ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to Stay a Raptor"

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Re: Lowry: "I Love Toronto and I Want to Stay a Raptor" 

Post#161 » by Inevitable » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:39 am

will wrote:
VC720 wrote:
will wrote:Of course Fatty is gonna say that. He about to get PAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please stop, Fatty is a nicknamed reserved only for Felton. Also whats your definition of "PAID"?

Raymond Felton's nickname is Cupcakes - not Fatty. Don't get that twisted.

PAID as in a significant pay raise.

His nickname is actually Point Lard.

Get it right.
Skeezo
Analyst
And1: 2,737

Post#162 » by Skeezo » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:56 am

Wow some of the homers we have is quite crazy...

There will be no 5 year deal given to Lowry... Go over all the free agent signings since the new CBA kicked in... The only people that have gotten 5 years if any are max contract players... That's it...

10, 11, 12 million??? Are people insane? It's been stated many times who is gonna offer it??

E.Bledsoe is the #1 free agent PG on the board... So Phx, Orlando, LAL or anybody that has the money and might be looking for a starting PG will be going after him first... I.Thomas from Sacramento will also potentially drive the price or need of Lowry down as well...

There are a crap ton of Back up PG options in free agency this year as well, so if teams are looking for depth the value will be there when M.Williams, J.Nelson, S.Livingston, M.Chalmers, G.Vasquez, N.Robinson, R.Sessions, D.Collison, etc etc... Am I saying any of these players are better then Lowry? No.... but teams have a ton of options this offseason as to how they want to distribute their money & 10-12m for a PG I don't think that is high on the list for most teams...

No Lowry contract offer should go longer then D.DeRozan's contract, & if it does the 4th year should only be partially guaranteed...

3yrs/24-27m would be perfect for me but 4yrs/34m with 4th year only being 3m guaranteed I could live with... This gives Lowry a guarantee of at least 28-29m over the 3 years if he were to be released before the 4th year...
Regulator
Sixth Man
And1: 2,056

Post#163 » by Regulator » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:25 am

You think Lowry signs a contract extension before trade deadline? It's gonna be risky waiting until off season. If you look at our brief history as a franchise, we more often than not, get screwed without vaseline. I trust Masai... So let's see
DatBoiCapspace
Sixth Man
And1: 160

Post#164 » by DatBoiCapspace » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:30 am

which of the teams with capspace do you guys think will steal Lowry from us? LA?
"I've never seen a sports market appreciate cap space more than Toronto. Cap space is like a human being to us" - Sid Seixeiro

"Cap space can't rebound, it can't make shots"- Paul Jones

Preach.
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,380

Post#165 » by Courtside » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:25 am

Regulator wrote:You think Lowry signs a contract extension before trade deadline? It's gonna be risky waiting until off season. If you look at our brief history as a franchise, we more often than not, get screwed without vaseline. I trust Masai... So let's see

FFS people, READ what's in a thread before posting.

WE CAN'T SIGN HIM TO AN EXTENSION NOW FOR ANYTHING CLOSE TO WHAT HE IS WORTH.

The CBA has limits to what the salary of any extension can be and if it's done during the last season, it would make Lowry underpaid by 3-4 million per season. He is not stupid enough to take that, nor is Masai stupid enough to offer it now. Lowry HAS TO finish the season to see how things play out and establish his value. The market will be weak, but there are benchmarks in other guards as to what he is worth - something similar to Demar's contract, WHICH HE CAN'T GET BY EXTENDING NOW.

There is a trick the team can use to give his current contract a bump and therefore extend him at a higher number, but the new deal could be 3 years max (good for us) and also require either dumping up to $4 mil from the payroll to make it fit, or any bump to Kyle's 2013-14 salary would actually be double when you factor in a luxury tax payment. It's very unlikely to happen.

They'll play out the season, know what he is worth, let the market dictate and then sign him.
alevirfe
Starter
And1: 1,683

Post#166 » by alevirfe » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:23 am

Any video of this?

Sent from my HTC One using RealGM Forums mobile app
mintsa wrote: Yeah….the “new car smell” is starting to wear off with Scottie.

bongmarley wrote:I thought he was supposed to be an elite defender. He is horrible. On the perimeter he gets blown by everytime Its really bad
Regulator
Sixth Man
And1: 2,056

Post#167 » by Regulator » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:34 pm

Courtside wrote:
Regulator wrote:You think Lowry signs a contract extension before trade deadline? It's gonna be risky waiting until off season. If you look at our brief history as a franchise, we more often than not, get screwed without vaseline. I trust Masai... So let's see

FFS people, READ what's in a thread before posting.

WE CAN'T SIGN HIM TO AN EXTENSION NOW FOR ANYTHING CLOSE TO WHAT HE IS WORTH.

The CBA has limits to what the salary of any extension can be and if it's done during the last season, it would make Lowry underpaid by 3-4 million per season. He is not stupid enough to take that, nor is Masai stupid enough to offer it now. Lowry HAS TO finish the season to see how things play out and establish his value. The market will be weak, but there are benchmarks in other guards as to what he is worth - something similar to Demar's contract, WHICH HE CAN'T GET BY EXTENDING NOW.

There is a trick the team can use to give his current contract a bump and therefore extend him at a higher number, but the new deal could be 3 years max (good for us) and also require either dumping up to $4 mil from the payroll to make it fit, or any bump to Kyle's 2013-14 salary would actually be double when you factor in a luxury tax payment. It's very unlikely to happen.

They'll play out the season, know what he is worth, let the market dictate and then sign him.

My bad. Thanks for technical details. Well I hope Lowry is honest to Masai about his intentions... Not like Bosh
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#168 » by pkiskool » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:58 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Image

Oh man, I forgot how great this movie was.
Going to watch it on the weekend.
For all you young'ns, educate yourself and watch this film "Rounders".

Return to Toronto Raptors