ImageImageImageImageImage

Kyrie demanding a trade (Windhorst)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Re: Kyrie demanding a trade (Windhorst) 

Post#381 » by Wo1verine » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:31 pm

I wouldn't trade him - I would make him suck it up for one more year and rebuild after once LBJ leaves.
BrunoSkull
MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,987

Post#382 » by MavCarter » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:38 pm

refshateRaps wrote:Kyrie for Melo seems to be logical for all parties

Kyrie for melo straight up is a terrible trade for the cavs. Both melo & lbj can bolt next offseason and 2017 melo isn't worth a young star like kyrie. If i were the cavs i'd want melo+KP or melo+ multiple unprotected picks
#Enjoytheride
Moose23
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#383 » by Moose23 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:38 pm

m i the only one thinking right now that of all the teams in the league the cavs do not need a traditional pg?

hear me out.

lebron runa the offense, they need someone who can help out a bit but most importantly defend and knock down the shot.

i say,

irving for cousins
shump, bobcats pick and thompson to nyk, melo to charlotte and batum to cleveland

then muscle gsw.

batum/jose
korver/smith
lebron/jefferson
love/frye
cousins/

team would have alot of playmaking, defense, rebounding, strength and every position can hit from deep
MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,987

Post#384 » by MavCarter » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:40 pm

Read on Twitter
#Enjoytheride
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,282

Post#385 » by PhilBlackson » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:48 pm

refshateRaps wrote:Kyrie for Melo seems to be logical for all parties

Ntilikina + at least 1 unprotected pick would be mandatory imo. A straight swap would be laughed off the phone.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,771

Post#386 » by ___Rand___ » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:07 pm

VC720 wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
Hero wrote:So Kyrie got his ring and just wants to be the man and play undisciplined basketball for the rest of his career?

Perfect for Casey ball. Kyrie is better version of Lowry. LOL

Bring him home!

Lowry is better than Irving.

Not in the season that counts most: post season.
carl_english
General Manager
And1: 3,140

Post#387 » by carl_english » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:14 pm

Colangelo is all over this.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#388 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:39 pm

___Rand___ wrote:
VC720 wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
Perfect for Casey ball. Kyrie is better version of Lowry. LOL

Bring him home!

Lowry is better than Irving.

Well LBJ gives Kyrie room to operate. Take away LBJ and KL is as good or better.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM

Post#389 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:41 pm

carl_english wrote:Colangelo is all over this.

Naaah he has Fultz and Simmons.
___Rand___
General Manager

Post#390 » by ___Rand___ » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:55 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
VC720 wrote:Lowry is better than Irving.

Well LBJ gives Kyrie room to operate. Take away LBJ and KL is as good or better.

Your comment makes no sense. LBJ and DD are similar players. Their game is mid range and to the rim. Lebron doesn't create space. SHM.

Lowry is a man who can't perform in the playoffs. He shies away from its toughness. Lowry is a better creator yes. But he can't perform when it counts the most. He doesn't step up and score or create at the moments in the game when its needed.
Kreamy
RealGM
And1: 2,097

Post#391 » by Kreamy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Irving and Shumpert to the Knicks for Melo, Ntilikina, Willy Hernangomez and 1st round pick is a good deal for both teams.

Cavs make another run for the ECF next year with James, Love, Melo, Rose and Thompson, and start rebuilding the following year when LeBron bolts.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM

Post#392 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:07 pm

McGregFan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Rather than have a draft they should put all these guys in a schoolyard. If a player recruits another player for competition reasons like Butler recruits Kyrie the recruiter and recruitee playerschave to apply have said deals done and they have to forfeit salary. X amount for player recruiting and X amount for being player recruited. Otherwise all players without contracts go into a pool and the worst team picks first to the best picking last for the pool of draft eligible players and free agents. You are allowed 10 core players that you can sign to multi year deals. Free agents and rookies can only be signed by the team that picks them in the annual worst to best pool and for only a maximum of two years. No team can trade vets for entry level players. League goes hard cap no exceptions. This all happens over three days and multiple rounds until all 30 teams have full rosters and development rosters. No free movement of players except by player recruitment but comes with salary penalty and no player recruited by another player can get a max contract.

