ImageImageImageImageImage

Wright, Powell Ready For Bigger Roles With Raptors

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,859

Re: Wright, Powell Ready For Bigger Roles With Raptors 

Post#21 » by Spicy P » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:40 pm

UnRealGM wrote:tempering excitement with full expectation of casey gluing these guys to the bench.

Gluing them to the bench in favour of who? Tucker, Carroll, Ross, Patterson, Joseph are all gone.
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,763

Post#22 » by MessiahUjiri » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:58 pm

HeartDonor wrote:Young Gunz 2.0

Wright.Powell.OG.Siakam.Poetl

Vs.

Jack.Demar.Weems.Davis.Johnson

Who you got?

This is a good question. Demar is the best scorer out of all the names, even though people will always fantasize about a rosier future with any new group of prospects.

That being said, the 2.0 version is much more rounded out and better. Interesting to see that both teams are weak from long range, but the new young guys have a great amount of two way potential.

I would go so far to say that our young guys are on par with Orlando's young core, even though the Magic have been terrible and have had higher draft picks. Admittedly, their youngins will have higher brand recognition, but our guys are all two way contributors, which goes a long way when it comes to winning contributions.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,110

Post#23 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:02 pm

Rapsalot wrote:I have 95% confidence Powell ready for regular 25 mpg wing roles SG and small SF.

DW has not shown much in 3 years. Hurt more than KLow and never plays. Show me 50 games in a row where you can play 18 minutes per and deliver 8!

Well Wrights only been here 2 years and only hurt once. So you have no idea what you're talking about
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,722

Post#24 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:04 pm

The way Fred/Poeltl/Siakam played in summer league, along with Wright and Powell now. I'm not worried. They look like they are ready to gobble up those minutes.
ThemCrookedRefs
Head Coach
And1: 11,190

Post#25 » by ThemCrookedRefs » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:36 pm

BBallInSight wrote:What's Casey going to do with his vets gone?

Pull a Lavar Ball and forfeit all the games.
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,906

Post#26 » by Potential » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:42 pm

Man I can't wait. These are the 2 players I've been most excited to see since last year
zippy
Veteran
And1: 4,130

Post#27 » by zippy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:46 pm

I'm expecting Powell to start TBH.

Lowry/Derozan/Powell/Ibaka/JV
Wright/Miles/OG/Siakam/Poetl
Vanvleet/Bruno/Bebe

I can't see Casey starting Miles, and allowing the bench with absolutely no vets. Won't happen, 90% chance Powell is our starting SF.
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,833

Post#28 » by JShuttlesworth » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:51 pm

Cory Joe was averaging roughly 25 minutes per game. Wright will get those minutes - His length also makes him valuable on D when we run our double PG lineups. Ross, in previous seasons, was also getting roughly 25 minutes a game. Those minutes will be Norm's now, and I expect them to play in a similar role. Whether Norm comes off the bench or starts I expect his minutes to be in that range.

It's going to be great seeing these two get some burn.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#29 » by DreamTeam09 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:01 pm

Bruno is going to get some run and is going to look good, especially early on in the preseason. He fills a void that this team currently has as constructed. He played well enough in the clv game last year to have an idea on what to prepare for. I personally love his game and is rooting for him.

I've been screaming Delon's n Norms name all summer so, lets get it

In Raptor Ball I Trust
rapcity10
Senior
And1: 437

Post#30 » by rapcity10 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:06 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:Bruno is going to get some run and is going to look good, especially early on in the preseason. He fills a void that this team currently has as constructed. He played well enough in the clv game last year to have an idea on what to prepare for. I personally love his game and is rooting for him.

Bruno is garbage stop this. His d league stats last year were garbage for someone who has been playing in that league and level consistently for 3 years he should be dominating. Shooting numbers were dreadful. Just because he played well against James Jones, Richard Jefferson, Kay felder, and Walter Tavares on the floor in the final game doesn't mean he's ready for the NBA level. Lmfao one game?
rapcity10
Senior

Post#31 » by rapcity10 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:11 pm

Powell has some good room to grow, I expect to see more and more good ball at a more consistent level from him. He's a keeper. Delon Wright is not that good, and is not a good prospect. A decent one? Yes. A good one? Meh. Hes just as much of a prospect as Corey Joseph is, they are both the same age at 25 years old, Corey is only 8 months olde, and he's 10 times the NBA player Delon is. Corey is one of the premium back ups in the league. For a point guard that was supposedly NBA ready coming out of college he looks lost out there In a lot of games. Plus he looks exactly the same as he did when he came into the league. I expect vanvleeet to replace him for a good chunk of games at backup pg this year.
WTNRaps
Rookie
And1: 3,049

Post#32 » by WTNRaps » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:12 pm

Wow a lot of expectations from these guys. I'm not expecting much. Wouldn't be surprised if we end up with 45 wins
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#33 » by DreamTeam09 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:19 pm

rapcity10 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:Bruno is going to get some run and is going to look good, especially early on in the preseason. He fills a void that this team currently has as constructed. He played well enough in the clv game last year to have an idea on what to prepare for. I personally love his game and is rooting for him.

