ImageImageImageImageImage

10 Reasons to keep Lowry/Derozan/Ibaka together even if we lose this series

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Clementine64
Starter
And1: 2,523

Re: 10 Reasons to keep Lowry/Derozan/Ibaka together even if we lose this series 

Post#61 » by Clementine64 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:47 pm

Fire Casey and replace him with a competent coach and I'd be all for re-signing everyone. Problem is those guys will be outta here so fast if we lose in the firsr round it will be too late.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#62 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:21 am

It's lol to think that lowry/derozan are struggling to adjust to a 7 ft 3 point shooting big who's hitting his shats. Yeah, much harder to adjust to then our typical starting 4s the last few yrs.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
tdot56
Analyst
And1: 3,080

Post#63 » by tdot56 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:11 am

Northface82 wrote:Masai would be wise to fire Casey and hire Stackhouse, before another team does.

Indeed. Casey squandered a team with lots of talent.... by starting players with no talent
DeKobe DeBryant
Analyst
And1: 4,633

Post#64 » by DeKobe DeBryant » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:59 am

I honestly think that this team could be really special with a different coach.

- Credit to TurboZone for the signature!
Drop Shot
RealGM
And1: 91,916

Post#65 » by Drop Shot » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:01 am

All in for keeping this core and hiring a new coach

S/O to Bruno for the Sig and Avi
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#66 » by RaptorsLife » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:04 am

Would love to move on from this core.

I don't care about tanking. If we make the playoffs next year with Norman Powell and delon Wright and young guys then
awesome.

I'm just done watching a Lowry and derozan back court. They have proven time and time again. There is point in caring about there regular season numbers
Raptors til death
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,270

Post#67 » by Randle McMurphy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:37 am

Why are some so woefully attached to being a treadmill team?
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,726

Post#68 » by Basketball_Jones » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:41 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:Why are some so woefully attached to being a treadmill team?

Legend...
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
primopastalove2
Analyst
And1: 4,861

Post#69 » by primopastalove2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:41 am

Tbh the major problem is DD and Lowry aren't good PS players, I doubt changing the coach will make much of a difference. Casey is a pretty bad PS coach, we aren't losing because of him but he isn't helping us win games either.

At this point I'm hoping DD plays well so we can trade him and press the restart button which sucks because watching a tanking team is awful and the playoffs have been so much fun regardless of what happens but we are in treadmill waters.

We have been supplanted by the Bucks and already have took a whooping from the Cavs and Wiz in previous PS, and Boston has the first overall pick who will keep on getting better. If we make the playoffs next year we will be facing them in the playoffs without HCA and we all know the outcome. The team has essentially passed its expiration date.
Caped Crusader wrote:
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
PRESTIGE
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,142
Location: The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

Post#70 » by PRESTIGE » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:44 am

What people fail to realize is that the entire thing is one big jumbled mess. You need to take it as it is or throw the whole thing out.

Most posters seem to agree that DeRozan/Lowry/Casey will not win you a championship. Casey is as good as gone, but the next issue is Lowry. Even aside from his choking tendencies, the amount of money he will likely want at his age is not good. If we re-sign him, what coach on earth can coax that core into the Finals? We'd pretty much be relegated to being a perennial playoff team that maxes out in the first or second round.

And then if you let Lowry walk, what's the point of keeping DeRozan? This team would end up being another treadmill team, even with Ibaka. At that point you have to blow it up.

Ujiri will have his work cut out for him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the gonads to push for a full rebuild. Even if management allows it, he will likely be hesitant because another 2-5 years of losing will cost him his job eventually. The only way they will rebuild is if he re-tools and the whole thing collapses.
RaptorsLife
RealGM

Post#71 » by RaptorsLife » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:45 am

PRESTIGE wrote:What people fail to realize is that the entire thing is one big jumbled mess. You need to take it as it is or throw the whole thing out.

Most posters seem to agree that DeRozan/Lowry/Casey will not win you a championship. Casey is as good as gone, but the next issue is Lowry. Even aside from his choking tendencies, the amount of money he will likely want at his age is not good. If we re-sign him, what coach on earth can coax that core into the Finals? We'd pretty much be relegated to being a perennial playoff team that maxes out in the first or second round.

And then if you let Lowry walk, what's the point of keeping DeRozan? This team would end up being another treadmill team, even with Ibaka. At that point you have to blow it up.

Ujiri will have his work cut out for him. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the gonads to push for a full rebuild. Even if management allows it, he will likely be hesitant because another 2-5 years of losing will cost him his job eventually. The only way they will rebuild is if he re-tools and the whole thing collapses.

We retooled after 2015 lol
Raptors til death
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#72 » by sule » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:57 am

I don't particularly care anymore if Lowry comes back. Serge I'd keep if we aren't tearing it all down. And Demar isn't going anywhere, so that's pretty much moot. But what I absolutely don't want to see, is this same core and peripheral scrubs like Carroll and Patterson back if we have the same coach. Something drastic has to happen. And I believe it starts with coaching, considering almost all our major glaring issues in the playoffs initiate with Casey and continue through our two "leaders".

Casey just has to go regardless of our playoff run this season. We could go on to win the championship, I still won't have confidence that Casey would be able to repeat such success to any capacity the following season.
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#73 » by sule » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:59 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:Why are some so woefully attached to being a treadmill team?

B/c winter is coming...
Aventador
Head Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#74 » by Aventador » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:01 am

it's OK to want better things.
DonMega
General Manager
And1: 8,689

Post#75 » by DonMega » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:04 am

Only keep the core if we fire casey and sign messina, anyone else **** this team.
TackyRapsFan
Veteran
And1: 2,374

Post#76 » by TackyRapsFan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:27 am

Jambo wrote:how many times do some people need to piss in the wind before they realize it's not a good idea ?

DeMax is an grossly overpaid loser , always has been always will be .

We can triple the piss with Kyle and Serge maxed!

Young player development? **** that noise! Let Lowry and DeMar run the entire offence.

Delon Wright is older than my mum and still isn't getting minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,575

Post#77 » by Syd-TK3 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:39 am

I'm honestly warming up to the idea of a rebuild
At the very least though need to try stackhouse or new coach first. If that doesn't works tank for RJ barret
Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,859

Post#78 » by Spicy P » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:55 am

I'm done with this roster. Blow it up please. The sooner we start the process, the sooner they can stop being an embarrassment in the league.

Lowry and Ibaka are not going to be easy to trade with their freshly signed inflated contracts as well as the difficulty of making these big salaries work in a trade.

A new coach is not going to make a big difference. It's not just the performance at the team level, but these guys are flawed at the individual level.

We wanted a complete rebuild when Colangelo left, but got sucked into being a non-championship contending playoff team after that Rudy Gay trade. It's time to do it the right way now.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,235

Post#79 » by Raps in 4 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:03 am

It's way easier to change the coach than to blow up the core.

Sure re-signing Lowry and Ibaka carries some risk (what if a new coach doesn't actually fix things?). But they should still be tradable assets on their new contracts as they are talented individual players.
RaptorsLife
RealGM

Post#80 » by RaptorsLife » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:06 am

Does Lowry, Ibaka and Tucker even want to stay?

I get if we're winning team but why they want to stay on a team that should get embarssed in the first round if we do lose.

Unless we overpay them. Which would be a huge mistake
Raptors til death

Return to Toronto Raptors