ImageImageImageImageImage

[BleacherReport] NBA Power Rankings Disagrees with some, but not all, of Raptors RealGM Braintrust

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Re: [BleacherReport] NBA Power Rankings Disagrees with some, but not all, of Raptors RealGM Braintrust 

Post#21 » by Rapsalot » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:49 am

This looks close enough on more than 75% of the team's not to complain about article.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,726

Re: [BleacherReport] NBA Power Rankings Disagrees with some, but not all, of Raptors RealGM Braintrust 

Post#22 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:13 am

I kind of tune lists like these out when I see Clevland at #2, they finished 5th last year and didn't get better.

The west got so much better too, there shouldn't be a east team in the top 5 imo. Whoever gets first in the east this year, will get swept. Last year's finals where so lopsided, how could anyone expect different.
TackyRapsFan
Veteran
And1: 2,374

Post#23 » by TackyRapsFan » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:20 am

This thread does not deserve replies.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,989

Post#24 » by Mack11 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:35 am

data plans can auto correct us now? whats next cpu chips in the brian
Drop Shot
RealGM
And1: 91,916

Re: But The Raptors RealGM Braintrust said we sucked? 

Post#25 » by Drop Shot » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:10 am

lolwut wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:
Inevitable wrote:

My data plan auto corrected :nonono:

Do you know what a data plan is?

Never forget

RaptorsLife wrote:
livnthedream416 wrote:Screw the thread, how do you have 24,051 posts in just over 2 years?!?!

Raptors life is the name. So I gotta respects lol but nah. I just data plan. I'm posting this at slivercity brampton in trinty commons.

S/O to Bruno for the Sig and Avi
Vince_Carter15
Pro Prospect
And1: 862

Post#26 » by Vince_Carter15 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:09 pm

Federalies wrote:So after literally months of reading multiple threads about how much we sucked and how we were kidding ourselves if we dared think there was the slimmest chance we might compete with the likes of Boston, Washington, Milwaukee, and maybe even...gasp...Philadelphia !

But then those homer talking heads over at that "Fake News" site Bleacher Report put out their post Free Agency Power Rankings! What...low and behold they placed us at ...7! But but...that's ahead of all of those teams except Boston...and the Celtic are only 2 spots ahead at 5!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2722832-nba-power-rankings-as-free-agency-winds-down

I don't get it...don't they know we suck and that we're just a treadmill team? :o :noway: :crazy: :nonono: :nod:

Anyone that watches the Raptors should know we're a better team this year than last. Masai has no motivation attachments like BC did with bargnani. Our worst three performancers are on the way out from last year. Carroll pp and joseph. You can argue you dont like our direction but the moves were excellent with our direction.
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,807

Post#27 » by Steelo Green » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:21 pm

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:I kind of tune lists like these out when I see Clevland at #2, they finished 5th last year and didn't get better.

The west got so much better too, there shouldn't be a east team in the top 5 imo. Whoever gets first in the east this year, will get swept. Last year's finals where so lopsided, how could anyone expect different.

They're #2 and deservedly so because they have Lebron.
dalton749
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,433

Post#28 » by dalton749 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:16 pm

This team should be better. We have a bunch of hungry young guys who will get after it on d, and don't have to be focal points on o since we can have 2 of Lowry, demar, serge and Jv on at all times if needed. I think they'll compliment the vets very well and bring a ton more energy to the team, which we lacked last year after losing biz
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,191

Post#29 » by Tofubeque » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:19 pm

Inevitable wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:How does this prove we suck as a Bryan trust

Fixed.

props Turbozone
Lockdown
RealGM
And1: 1,499

Post#30 » by Lockdown » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:10 am

RaptorsLife wrote: data plan

Lisa needs new braces.
BBallInSight
Sixth Man
And1: 1,337

Post#31 » by BBallInSight » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:40 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
metafisical wrote:We suck. We are a treadmill team. A Bleacher Report power ranking will not convince me otherwise. Tanking is our championship. Bench or trade Demar, Lowry, Ibaka and JV.

We have the ability to shame even Hinkie.

There should be a team added to the league that does nothing but tank. Tanks supporters who lurk around various teams can unite and support that outfit.

The Tanks.
lorax
Sixth Man
And1: 220

Post#32 » by lorax » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:42 pm

Mack11 wrote:data plans can auto correct us now? whats next cpu chips in the brian

Any way ... not cpu's but perhaps the prelude.

http://kstp.com/news/wisconsin-company-to-implant-microchips-in-employees-three-square-market/4549459/
JYD wrote:Could someone summarize the nothingness please?
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#33 » by ontnut » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:04 pm

One group disagrees with some, but not all, of another group. Groundbreaking.
Federalies
Rookie
And1: 1,424

Post#34 » by Federalies » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:01 pm

ontnut wrote:One group disagrees with some, but not all, of another group. Groundbreaking.

I think some, but not all, would agree with you! :angel:
BramptonYute
Head Coach
And1: 8,677

Post#35 » by BramptonYute » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:19 pm

CDN Uprising wrote:
lolwut wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:My data plan auto corrected :nonono:

Do you know what a data plan is?

Never forget

RaptorsLife wrote:
livnthedream416 wrote:Screw the thread, how do you have 24,051 posts in just over 2 years?!?!

Raptors life is the name. So I gotta respects lol but nah. I just data plan. I'm posting this at slivercity brampton in trinty commons.

Yoooo Lmaoooo
Reg00
Starter
And1: 1,402

Post#36 » by Reg00 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:04 pm

The Raps are not a treadmill team. That term was originally used to describe any team that was consistently good enough be outside the top lottery while also not good enough to get to the playoffs. This was your typical 25-38 win team.

The goal posts on that topic have been changed so desperately (mostly by hard line Tankers) at this point that essentially it includes any team that isn't the GSW or possibly Cleveland.

Now if we want to get into a tier'd treadmill system debate I'm all for it. For instance GSW are a Tier 1 ("True contender/favorite status") treadmill team and the 76'ers are trying to get out of tier 5 ("bottom feeders"). This is obviously based on the idea of what a literal treadmill is (ie. motion while staying in the same spot). I would put the Raps at this point as a Tier 2 or 3 ("alt-contenders" and "playoff locks" respectively).

Fun ways to think of moves: "does Kyries trade demands land Cleveland into Tier 3 territory?" "Is the League more fun with multiple Tier 2-3 level teams and no clear 1?" "Will the 76'ers leap frog Tier 3-4 and go right into tier 2?"

Yeah the offseason is long sometimes...
5'11 Point Forward
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#37 » by Pooh_Jeter » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:30 pm

OMG LOOK AT THIS TEAM NEGATIVE POOPY PANTS!!!! THIS LIST FROM A WEBSITE THAT I WAS BASHING RELENTLESSLY AS FAKE NEWS FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS SAID WE ARE A TOP 10 TEAM!!!

I BET U TANKERS U DIRTY TANKERS WANT US RELEGATED TO THE G LEAGUE AND THEN TANK SOME MORE AND THEN LIKE WHY U HATE WINNING BASKETBALL GAMES MAN. I LIKE THIS CULTURE AND THAT OTHER STUFF MASAI SAID WE R BUILDING.

I CANT BELIEVE A MEDIA OUTLET SAID TORONTO!!!! THATS WHERE WE LIVE!!! YAY BLEACHER REPORT THANK U FOR INCLUDIING US IN UR SUBJECTIVE POWER RANKINGS LIST THAT HAS BEEN ASSEMBLED BEFORE THE REGULAR SEASON HAS ACTUALLY STARTED!!!
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.

Return to Toronto Raptors