ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Free Agency Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

rapcity10
Senior
And1: 437

Re: NBA Free Agency Thread 

Post#581 » by rapcity10 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:37 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
Zeno wrote:Axel Toupane has been waived by Pelicans and I think he might be our perfect 15th man/905 MVP.

Everyone always liked this guy since he played for the 905 and he's been cut from like 4 teams since then

Not an NBA player. D league, overseas type of player.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,782

Post#582 » by Zeno » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:53 pm

rapcity10 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
Zeno wrote:Axel Toupane has been waived by Pelicans and I think he might be our perfect 15th man/905 MVP.

Everyone always liked this guy since he played for the 905 and he's been cut from like 4 teams since then

He knows the system because of his time with the 905. He can fill in in case of injury on the big club but he's a fringe NBA player for sure so I don't think he's a threat to take minutes away from our other guys if they're healthy. 905 needs to repeat this year, and Toupane can help make it happen.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
rapcity10
Senior

Post#583 » by rapcity10 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:13 pm

Zeno wrote:
rapcity10 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

He knows the system because of his time with the 905. He can fill in in case of injury on the big club but he's a fringe NBA player for sure so I don't think he's a threat to take minutes away from our other guys if they're healthy. 905 needs to repeat this year, and Toupane can help make it happen.

Haha ok, but shouldn't he be chasing the money now, and going overseas to the team that offers him the most money? I think it's fair to say he's not an NBA player. Why play in the d league for little money again?
rapcity10
Senior

Post#584 » by rapcity10 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:19 pm

Aaron Affalo signing with the magic. The magic have low key had a very solid offseason, from putting together a strong management team, drafting Jonathan Isaac, signing shelvin Mack, Mo buckets, Jonathan Simmons, and now Affalo. They've added some nice depth, there a pretty deep team now filled with some really nice prospects. There going to be a fun team to watch this year, and Fran Vogel is gonna have them in every game. Could surprise people and sneak into the playoffs this year. Fun squad with some good solid prospects.
HeirCanada10
Pro Prospect
And1: 187

Post#585 » by HeirCanada10 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:19 am

rapcity10 wrote:Aaron Affalo signing with the magic. The magic have low key had a very solid offseason, from putting together a strong management team, drafting Jonathan Isaac, signing shelvin Mack, Mo buckets, Jonathan Simmons, and now Affalo. They've added some nice depth, there a pretty deep team now filled with some really nice prospects. There going to be a fun team to watch this year, and Fran Vogel is gonna have them in every game. Could surprise people and sneak into the playoffs this year. Fun squad with some good solid prospects.

Another SG/SF damn first they sign Jonathon Simmons outta nowhere (Spurs breakup) then now Afflalo. Already have T Ross, Evan Fournier, Mario Hezonja, drafted Wesley Iwundu, plus two young uncertains on team Marcus Georges Hunt, Patricio Garino.

Look depth chart as stands:
SG- Fournier, Afflalo, GeorgesHunt, Garino
SF- Ross, Simmons, Hezonja, Iwundu
(I've heard past season that Orlando plans to use Hezonja as stretch 4 either small ball or certain undersize PF matchups he's only one 6'8+ longest out of all those wings not counting Aaron Gordon, Jonathan Isaac assuming they stick to bigs PF role. Serioulsy that's tons of wings decent role players wouldn't be surprised to see trade happen somehow no way they keep all 8 where you fit playing time for them all, need to make them happy by balancing roles.
Let's say Orlando prefers is more high on TRoss, Simmons/Afflalo (vets signed for reason), Iwundu rookie drafted then 2nd tiers Fournier, Hezonja, Hunt/Garino (I gladly take Hezonja off them I was a fan back in day he's got huge talent)..
rapcity10
Senior

Post#586 » by rapcity10 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:31 am

HeirCanada10 wrote:
rapcity10 wrote:Aaron Affalo signing with the magic. The magic have low key had a very solid offseason, from putting together a strong management team, drafting Jonathan Isaac, signing shelvin Mack, Mo buckets, Jonathan Simmons, and now Affalo. They've added some nice depth, there a pretty deep team now filled with some really nice prospects. There going to be a fun team to watch this year, and Fran Vogel is gonna have them in every game. Could surprise people and sneak into the playoffs this year. Fun squad with some good solid prospects.

