ImageImageImageImageImage

Running into a realgm raptor fan

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Have you met a raptors realgm fan before

Yes
38%
No
62%

Total votes: 109

hankscorpioLA
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Re: Running into a realgm raptor fan 

Post#21 » by hankscorpioLA » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:32 pm

Long time ago. Think it was RaptorSingh. We both bought a ticket to a game from another user so we sat next to each other.

Good dude.
The absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence.
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,380

Post#22 » by Courtside » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:39 pm

I've met dozens of realgmers. Several times during group meetups, other times at bars or to see games. Back before this place became an And1 contest and wasn't overrun by 3 posters with 200 posts a day, you could have decent coversations and even make friends. The fact that some of you people would find it so weird is telling as to why things are as they are now.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#23 » by Geddy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:38 pm

I met ill once. I placed my hand on his thigh
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
ThatClockWork
Veteran
And1: 1,856

Post#24 » by ThatClockWork » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:05 pm

Geddy wrote:I met ill once. I placed my hand on his thigh

"the force was strong in him"
Barack Obama wrote:You can’t lose heart, or grow cynical if there are twists and turns on your journey. The cynics may be the loudest voices — but I promise you, they will accomplish the least.
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#25 » by sule » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:07 pm

Courtside wrote:I've met dozens of realgmers. Several times during group meetups, other times at bars or to see games. Back before this place became an And1 contest and wasn't overrun by 3 posters with 200 posts a day, you could have decent coversations and even make friends. The fact that some of you people would find it so weird is telling as to why things are as they are now.

:lol:

But seriously, it's kind of annoying that there are a few posters who have joined within the last year or two but have like 20,000+ posts. You can't go into a single thread without the opinions of a half-dozen posters just ransacking the topic like it's some kind of day job. It's really taken a toll on the quality of this forum.
Yorkz
Junior
And1: 137

Post#26 » by Yorkz » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:21 pm

Some of the best posters on this board including some Global Mods *cough* *cough* started out as frenzied posters who eventually settled down. And many of the manic posters tire themselves out and move on to their next thing. It's part of the RealGM cycle of life.
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#27 » by Clutch Carter » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:12 pm

People have been complaining about the 'good ol days' for as long as I've been here. The board hasn't changed, you have... and no I've never met anybody from here because my mom doesn't like me leaving the basement.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#28 » by Scott Hall » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:17 am

Never met anyone...

But I used to be on the ESPN boards in the late 90's-early to mid 2000's. Me and Dagger who was ACCFAN were on there
I remember him trying to plan a boycott of Adidas Canada because he felt they were behind brain washing McGrady to leave.

The ESPN boards weren't moderated and the place became a complete zoo and full of trolls and Kobe Fanboys. With Vince
Carter leaving we were easy ammo.

I started hearing about Real GM and couldn't believe how popular it was with Raptors fans. I didn't understand it at all because
the Raptors board was the only one that was super active and the rest of the team forums were dead which is why I stayed
with ESPN till the bitter end. For the longest time I just thought this was some Toronto Website as Real GM just seemed
like some unknown or not popular basketball website among most fans.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#29 » by Inevitable » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:58 am

Scott Hall wrote:Never met anyone...

But I used to be on the ESPN boards in the late 90's-early to mid 2000's. Me and Dagger who was ACCFAN were on there
I remember him trying to plan a boycott of Adidas Canada because he felt they were behind brain washing McGrady to leave.

The ESPN boards weren't moderated and the place became a complete zoo and full of trolls and Kobe Fanboys. With Vince
Carter leaving we were easy ammo.

I started hearing about Real GM and couldn't believe how popular it was with Raptors fans. I didn't understand it at all because
the Raptors board was the only one that was super active and the rest of the team forums were dead which is why I stayed
with ESPN till the bitter end. For the longest time I just thought this was some Toronto Website as Real GM just seemed
like some unknown or not popular basketball website among most fans.

Those ESPN boards were indeed a cesspool, a few Raptors fans told me of the official Raptors fan forum called Raptors Chat to move onto. It was exactly like this board + an active off topic board. Some **** happened where some members hacked the board and it was never the same so I migrated here.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,111

Post#30 » by C Court » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:51 am

I've met a lot of Real GMers at Raptors games.

