ImageImageImageImageImage

Who is Eric Bledsoe? (Long Meet and Greet!)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Re: Who is Eric Bledsoe? (Long Meet and Greet!) 

Post#21 » by zilby » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:36 am

I've been a fan of Bledsoe's ever since he came into the league. Two years ago when he got shelved for Billups, I wanted to nab him on the cheap, and now his stock rose and there's talks of DD being moved for him. It sucks.

I'd still like to trade for him, kid oozes potential.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#22 » by Volcano » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:39 am

Wall and Bledsoe are like two completely different players..what's with the comparison?
Valanciunuts
Sixth Man
And1: 929

Post#23 » by Valanciunuts » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:26 am

Bledsoe reminds me of Lowry, but with athleticism.
RxOxP
Junior
And1: 114

Post#24 » by RxOxP » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:18 am

I hate the idea of losing DeMar because he's one of my favorite players but I can't deny how great it would be to have Bledsoe. I'm just concerned as to what we'll be doing with Lowry... I hope we can move him as soon as a Bledsoe deal is done that way Casey doesn't get to entertain himself with anymore 2 PG lineups... a starting unit of Bledsoe, Ross, Gay, Amir, and Val sounds great though... It would be awesome to have a 2nd PG at the caliber of Lowry but at the price tag he's carrying is silly for a backup and I don't like the idea of him getting 6 man minutes behind Bledsoe; it would just be another silly version of the iconic Colderon starting PG battle. Plus we can likely get something good in return for him. We could move Lowry for a 2014 1st round pick which would be a great move seeing as with the current or a cast with Bledsoe we won't do a good job at tanking or winning it all so having another teams pick is a wonderful asset.
ImageRaptors Fan For Life Image
RxOxP
Junior

Post#25 » by RxOxP » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:20 am

BigVGroupie wrote:Bledsoe reminds me of Lowry, but with athleticism.

I feel the exact same way which is why believe theey can not co-exist on the same team. So who and/or what will Lowry be moved for and when?
RxOxP
Junior

Post#26 » by RxOxP » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:22 am

Volcano wrote:Wall and Bledsoe are like two completely different players..what's with the comparison?

He wasn't comparing their overall game play. He was comparing their numbers throughout the years and their potential based on what they've proven so far and their physical structure.
RxOxP
Junior

Post#27 » by RxOxP » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:25 am

BO55 wrote:Cool post.
I hope we actually get him and hopefully we ain't setting our team up for disappointment.
In all honesty, I see that most people want DeRozan gone for him but I rather have DeRozan. If it cost us Lowry or Ross, I'm in.

:D Yes someone who feels the same way I do.
Rasho is god
Bench Warmer
And1: 654

Post#28 » by Rasho is god » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:46 am

I wonder where he would have been drafted had he not gone to Kentucky. He is a prime example of a guy who hurt his stock by going to an all-star Kentucky team.
TGM
Assistant Coach
And1: 717

Post#29 » by TGM » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:20 am

Really good post and anlysis.

Just wanted to play devils advocate.

I'm all for getting Bledsoe, but before we start using all the Lebron and Wall comparisons. Let me give everyone a comparison as well: Marcus Banks

Banks had a very similar first 3 seasons as well. These two guys physique-wise were both quite similar. Stocky PGs that were lightening quick.

I do think that Bledsoe is the real deal, but we can't just think all upside. Taking someones stats and pro-rating it to 36 minutes is extremely deceiving.

The problem is that I don't think Derozan is all LA is asking for.
Guy Smiley
RealGM
And1: 491

Post#30 » by Guy Smiley » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:18 am

Hot date with Eva Longoria.

Eva and Selma Hayek are both beautiful women.
Long brunette hair. Salma's tends to be a bit longer.
Body types are really open to preference. Salma wins though.
Age goes to Eva but props to Salma for her longevity.

Sorry for the misleading opening statement. I just thought it would be a nice way to market my somewhat obscure comparison.

So the Raptors are interested in Bledsoe eh?
We better hope they don't resign Jose. Well, Bledsoe better hope they don't if he ends up in Raptorland.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#31 » by tecumseh18 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:28 am

Landry Fields wrote:Bledsoe is a tremendous athlete who had an OK game against us. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t outstanding. However, he does have an extreme amount of talent. I love his intensity for the game though. While sometimes he can let his emotions get the best of him, his passion goes unmatched and it showed against us. A few plays he just wanted it more than us.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Eric-Bledsoe-5786/

Bledsoe is still an unknown. He played off the ball in Kentucky next to Wall. Pick and roll is not a strength. He's had some academic controversy (like D-Rose), and was lucky to be ruled NCAA-eligible. In the NBA, has he really impressed when getting a chance to start? He certainly wasn't when we rolled over the Clippers in Rudy's debut.

Given the uncertainties, I'd have to say that acquiring Bledsoe for DD is an overpay on our part. But it's also a tank move, so I'd be down with that.
SaveTheHens
Analyst
And1: 1,817

Post#32 » by SaveTheHens » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:49 pm

I didn't know much about Bledsoe so this is very helpful thanks.

I hope Masai can pull this off because it would be great watching this team having strong defenders at every position. Bledsoe/Ross/Gay/Amir/Valanciunas would be a very solid defensive unit & it would be nice to be the team shutting other teams down for once.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#33 » by Hendrix » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:11 pm

You are substantially underestimating how much better of a playmaker and passer Wall is than Bledsoe. Additionaly, Bledsoe can't 'fill it up from anywhere'. He's a pretty bad jumpshooter. He shot .423 efg% on jumpers this year.

