ups for jerseys and logos for the Raptors.

Really like this logo and these jerseys. Not a fan of the T-shaped bird idea or any of the other stuff on that page.
Interviewer: Championship #2?
Ujiri: Hey...We're gonna get it. I don't know when it'll be, but we're gonna get it. Just like I said we'll get the first one and I said I didn't know when we'd get it...But we will. Guarantee you we will.
SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,820

Post#35 » by SaveTheHens » Thu May 9, 2013 11:02 pm

I would like some purple, even just on the outline. It's not like we have much of a positive history in either "jersey era" so its better to represent a bit of our roots.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#36 » by sanity » Thu May 9, 2013 11:09 pm

they look a lot like the atlanta hawks jerseys
Raps Maniac
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,805

Post#37 » by Raps Maniac » Thu May 9, 2013 11:14 pm

hsb wrote:
arbsn wrote:I wouldn't mind re-branding back to the Huskies either

Renaming the team to the Toronto Towers is the only name worth it. The name both represents the city and is associated with height.

Some of those are nice. Raptors are approaching 20 years though, how time flies.

Then I'd imagine we would have a long a*s CN tower mascot bobbing its pointy head all over the arena and into people's eyes.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 20,124

Post#38 » by Zeno » Thu May 9, 2013 11:22 pm

Anybody else think immediately of ink blot test looking at this logo? Tell me what do you guys see?
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please adviseā€¦.

Dan G.
KobeDwightPau
Banned User
And1: 369

Post#39 » by KobeDwightPau » Fri May 10, 2013 12:13 am

Might as well go blue like leafs and jays.
KobeDwightPau
Banned User
And1: 369

Post#40 » by KobeDwightPau » Fri May 10, 2013 12:14 am

mirrornick wrote:I don't really want to change the name of the team. I love the RAPTORS, and it would feel weird if they're called Toronto (something else).

I don't mind changing the logo and jersey though.

True, if the raptors ever win something it would be nice to not have people say the ''blank'' who used to be known as the raptors.

Return to Toronto Raptors