ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Terrance Ross Tattoo Sleeve

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

bonbons
Pro Prospect
And1: 948

Re: OT: Terrance Ross Tattoo Sleeve 

Post#41 » by bonbons » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:41 am

Wasp wrote:LOL @ all of the anti-tattoo Puritans on this board. Here's the way I look at it: good tattoos look good, bad tattoos look bad. Totally depends on the person, the design, and the placement.

so what do you think of his tattoo? I am not anti-tattoo, but i don't think it looks that good. Or maybe its not finished yet and he needs another coat. Looks too light, I can barely make out anything. And I think it says something on his forearm but I can't make that out either. If he got his whole arm tatted this summer I wouldn't be surprised in him getting a lot more in the future seeing as how long this one probably took.
orbesnet
Head Coach
And1: 4,276

Post#42 » by orbesnet » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:22 pm

but is he still going to wear his spandex sleeve over it or let it fly?
Pascal to the future.
barrist
RealGM
And1: 716

Post#43 » by barrist » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:08 pm

bonbons wrote:
Wasp wrote:LOL @ all of the anti-tattoo Puritans on this board. Here's the way I look at it: good tattoos look good, bad tattoos look bad. Totally depends on the person, the design, and the placement.

so what do you think of his tattoo? I am not anti-tattoo, but i don't think it looks that good. Or maybe its not finished yet and he needs another coat. Looks too light, I can barely make out anything. And I think it says something on his forearm but I can't make that out either. If he got his whole arm tatted this summer I wouldn't be surprised in him getting a lot more in the future seeing as how long this one probably took.

It's hard to see really. And from what I'm told by a friend who's a tattoo artist, tattooing black skin is like tattooing in the dark.
wow09
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,559

Post#44 » by wow09 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:16 pm

RonaldArtest wrote:Not a fan of the sleeves, but to each their own.

As for the ladies, if it's classy then it's passable. I'm over 30 so I have a soft spot for the tramp stamp. But I have a friend who has exquisite breasts, and she's got this massive god-awful butterfly tat covering a good 2/3 of prime real estate right in between them. To me, that's a travesty. Like drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa.

Amen brother. Amen
IMAN5
General Manager
And1: 5,666

Post#45 » by IMAN5 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:29 pm

J Dilla wrote:dat avy doe

that avi gets me everytime.
instagram.com/510movement
Yallbecrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,734

Post#46 » by Yallbecrazy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:46 pm

Unsure what's worse, a neck tattoo or hand tattoos.
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,269

Post#47 » by Joker » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:21 pm

Something like a sleeve tattoo is a trend, so logically, why do anything trendy that has a permanent effect? It's like crazy glueing skinny jeans to your legs.
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#48 » by MisterHibachi » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:42 pm

What does that tat even say? It looks like a bunch of ink thrown on his arm.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#49 » by Patman » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:44 pm

T-Ross, you're doing it wrong. Not enough lighting to give the illusion of bulk.

Fail.
RandomRaptorfan
Veteran
And1: 2,404

Post#50 » by RandomRaptorfan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:27 pm

As for the ladies, if it's classy then it's passable. I'm over 30 so I have a soft spot for the tramp stamp. But I have a friend who has exquisite breasts, and she's got this massive god-awful butterfly tat covering a good 2/3 of prime real estate right in between them. To me, that's a travesty. Like drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa.

RIP to every boner lost after witnessing such a travesty
NorthernNemesis
Senior
And1: 707

Post#51 » by NorthernNemesis » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:35 pm

Waylon Mercy wrote:
PopAGat wrote:I think tattoo sleeves on ligher skin people looks disgusting. Makes them look dirty in my opinion.

I hate girls with tattoos I think it makes them look real trashy. I also don't like when
I'm at a restaurant and I see some of the cooks are all tatted up and/or with a bunch of piercings.
Makes them look like dirty skids and i don't want my food to be cooked by them lol

You sound like a pleasant person.
Carlton Banksy
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,017

Post#52 » by Carlton Banksy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:41 pm

The problem with this is it doesn't matter if you don't find it attractive. People with tattoos generally aren't too concerned with impressing nor are they attracted to people with that type of attitude in the first place. There are lots of folks who prefer women or men with tattoos. Neither side is more "right" than the other, it's just personal preference & form of expression.
team edward
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,981

Post#53 » by team edward » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:49 pm

Throwback24 wrote:Terrence Ross needs to throw in some farmer walks.

Grip strength is important to playing basketball.
EFF3KT
Veteran
And1: 2,777

Post#54 » by EFF3KT » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:53 pm

"Oh man, that's gonna look like crap when he finally bulks up."

This is something we will be saying for the next few years..
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#55 » by Throwback24 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:54 pm

team edward wrote:
Throwback24 wrote:Terrence Ross needs to throw in some farmer walks.

Grip strength is important to playing basketball.

Absolutely. He needs to be able to put a dent in that ball so that when he cradles to dunk, he can finish over the defender and make SC top 10 every single night.

Grip strength is functional aka crossfit.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,989

Post#56 » by Mack11 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:55 pm

ship him out and bring in some good character guys
G.A. Clone
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,062

Post#57 » by G.A. Clone » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:06 pm

CountOnAlex wrote:
G.A. Clone wrote:Don't get the appeal for sleeve tattoos (or whatever JR Smith's is). Can't imagine how nasty it'll look on droopy skin in later life.

I never understood this logic. You already look bad when you have droopy skin so what's it matter if there's ink on it?

That smiling tattoo is gonna look like a frowning tattoo, letters on words are gonna deform, etc.

I think tattoos usually give off a vibe that you're tougher than others because you can endure the pain (of getting a tattoo) and be "expressive". To me, it just looks off when you have a senior who's trying to "express" themselves through tattoos or try to show that they're a tough guy. Tattoos are a trend and a phase in one's life IMO. But unfortunately, the effects are permanent.
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,269

Post#58 » by Joker » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:24 pm

I'm 32. I shudder to think of the tattoos I'd have now that I decided to get at 22.
Waylon Mercy
Banned User
And1: 6,644

Post#59 » by Waylon Mercy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:28 pm

NorthernNemesis wrote:
Waylon Mercy wrote:
PopAGat wrote:I think tattoo sleeves on ligher skin people looks disgusting. Makes them look dirty in my opinion.

I hate girls with tattoos I think it makes them look real trashy. I also don't like when
I'm at a restaurant and I see some of the cooks are all tatted up and/or with a bunch of piercings.
Makes them look like dirty skids and i don't want my food to be cooked by them lol

You sound like a pleasant person.

I'm a Raptors fan what else do you need to know
vinsanity09
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Post#60 » by vinsanity09 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:33 pm

I have nothing against tattoos. Sometimes they look good and sometimes they look bad. I'll never get one though because knowing me I would probably get tired of seeing the art after 2 or 3 weeks :lol:

Return to Toronto Raptors