ImageImageImageImageImage

Is anyone sad that they're not that sad?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Re: Is anyone sad that they're not that sad? 

Post#41 » by johanliebert » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:38 pm

its entertainment why would i be sad? i feel for you guys who go in a bout of depression when this team loses.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#42 » by johanliebert » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:39 pm

mtcan wrote:Nope. Not sad. Not even at all surprised. My expectations for this team had been higher...but after game 1...my expectations lowered signifcantly. This team should NEVER be considered a lock to win any playoff series.

I'm done with this core. Kyle can gtfo as far as I am concerned if he wants max $$. Let his ass walk. He is not a big game player. 4 years in a row and the best we could do was barely limp into the ECF last year? Blow outs happen...but way too often with this team and it is because our "all-stars" wilt under pressure

:lol:

boy how did sports capture the mind of young men today. its sad how yall flip flop game to game.
Dan2087
2016 "Beat The Commish" Champion
And1: 5,120

Post#43 » by Dan2087 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:45 pm

Being a fan of Toronto sports has numbed me completely. I never feel sadness with my sports teams anymore. That all ended after the Leafs lost to Carolina in the NHL ECF in 2002. This coincided with the decline of the Leafs, and the dark days of the Raptors and Jays.

Being let down is all I know. I don't cry or feel sad anymore - just frustration and laughter tbh
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,448

Post#44 » by mtcan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:49 pm

johanliebert wrote:
mtcan wrote:Nope. Not sad. Not even at all surprised. My expectations for this team had been higher...but after game 1...my expectations lowered signifcantly. This team should NEVER be considered a lock to win any playoff series.

I'm done with this core. Kyle can gtfo as far as I am concerned if he wants max $$. Let his ass walk. He is not a big game player. 4 years in a row and the best we could do was barely limp into the ECF last year? Blow outs happen...but way too often with this team and it is because our "all-stars" wilt under pressure

:lol:

boy how did sports capture the mind of young men today. its sad how yall flip flop game to game.

No sir. I said in other threads around here before the series even started that this team can go either way. I called the ugly loss yesterday before the game started.

Enthusiasm in the playoffs has waned from the Brookly series til now...
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#45 » by JYD » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:51 pm

LonZoBallin wrote:
JYD wrote:Well, I trust MU to make the right moves, and if we lose this series DC is 100% toast so we'll have a new HC.

Your best players win you games in the playoffs. Has nothing to do with your worst players! Or even the coach

getting rid of Carroll and Casey isn't going to make Lowry or DD better than Greek freak

It's the HC's job to get his best players better shots, he's not doing it.

Our roster is more talented than MIL's, this will be on DC.
durka
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#46 » by durka » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:53 pm

Dan2087 wrote:Being a fan of Toronto sports has numbed me completely. I never feel sadness with my sports teams anymore. That all ended after the Leafs lost to Carolina in the NHL ECF in 2002. This coincided with the decline of the Leafs, and the dark days of the Raptors and Jays.

Being let down is all I know. I don't cry or feel sad anymore - just frustration and laughter tbh

Spot on. I expect failure and am pleasantly surprised with success.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,165

Post#47 » by YogurtProducer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:55 pm

Man this board is a bunch of prima donnas
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
LonZoBallin
Rookie
And1: 539

Post#48 » by LonZoBallin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:22 pm

JYD wrote:
LonZoBallin wrote:
JYD wrote:Well, I trust MU to make the right moves, and if we lose this series DC is 100% toast so we'll have a new HC.

Your best players win you games in the playoffs. Has nothing to do with your worst players! Or even the coach

getting rid of Carroll and Casey isn't going to make Lowry or DD better than Greek freak

It's the HC's job to get his best players better shots, he's not doing it.

Our roster is more talented than MIL's, this will be on DC.

Superstars win in the playoffs. The best player on the court is on the bucks.
BigShotBargs_77
Junior
And1: 698

Post#49 » by BigShotBargs_77 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Sherlock wrote:

Best analogy I can come up with is that I'm dating a girl who I was really into and things are going great. We have the usual drama, but we love each other and I'm super excited to spend time with her; she goes away traveling for the summer but I can't wait for her to get back. (Brooklyn series).

Then I find out she cheated on me. (Washington series) I'm devastated, but decide to believe her when she tells me it was a one time thing and a big mistake and it'll never happen again. So we stay together.

The next little while is great, but I'm more alert and aware and frankly sensitive to some troubling signs -- the way she flirts with other guys, the way she seems to enjoy the attention a bit too much when we're out at a bar. But we're having fun when we're together so I convince myself it's all in my head and let the nagging doubts go. (Indy/Miami/Cleveland last year)

Then I find out she cheated on me again (this series against the Bucks)

And I realize that I don't feel angry any more. I'm just numb and want a new girlfriend because I realize that no matter what happens, I'll never be able to trust her again. And even if we stay together, this will keep happening because it's just the type of person she is.

That's where I think I am with this Raptors team now. I no longer see that funny, beautiful girl with the spunky attitude that I originally fell in love with. Now I just see this weak-willed, insecure and untrustworthy person who will just continuously break my heart and I realize she's not worth my time. And there's basically nothing she can do at this stage that will make it better.

Tell em Sherlock
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,925

Post#50 » by JN » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:39 pm

I find for the most part I just don't get too sad or upset if one of my teams win. It takes me "hating" a team to really drive me emotionally, and that hate list is just not that long.

Duke Blue Devils
UNC Cheat
Kentucky Wildcats
Ottawa Senators
Golden St
Phil Mickelson
Boston Red Sox
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#51 » by Latrell » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:41 pm

I just really really really want to watch Delon , Norm and Jakob start for the Raptors next season with the current core gone.

I don't hate the current core , and will always respect what they've done for the city. But its time to move on.

If this series means that happens I will not be so sad.

Return to Toronto Raptors