This entitled select list of teams by swelled heads and agents makes me want to walk and never watch this league again.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM

Post#393 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:15 pm

___Rand___ wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:

Your comment makes no sense. LBJ and DD are similar players. Their game is mid range and to the rim. Lebron doesn't create space. SHM.

Lowry is a man who can't perform in the playoffs. He shies away from its toughness. Lowry is a better creator yes. But he can't perform when it counts the most. He doesn't step up and score or create at the moments in the game when its needed.

Oh well then don't listen to me look at what the Cavs did with Kyrie as their leader pre Lebron second coming. Ask yourself why that was? KL has carried the Raps to their greatest success and Kyrie hasn't done sht without Lebron.
Wasp
Sixth Man
And1: 1,199

Post#394 » by Wasp » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:40 pm

Miami as a destination is intriguing. Maybe something like Irving + TT for Dragic + Whiteside would work for both parties? Miami gets the best player in the deal but Dragic is damn good and Whiteside is damn underrated. I don't think going small is the way to beat the Warriors as they're always going to do it better than you can. If you put Whiteside out there and let him eat up boards and protect the rim, I think you'd force GSW to play a traditional C every minute he's on the floor which would counter their death lineup.
Federalies
Rookie
And1: 1,424

Post#395 » by Federalies » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:57 pm

___Rand___ wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:

Look, now I loves me some DD for his skill and loyalty but to some how say that he's "similar" to one of greatest of all time...well that just insults the intelligence of both fan bases!
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,282

Post#396 » by PhilBlackson » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:03 pm

Wasp wrote:Miami as a destination is intriguing. Maybe something like Irving + TT for Dragic + Whiteside would work for both parties? Miami gets the best player in the deal but Dragic is damn good and Whiteside is damn underrated. I don't think going small is the way to beat the Warriors as they're always going to do it better than you can. If you put Whiteside out there and let him eat up boards and protect the rim, I think you'd force GSW to play a traditional C every minute he's on the floor which would counter their death lineup.

Not really.

The biggest issue is LeBron NEEDS a guy who can go and get a bucket in crunch time or to carry the scoring load during different portions of the game ie/ Wade or Kyrie. Obviously neither Dragic or Whiteside do that, besides Whiteside being a slight bonehead that was just recently showing how much he enjoys MIA I highly doubt he wants to be stuck in a hole like CLE especially when LBJ likely bounces after this season.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
___Rand___
General Manager

Post#397 » by ___Rand___ » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:18 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Oh well then don't listen to me look at what the Cavs did with Kyrie as their leader pre Lebron second coming. Ask yourself why that was? KL has carried the Raps to their greatest success and Kyrie hasn't done sht without Lebron.

We don't need Kyrie to "facilitate" in the regular season. We will run 2-pg system like Casey always does. This time instead of Corey it will be Delon or FVV beside Kyrie. We just need Kyrie to score and contribute marginally in terms of assists in the system.

Now the OTHER thing you're talking about - Kyrie not winning with Love on his side has much more to do with 1) Lue's coaching and 2) the pieces cleveland has than Kyrie's ability as a player.

Lue should really change his offense and use Love differently when Lebron is out. Instead he keeps using Love the same way, as in sit in corner or on perimeter to shoot threes. He should use Love a lot more creatively as inside-out players and they'd be a lot more effective.
___Rand___
General Manager

Post#398 » by ___Rand___ » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:24 pm

Federalies wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Look, now I loves me some DD for his skill and loyalty but to some how say that he's "similar" to one of greatest of all time...well that just insults the intelligence of both fan bases!

I'm not comparing skill levels. I'm talking about their games being mid range and to the rim. Lebron isn't KD. He doesn't create "space".

If you don't think Kyrie's stepped up in playoffs you're BLIND. Compare the playoff performances between Kyrie and Kyle. Kyrie's been much better.
___Rand___
General Manager

Post#399 » by ___Rand___ » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:48 pm

Great article by Woj on Kyrie's demands

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20125888/kyrie-irving-trade-request-shows-learned-lebron

Cavs are done for sure. Now they can go back to being the cesspool on the great lakes.
JimmyBraps
Sophomore
And1: 79

Post#400 » by JimmyBraps » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:49 pm

He wants to be the focal point of an offence because he sees these guys getting $200M contracts for himself. He got his chip now he wants the loot

Return to Toronto Raptors