ImageImageImageImageImage

Kyrie demanding a trade (Windhorst)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

agentzero2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,686

Re: Kyrie demanding a trade (Windhorst) 

Post#441 » by agentzero2010 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:46 am

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
agentzero2010 wrote:It all makes sense now as to why the Cavs were chasing after Derrick Rose. They needed someone to replace Irving. I think contrary to all the reports, james might stay and assemble the banana boat in Cleveland. Trade Irving and Shumpert for Rose, Melo and picks. Unload JR and Love to make room for CP3 and Wade next summer. Possibly sign and trade Love for CP3? Sign Wade to vet minimum?

They could have Paul/Wade/James/Anthony/Thompson/Rose

Is that good enough to beat the Warriors? Probably not. But this shifts all the powers to the players, especially the superstars that run this league.

Who the frek thinks Rose is going to move the dial. Madness.

In that hypothetical, Rose would become the sixth man. He might not win you a title on his own, but could he win you a quarter or 2 against the Warriors? Sure. The Cavs bench/supporting cast was straight trash during the last finals. Is rose a top 10 or even 20 PG? Probably not. But is he better than D-will, Korver, RJ, Shump, or Frye? Hell yeah.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#442 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:58 am

agentzero2010 wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:
agentzero2010 wrote:It all makes sense now as to why the Cavs were chasing after Derrick Rose. They needed someone to replace Irving. I think contrary to all the reports, james might stay and assemble the banana boat in Cleveland. Trade Irving and Shumpert for Rose, Melo and picks. Unload JR and Love to make room for CP3 and Wade next summer. Possibly sign and trade Love for CP3? Sign Wade to vet minimum?

Is that good enough to beat the Warriors? Probably not. But this shifts all the powers to the players, especially the superstars that run this league.

In that hypothetical, Rose would become the sixth man. He might not win you a title on his own, but could he win you a quarter or 2 against the Warriors? Sure. The Cavs bench/supporting cast was straight trash during the last finals. Is rose a top 10 or even 20 PG? Probably not. But is he better than D-will, Korver, RJ, Shump, or Frye? Hell yeah.

You underestimate how truly terrible Derrick Rose is at the moment (and has been for several years now).
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#443 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:59 am

durtysix wrote:Would make too much sense to swap him for Melo and pick(s)

No it wouldn't.

Melo plays PF/SF, both of which are occupied in Cleveland.

He's also not very good anymore. Replacing Kyrie with him does not move the dial at all for Cleveland. In fact, it probably makes them worse.
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#444 » by sule » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:04 am

agentzero2010 wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

+1. Rose off the bench with more space and no pressure could be a potentially dangerous player for such a role.

Then again, it wouldn't necessarily surprise me if Cleveland was actually serious about starting him. At least if they had a guard or forward in mind for a Kyrie trade.

I just have a feeling there was little that any of the listed teams wanted to give up for an Irving-type player, and that's why they haven't moved him yet. I also think that Irving has likely got wind of some kind of collusion between Chris Paul and LeBron and wants out before he has to suffer with a Cleveland team destined for inevitable hard losing and zero future.

if Lebron leaves after next season it'll be two seasons of Kyrie + Love + Thompson and nobody else, since just about everyone else will be off the roster too. So he'll have to play next to D-league players b/c they'll be a team in the East that's good enough to win some games, but may not be good enough to even make the playoffs. That's No Man's Land.

He's smart to want out now. And personally, I hope his value goes down so Cleveland does trade him but doesn't get enough back to actually make them better.
KobeoverLebron
Junior
And1: 322

Post#445 » by KobeoverLebron » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:15 am

Hmmm, could the Cavs make the trade for Melo and picks and then play LeBron at the point guard position..? Offensively I see it working and LeBron wouldn't have to handle such a huge scoring load, Carmelo would essentially replace Kyrie's scoring. Not sure about the defensive end.

Kyrie to the Heat for Dragic + like Wayne Ellington and Justice Winslow or whatever package you can think of also makes sense, Dragic isn't as expensive and had a great season last year that many people slept on.