Another SG/SF damn first they sign Jonathon Simmons outta nowhere (Spurs breakup) then now Afflalo. Already have T Ross, Evan Fournier, Mario Hezonja, drafted Wesley Iwundu, plus two young uncertains on team Marcus Georges Hunt, Patricio Garino.

(I've heard past season that Orlando plans to use Hezonja as stretch 4 either small ball or certain undersize PF matchups he's only one 6'8+ longest out of all those wings not counting Aaron Gordon, Jonathan Isaac assuming they stick to bigs PF role. Serioulsy that's tons of wings decent role players wouldn't be surprised to see trade happen somehow no way they keep all 8 where you fit playing time for them all, need to make them happy by balancing roles.
Let's say Orlando prefers is more high on TRoss, Simmons/Afflalo (vets signed for reason), Iwundu rookie drafted then 2nd tiers Fournier, Hezonja, Hunt/Garino (I gladly take Hezonja off them I was a fan back in day he's got huge talent)..

Mario is going to get traded at some point, or Fournier is my other guess, moreso Mario. Even a chance that both of them are traded at some point. I don't think Mario has much value at all, and Fournier is on a pretty expensive contract, although he is still young, and he's always performed well and growing we'll see what happens. There on the right track however, the biyombo and Augustine contracts are pretty horrible right now, but maybe they package one of them in a Vucevic or Forunier trade?
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#587 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:30 am

rapcity10 wrote:
HeirCanada10 wrote:

Mario is going to get traded at some point, or Fournier is my other guess, moreso Mario. Even a chance that both of them are traded at some point. I don't think Mario has much value at all, and Fournier is on a pretty expensive contract, although he is still young, and he's always performed well and growing we'll see what happens. There on the right track however, the biyombo and Augustine contracts are pretty horrible right now, but maybe they package one of them in a Vucevic or Forunier trade?

And the Raps can't make any deals with Orlando :banghead:
Should have got a pick for Weltman and a pick for having options limited to 1/28.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM

Post#588 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:33 am

Been trying to assess Orlando's moves under Weltman and I do not think they are all that great. It is like equal parts Polyfilla and Stucco. So many teams had great off seasons. Orlando is not one of them. All they did is tweaks.
rapcity10
Senior

Post#589 » by rapcity10 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:40 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:Been trying to assess Orlando's moves under Weltman and I do not think they are all that great. It is like equal parts Polyfilla and Stucco. So many teams had great off seasons. Orlando is not one of them. All they did is tweaks.

They made really good under the radar moves however. None of it was flashy, all the players they signed in free agency were role players, however they were in desperate need of adding some shooting and veteran help to help their inconsistent young talent. Not to mention they might have signed Jonathon Simmons to one of the top 3 contracts of the summer, it has the potential to be a huge steal. I loved their offseason.
dukes_wild
RealGM
And1: 50,145

Post#590 » by dukes_wild » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:57 pm

Orlando did as well as they could have really.

Small market team that has been bad for years, have some bad contracts that they can't trade. Hard to attract good free agents.
Geddy wrote:You're probably scratching your balls and eating cheese puffs

Ice Trae wrote:Is it just me or does Derrick Rose look like Jean Claude Van Damme
slothrop8
Head Coach
And1: 7,278

Post#591 » by slothrop8 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:05 pm

I'm less of a fan of Orlando's offseason. Like the Isaac pick, see little or no point in signing the array of marginal veterans they did. They'll be among the worst teams in the NBA - but with perhaps just enough competent vets not to get a top 1 or 2 pick. Not the approach I'd have taken if I were them. Simmons was cheap, but last year's version was very shaky. He was much better in a smaller role the year before, but he'll be 28 when the season starts, no real upside left there and I'm not sure what real purpose he serves for them over the next couple years, other than maybe he helps them win 29 games instead of 25 if he's the two seasons ago version - flippable asset if he breaks out some I suppose and not much downside at the price. Just not that exciting an offseason for me - though I do find Isaac interesting.
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,536