Also, there is a massive difference in their ability to get to the line.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#34 » by Undefeated » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:28 pm

In a motion offense I think Bledsoe could shine as a playmaker because he can make ridiculous passes in transition finding players cutting at different angles bouncing the ball between his legs, dropping off passes over his shoulder which fits well with the Raptors' fastbreak offense. Probably because he's so quick that when he races ahead of the defense it gives him an an array options to peek and read. But in a more structured offense I haven't been impressed with him, and the Clippers did lose pretty badly for a stretch in February when CP3 was injured. If Bledsoe had shown signs of being able to run the offense the Clippers would've already put him in that position when he comes off the bench, but they have a washed up Lamar Odom initiating offense bringing the ball up over him when it's not Jamal Crawford so that says a lot about his skill level currently.

With Bledsoe as a starter dominating the ball here for the Raptors he should be able to create his own offense and in a role where he was mostly playing away from the ball scoring off of cuts via backdoor, and spot-up jumpers he still wasn't efficient. I don't see how with more defensive pressure against him he's going to become efficient even with a primary and secondary ball-handler. Also, it's a disservice to Wall given the amount of attention he received than Bledsoe and even then he still comes away more efficient.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#35 » by Volcano » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:34 pm

RxOxP wrote:
Volcano wrote:Wall and Bledsoe are like two completely different players..what's with the comparison?

He wasn't comparing their overall game play. He was comparing their numbers throughout the years and their potential based on what they've proven so far and their physical structure.

I don't get how that works or makes any logical sense. Comparing their physical structure or their basic numbers says nothing about how they'll develop, their potential or what level they're at.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#36 » by vini_vidi_vici » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:08 pm

Not to disparage the OP, because it looks like he put forth a good effort, but its lacking alot of context.

Ill start with shooting.

I like how he got to the line at an adequate per 36, but I think when he goes to the bucket as much as he does, hes not getting maximum potential (40% of shots are dunks/layups). His Midrange is not good (30% frm 10 ft to 3pt), hes not a great catch and shoot player as evidenced with the lack of assists on his midrange buckets to the rim, unless you get to his 3s because evidently he can hit them off the pass. I dont like his form but im no expert id rather leave that to someone more qualified. He turned over the ball quite abit for a backup PG.

His OPPP is rather mediocre, but it shows where his value lies. OReb put backs, the guy is a beast and its good to see he uses his size, 1.8 ORebs from your PG. I dont know how that stacks up to opposing PGs, but id assume hes among the league leaders per36. Hes great off cuts, and handoffs. Hes fairly mediocre to bad in just about every other scenerio. Kyle Lowry is better than him at almost everything PPP.

His defense is fairly mediocre too. I love his numbers vs the PnR, but he doesnt close out on spot up shooters well enough and you can see teams exploited that judging by the volume. Hes terrible in ISOs and gets lost off screens. Hes a good rebounder defensively at his position, but we've seen Lowry whos among the best in the NBA among PGs. Best shotblocker by far among PGs too, thats something that can be hopefully used more to lower his DPPP.

I do like how he had better averages as a starter, but he shot much much worse (46% to 40%). I also like how he picked up his game in the playoffs.

I like the age, but his expiring contract isnt desirable unless hes agreed to an extension (which presumably he would). Im not big on Bledsoe but I think hes going to improve, to what degree I dont know. But if youre rebuilding hes a great one to roll out there, because he will improve with mins and will probably cost you more games than Lowry (whos better right now and for the next cpl years most likely).
iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#37 » by J-Roc » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:18 pm

Some great breakdowns in this thread. Here's another.

First 18sec are riveting.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaH48-fcDc4[/youtube]
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#38 » by deeps6x » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:04 pm

I love Bled's D, but do we really need an undersized, less than league average TS% player? His PER was mostly achieved vs league backups. He wants to get PAID this summer as well. If you trade for him, and then try to offer a reasonable contract, does that just piss him off and make him walk after a single season?

That said, if we are giving up (mostly) Bargs for him, done in a heartbeat. If we have to give up DD to get him, it becomes a much tougher call and likely depends on what he wants to be extended for. At least with DD, we are getting close to value from him, and he seems to keep getting better every year.

Not that Bledsoe wouldn't, but DD plays against starters. Bled plays against backups.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
TiKusDom
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#39 » by TiKusDom » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:50 pm

This has to be the dumbest comparison I have ever read. Wall and Bledsoe are nothing alike.

Bledsoe career stats

7/3/3

John Wall;

18 / 8/ 4

One is a franchise player the other is not and never will be.

Are people on this board taking crazy pills?

It seems like half this fanbase that posts on this forum is on psychotic drugs and not living in reality.
Griff83
Assistant Coach
And1: 186

Post#40 » by Griff83 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:57 pm

Bledsoe is the definition of a player thats massively overrated because he has a nice highlight reel and throws down some exciting dunks and has the word "potential" attached to him. He's the kind of guy that actually is better suited to a bench role because then his massive flaws and inability to run a team efficiently arent really that exposed and they would be with a starting role.

I'm not even a Lowry fan but hes a considerably better player then Bledsoe.

Return to Toronto Raptors