In my opinion Kyrie is overrated, he is a tremendous scorer but he does his scoring in sexy and flashy ways which makes him seem more appealing, he is not a superstar and he is also prone to injuries.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,877

Post#446 » by OAKLEY_2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:23 am

KobeoverLebron wrote:Hmmm, could the Cavs make the trade for Melo and picks and then play LeBron at the point guard position..? Offensively I see it working and LeBron wouldn't have to handle such a huge scoring load, Carmelo would essentially replace Kyrie's scoring. Not sure about the defensive end.

Kyrie to the Heat for Dragic + like Wayne Ellington and Justice Winslow or whatever package you can think of also makes sense, Dragic isn't as expensive and had a great season last year that many people slept on.

In my opinion Kyrie is overrated, he is a tremendous scorer but he does his scoring in sexy and flashy ways which makes him seem more appealing, he is not a superstar and he is also prone to injuries.

Doc or Spo would be best for him but not sure I prefer Kyrie to Dragic. When we beat Miami in the playoffs Dragic was getting beat up but he was like the warrior out there never saying die. Really respect his game and the way he competes. Watching Kyrie over two series he was either feasting on us or disappearing. He didn't seem like the QB but more like a D Wade light 2'guard.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#447 » by Kevin Willis » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:57 pm

Could Bledsoe+Bender+picks for Irving work?
Ska needs to make a comeback.
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,363

Post#448 » by Hero » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:42 am

Lmao the latest alert on my phone is that LeBron would fight Kyrie if he saw him. :lol:
HolyMage110
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,462

Post#449 » by HolyMage110 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:46 am

Kevin Willis wrote:Could Bledsoe+Bender+picks for Irving work?

I was thinking the same. I think the cavs will also try to dump shumpert
Scizzup
Veteran
And1: 1,995

Post#450 » by Scizzup » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:04 am

Read on Twitter

LMAoo
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,168

Post#451 » by mademan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:24 am

I dont get why the Cavs or Melo would be interested in eachother. Melo knows he'd be coming off the bench, right? And if Lebron leaves he'd be in the position of deciding between playing in Cleveland on a lotto team for 30 mill or somewhere else for substantially less. And Cleveland trading assets, much less Kyrie Irving to bring back a guy that plays the position(s) of the your 2 best players is asinine.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#452 » by DreamTeam09 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:54 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
durtysix wrote:Would make too much sense to swap him for Melo and pick(s)

No it wouldn't.

Melo plays PF/SF, both of which are occupied in Cleveland.

He's also not very good anymore. Replacing Kyrie with him does not move the dial at all for Cleveland. In fact, it probably makes them worse.

Frank + Melo + 1st for Kyrie + Shumpert
+ wade buyout heading to clv

Rose / Jose / Frank
Wade/ Jr / RJ
Lebron / Kover
Melo / Jeff Green
Love / TT

Thats a fun team. They can create a lot of mismatches for curry and GSW. And next year when everyone leaves at least you got Frank + a pick + w/e you get for TT Love and JR

In Raptor Ball I Trust
youreachiteach
Veteran
And1: 575

Post#453 » by youreachiteach » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:49 am

I think he has to go the Suns--they have the young players and the picks to get it done. Different conference too.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#454 » by DreamTeam09 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:25 am

youreachiteach wrote:I think he has to go the Suns--they have the young players and the picks to get it done. Different conference too.

Bledsoe
Chandler or dudley
warren
Chriss or bender

for Kyrie + Shumpert + Eddy T

Kyrie chills for a year and then they make a run at Cousins

Kyrie
Booker
Josh Jackson
Chriss or Bender whoever is left
Cousins

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#455 » by Asif16 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:44 am

Im praying its a 1 team trade with Phoenix. Suns have the pieces to get it done, just depends on whether the cavs want more win now players. Bledsoe + Jackson +++ for Irving

-Another Star leaves the East for the West
-Cavs get solid players back but lets face it....the Cavs downgrade for next season. Cavs still have lebron so they automatically #1 in East but they are def more vulnerable

Raps/Celtics/Wizards def have some sort of a shot. Kinda really wished we had our bench from last season
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#456 » by OakleyDokely » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:55 pm

Billups on Kyrie:

"[Irving's trade request] didn't surprise me," Billups said on the Vic Lombardi Show. "I knew as [the Cavs] were doing their due diligence on me, I was doing the same thing on them. I knew so much about the situation that the rest of the world doesn't know. But it's unfortunate, man, because he's a special talent. So much of what he's been able to accomplish on and off the floor has been as the beneficiary of LeBron James. That would be alarming to me if I was a team looking to get him."