Post#592 » by Rapcity_11 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:34 pm

slothrop8 wrote:I'm less of a fan of Orlando's offseason. Like the Isaac pick, see little or no point in signing the array of marginal veterans they did. They'll be among the worst teams in the NBA - but with perhaps just enough competent vets not to get a top 1 or 2 pick. Not the approach I'd have taken if I were them. Simmons was cheap, but last year's version was very shaky. He was much better in a smaller role the year before, but he'll be 28 when the season starts, no real upside left there and I'm not sure what real purpose he serves for them over the next couple years, other than maybe he helps them win 29 games instead of 25 if he's the two seasons ago version - flippable asset if he breaks out some I suppose and not much downside at the price. Just not that exciting an offseason for me - though I do find Isaac interesting.

I agree. It reminds me of the Kings offseason where they're being evaluated on the scale of their own futility. Not **** up isn't a successful offseason for me.

They were also rumoured to be considering going after Joe Ingles, which also would have been pointless.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#593 » by Asif16 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:00 pm

Read on Twitter
mieshpal
Veteran
And1: 2,006

Post#594 » by mieshpal » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:45 am

Looks like Mcgee is re-signing

Sent from my D6603 using RealGM mobile app
OAKLEY_2
RealGM

Post#595 » by OAKLEY_2 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:29 am

Would have thought Lakers or Philly would be all over Shabazz Muhammad. Jordan Hill even got a contract...
OAKLEY_2
RealGM

Post#596 » by OAKLEY_2 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:36 am

Rapcity_11 wrote:
slothrop8 wrote:I'm less of a fan of Orlando's offseason. Like the Isaac pick, see little or no point in signing the array of marginal veterans they did. They'll be among the worst teams in the NBA - but with perhaps just enough competent vets not to get a top 1 or 2 pick. Not the approach I'd have taken if I were them. Simmons was cheap, but last year's version was very shaky. He was much better in a smaller role the year before, but he'll be 28 when the season starts, no real upside left there and I'm not sure what real purpose he serves for them over the next couple years, other than maybe he helps them win 29 games instead of 25 if he's the two seasons ago version - flippable asset if he breaks out some I suppose and not much downside at the price. Just not that exciting an offseason for me - though I do find Isaac interesting.

I agree. It reminds me of the Kings offseason where they're being evaluated on the scale of their own futility. Not **** up isn't a successful offseason for me.

They were also rumoured to be considering going after Joe Ingles, which also would have been pointless.

As long as Payton is the PG they are in trouble. Gordon has done squat as well.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#597 » by RaptorsNorth » Tue Aug 1, 2017 4:11 pm

Zeno wrote:
rapcity10 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

stop it man. He's a scrub point blank period. He's had so many chances and nobody sees the potential of him being a good nba player which why he was cut.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,782

Post#598 » by Zeno » Tue Aug 1, 2017 10:21 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
Zeno wrote:
rapcity10 wrote:Not an NBA player. D league, overseas type of player.

stop it man. He's a scrub point blank period. He's had so many chances and nobody sees the potential of him being a good nba player which why he was cut.

Relax. If you think they're signing anyone who matters to the Raptors next season at this point you're sadly mistaken. This was meant as more of a 905 signing really.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#599 » by zilby » Tue Aug 1, 2017 11:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Why is Dell Demps employed and Throwback24 still doesn't have a GM job yet?
Hawaiian pizza is good.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,569

Post#600 » by DreamTeam09 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 1:09 am

zilby wrote:
Read on Twitter

Why is Dell Demps employed and Throwback24 still doesn't have a GM job yet?

Good pickup for them no?

In Raptor Ball I Trust

Return to Toronto Raptors