But my mom told me to stop meeting strangers on the internet.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#31 » by YogiStewart » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:34 am

The list is long.
Centre Court
Courtside
Ranger
Skinny pants
The Doctor
Alfred
Double Helix
Whysoserious
Brings
Dagger
Shazam
eating a Book (even bumped into him at the airport last month)
And a few others that don't post on here anymore and/or I've forgotten their usernames.

When you are Yogi, the clown prince of RGM, you end up meeting.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,111

Post#32 » by C Court » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:44 pm

Yogi
Lockdown
Whysoserious
Skinny
Turbo Zone
Shazzam
The Doctor
Brickhead
Double Helix
James Raptor
Courtside

There are a few who don't post anymore and I forgot their names. I've also seen dagger rushing to his seat at Raps games, but I have never introduced myself in person - even though I buy some Raps tix from him. For awhile, Doctor and I would randomly park next to each other at Raps games which was kinda weird. :o
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#33 » by tecumseh18 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:16 pm

I started out online on Scott Carefoot's old Raptorblog site. It was a pretty active forum back in the day, and I met up a few of the guys there (including Scott) many times. I was eminem enterprises, if anyone here was there.

YogiStewart wrote:The list is long.
Centre Court
Courtside
Ranger
Skinny pants
The Doctor
Alfred
Double Helix
Whysoserious
Brings
Dagger
Shazam
eating a Book (even bumped into him at the airport last month)
And a few others that don't post on here anymore and/or I've forgotten their usernames.

Well, that's the last piece of furniture I buy from you! (No, seriously it is the last. Since then, my wife will no longer allow me to bring anything into the house that she hasn't pre-authorized.)

As for Courtside, it's cool when you meet up with a RealGMer to watch a game (the Spurs destroying us I believe), and then you find out that you have two or three other shared interests that matter even more than basketball.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#34 » by RaptorsNorth » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:49 pm

mamadoundiaye wrote:I haven't. Have you?

On second thought I have many years ago at a bar. He was an Asian guy said he was posting on the site....it was really brief

William Lou ?
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
RealDTox
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#35 » by RealDTox » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:33 pm

I remember the day I figured out my coworkers Real GM id based on his comments and post timings. After that I created an account just to mess with him lol He was so pissed, especially when I would bring up his posts during work conversations. It's funny that it started out as a joke but now I log in daily.
Spex
Pro Prospect
And1: 939

Post#36 » by Spex » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:48 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:Some of us got together at the Ross draft in 2012, when the Raptors hosted a draft party for STHers at Maple Leaf Square. While Raptors were on the clock, I was advocating forcefully for Drummond, but dagger wasn't so sure. In the end, he was more correct about Drummond as a prospect, but I was more right about the value of Drummond being a trade piece (at least early in his career). Another in our group wanted Rivers. Most would have been happy with Lamb. The Ross pick was like a punch in the face to us.

It was fun, but it never happened again quite like that. For the 2016 draft, four of us did get together at the St. Louis' (IIRC) near Rogers Centre. We posted an invitation on the board the day before. At the next table was ANOTHER group of RealGMers. I can't remember if they were responding to the invitation.

I was in the other group, I don't think we realized it was an invitation we just were looking for a bar to watch the draft and probably saw on realgm that it would be shown there.
OW ONGRI AAU
welcome to dinosaur team and championship time.
flipside21
Veteran
And1: 896

Post#37 » by flipside21 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:48 pm

I used to manage a sizeable project team at one of the banks. There were at least 2 or 3 analysts on the team I would notice on these forums from time to time. Smiled and laughed, but never said anything. No one wants to know their boss is peaking at their web browser - but it's hard not to notice a familiar venue!
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,918

Post#38 » by lolwut » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:55 pm

It was another RealGM poster who got me to sign up on this site back in 2005.
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,569

Post#39 » by dTox » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:14 pm

RealDtox is a work colleague of mine, who, when I introduced him to realgm, couldn't have thought of a more creative name to use.

Edit: Just noticed that SOB post here
TBZ for the win
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,264

Post#40 » by PhilBlackson » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:26 pm

RealDTox wrote:I remember the day I figured out my coworkers Real GM id based on his comments and post timings. After that I created an account just to mess with him lol He was so pissed, especially when I would bring up his posts during work conversations. It's funny that it started out as a joke but now I log in daily.

The Employee Handbook should have it clearly laid out not to troll coworkers on RealGM.

Keep playing & get that @ss fired.

#reported
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley

Return to Toronto Raptors