Bruno is garbage stop this. His d league stats last year were garbage for someone who has been playing in that league and level consistently for 3 years he should be dominating. Shooting numbers were dreadful. Just because he played well against James Jones, Richard Jefferson, Kay felder, and Walter Tavares on the floor in the final game doesn't mean he's ready for the NBA level. Lmfao one game?

Uggh but i'll bare with you.

The 905 was ran in away last year that no1 was really dominating, that was a sharing oriented system they ran.
Stack has the highest regard for Bruno
There were games last year where Bruno did "dominate" in the dleague. Especially playoffs, + finals
Again, he fills a void that we currently have,

Instead of laughing at my post, articulate your objection in away that can lead to thoughtful rebuttals and good conversation. Like my post says, we should see soon in the preseason

In Raptor Ball I Trust
rapcity10
Senior

Post#34 » by rapcity10 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:19 pm

Btw you guys are going to eat Crow on Corey Joseph this year. You don't know what you have till it's gone. Imagine We had didint have Corey last year when Lowry went down, and wright was the starting pg. Dear lord, we would have seen a big slide in the standings.
rapcity10
Senior

Post#35 » by rapcity10 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:26 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:
rapcity10 wrote:

The 905 was ran in away last year that no1 was really dominating, that was a sharing oriented system they ran.
There were games last year where Bruno did "dominate" in the dleague. Especially playoffs, + finals

Instead of laughing at my post, articulate your objection in away that can lead to thoughtful rebuttals and good conversation. Like my post says, we should see soon in the preseason

Listen if your ready to be playing meaningful NBA minutes, let alone playing meaningful minutes for a playoff team you have to be showing a good body of work, and a consistent one. Not for 5 games don't tell me that. His shooting numbers from 3 and 2, and his overall efficiency every year his last three years playing in the Gatorade league have been garbage. Temper your expectations on the Brazilian Kevin Durant.
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,646

Post#36 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:38 pm

Delon, Powell, Jakob and possible Bruno mins are the only thing I'm looking forward to next season
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,877

Post#37 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:41 pm

rapcity10 wrote:Powell has some good room to grow, I expect to see more and more good ball at a more consistent level from him. He's a keeper. Delon Wright is not that good, and is not a good prospect. A decent one? Yes. A good one? Meh. Hes just as much of a prospect as Corey Joseph is, they are both the same age at 25 years old, Corey is only 8 months olde, and he's 10 times the NBA player Delon is. Corey is one of the premium back ups in the league. For a point guard that was supposedly NBA ready coming out of college he looks lost out there In a lot of games. Plus he looks exactly the same as he did when he came into the league. I expect vanvleeet to replace him for a good chunk of games at backup pg this year.

Joseph hurt are we?
rapcity10
Senior

Post#38 » by rapcity10 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:43 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
rapcity10 wrote:Powell has some good room to grow, I expect to see more and more good ball at a more consistent level from him. He's a keeper. Delon Wright is not that good, and is not a good prospect. A decent one? Yes. A good one? Meh. Hes just as much of a prospect as Corey Joseph is, they are both the same age at 25 years old, Corey is only 8 months olde, and he's 10 times the NBA player Delon is. Corey is one of the premium back ups in the league. For a point guard that was supposedly NBA ready coming out of college he looks lost out there In a lot of games. Plus he looks exactly the same as he did when he came into the league. I expect vanvleeet to replace him for a good chunk of games at backup pg this year.

Joseph hurt are we?

Yeah I'm crying as we speak. I have posters of him framed in my momz basement.
T-Dot-O
Sophomore
And1: 328

Post#39 » by T-Dot-O » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:49 pm

Let me pause that for you. I also agree with you on bruno. I think he's capable of spot minutes here n there until we see more from him throughout the season.
T-Dot-O
Sophomore
And1: 328

Post#40 » by T-Dot-O » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:57 pm

rapcity10 wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
rapcity10 wrote:Bruno is garbage stop this. His d league stats last year were garbage for someone who has been playing in that league and level consistently for 3 years he should be dominating. Shooting numbers were dreadful. Just because he played well against James Jones, Richard Jefferson, Kay felder, and Walter Tavares on the floor in the final game doesn't mean he's ready for the NBA level. Lmfao one game?

Listen if your ready to be playing meaningful NBA minutes, let alone playing meaningful minutes for a playoff team you have to be showing a good body of work, and a consistent one. Not for 5 games don't tell me that. His shooting numbers from 3 and 2, and his overall efficiency every year his last three years playing in the Gatorade league have been garbage. Temper your expectations on the Brazilian Kevin Durant.

What's one thing we all want from bruno? Is to show a bit of progress, and i must say he's coming along very well. From when he first got drafted, fast forward 4 years later and i see a guy filling out his body and working on his game consistently getting better day in and day out. Instead of being a debbie downer lets just root for the guy to excel. Bruno has a place in the NBA in my eyes. That's just my opinion.

Return to Toronto Raptors