"You're getting everything you want," Billups said. "You're getting all the shots you want, you're playing for a great coach, when the game is on the line they're coming to you, you're playing on national TV every week. To me, I don't get it. Everybody has their own desires. Maybe he wants to be Russell Westbrook and go try to win the MVP and get all the shots. That's the only sense I can make of it, and to me that doesn't make sense."

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/chauncey-billups-knew-of-kyrie-irvings-unhappiness-when-talking-to-cavs/
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,877

Post#457 » by OAKLEY_2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:16 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Billups on Kyrie:

"[Irving's trade request] didn't surprise me," Billups said on the Vic Lombardi Show. "I knew as [the Cavs] were doing their due diligence on me, I was doing the same thing on them. I knew so much about the situation that the rest of the world doesn't know. But it's unfortunate, man, because he's a special talent. So much of what he's been able to accomplish on and off the floor has been as the beneficiary of LeBron James. That would be alarming to me if I was a team looking to get him."

"You're getting everything you want," Billups said. "You're getting all the shots you want, you're playing for a great coach, when the game is on the line they're coming to you, you're playing on national TV every week. To me, I don't get it. Everybody has their own desires. Maybe he wants to be Russell Westbrook and go try to win the MVP and get all the shots. That's the only sense I can make of it, and to me that doesn't make sense."

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/chauncey-billups-knew-of-kyrie-irvings-unhappiness-when-talking-to-cavs/

Billups does the background check and declines job. Plot thickens. Maybe Kyrie knows this is the time to cash out after LBJ boosted his value. His value might well be Roseworthy after a Lebron departure when team implodes. Cavs holding out for young piece means Lebron is gone after this year. Cavs breaking up.
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,989

Post#458 » by Mack11 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:56 pm

Scizzup wrote:
Read on Twitter

LMAoo

lol this dude is out here reporting the gossip section of the high school paper with this he say she say crap
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,201

Post#459 » by Dalek » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:17 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Billups on Kyrie:

On the surface it sounds crazy to leave a contender. But, I think playing with Lebron has held Kyrie back from being a true franchise player. It is crazy that he doesn't get selected to an All-Star team but people look at him like he is only being gifted the space to operate with Lebron on the floor.

Kyrie is Uncle Drew. He has a potential brand that could far exceed even that of Steph Curry given his talent and charisma. Take him to NY you will see it. Especially with a nice compliment like Porzingis you will see him take over games. I don't know if he is Westbrook level -- he isn't as good an athlete -- but his handle and game are perfect for NY.
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#460 » by hsb » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:00 pm

Irving already has a championship, the one, argument-ending detail without which an NBA career is incomplete. And the time to find out how good he could be is right now. In a sense, his career has become a metaphor for his game. He’s a score-first point guard. No one thought he’d develop into the league’s most terrifying crunch-time iso threat — the type of player whose selfishness and egomaniacal confidence could win games at the highest level. To take the next step, he’ll need to become the facilitator no one thinks he can be and turn his defense up from disastrous to at least passable. The modern history of 6-foot-3-and-under point guards taking over 19 shots a game, outside of Steph Curry, does not inspire confidence. I do not think that Irving can be the best player on a contending team. Then again, back when I was watching him lose 50 games a season and grousing at Dion Waiters and dropping 40 on the Knicks, I never thought he’d be a player who could a win a title for his team. I don’t think Kyrie Irving can be the man. But I really want to watch him try.

https://theringer.com/kyrie-irving-kevin-durant-trade-cleveland-600dd1ae2bd8
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'

Return to Toronto Raptors