ImageImageImageImageImage

OT Rowan Barrett JR reclassify to 2018

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

execoftheyear
Analyst
And1: 2,171

Re: OT Rowan Barrett JR reclassify to 2018 

Post#41 » by execoftheyear » Tue Aug 1, 2017 2:48 am

rapcity10 wrote:Watch the Celtics get him with the 2019 Sacramento pick. But honestly, Masai needs to find a way to be bad enough to have a chance of getting him. The lottery is rigged to a tee. If you don't believe that, you are a very delusional person. If we finish anywhere between 1-7 worst records in the league in 2019 Adam silver and the NBA will gift us RJ.

with our luck in the draft Adam Silver will make up some bull rule where you're not allowed to draft a player from your hometown with the first pick
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,743

Post#42 » by metafisical » Tue Aug 1, 2017 5:21 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Yo Masai's 3 yr plan might actually be a 1.5 yr plan. Masai has that tWo shirt printed.

Unfortunately, Masai's tWo stands for Treadmill World Order.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
Big Mac Biyombo
Analyst
And1: 8,068

Post#43 » by Big Mac Biyombo » Tue Aug 1, 2017 8:24 am

FreshyFlames wrote:
Big Mac Biyombo wrote:
rapcity10 wrote:How are we a free agent destination? Who was the last big free agent that was interested in the raptors or even considered them? The last one i remember was Lamarcus Aldridge, and that was coming after the sweep against the Wizards. We were talking bout Kevin Durant for years on here, people here were actually convinced he was coming here. He was a free agent right after our ECF birth and best season in franchise history too, the man didn't even consider us. I only see us getting carrol's, cj miles, scola's, role players like that signing with us. Demar Derozan stayed because he genuinely loves this city and country, and he's all about loyalty but we paid him 140 million no other team was gonna pay him close to that. Kyle Lowry had one foot out the door, all his potential suitors went another direction, he had no team willing to give him the money we gave him at 100 million. We're on the Atlanta Hawks trend of winning and making the playoffs, not the Spurs don't fool yourself. We are FAR FAR FAR away from a finals or championship.

Yeah but we don't have to tank to get All-Stars. Just on last year's AS Team, there were tons of guys picked outside of the top 5.

Curry, Thompson, Green, Leonard, Gasol, Butler, Thomas, DeRozan, Lowry, George, Jordan, Giannis, Walker, Hayward and Millsap were all guys outside of the top 5. This myth that you need to have the #1 pick every year is so baseless. Even Jordan and Kobe were 3rd and 13th in their respective drafts.

There's not a LeBron in every draft. In fact, aside from him and Duncan, no #1 pick has won a title with the team that drafted them since Hakeem It's kind of disingenuous to say that LeBron even won a title with the team that drafted him considering he left and watched them get 3 more #1's before he came back.

KYRIE?

I worded that wrong. I should have said "no #1 pick has led a team."
Raptorstopfan wrote:Demar is inarguably the best jump shooter NBA has seen in a long long time.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#44 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Wed Aug 2, 2017 6:21 am

**** I guess it's too late for Masai to reclassify his tank right?

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Post#45 » by XxIronChainzxX » Wed Aug 2, 2017 12:54 pm

execoftheyear wrote:
rapcity10 wrote:Watch the Celtics get him with the 2019 Sacramento pick. But honestly, Masai needs to find a way to be bad enough to have a chance of getting him. The lottery is rigged to a tee. If you don't believe that, you are a very delusional person. If we finish anywhere between 1-7 worst records in the league in 2019 Adam silver and the NBA will gift us RJ.

with our luck in the draft Adam Silver will make up some bull rule where you're not allowed to draft a player from your hometown with the first pick

The way we got **** out of KG and AI hurt this franchise. And KD, though knowing our luck Colangelo would have picked Oden or Bargnani anyway.
CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Post#46 » by CoachJReturns » Wed Aug 2, 2017 1:10 pm

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:**** I guess it's too late for Masai to reclassify his tank right?

I see what you did there. 8-)
Potential
RealGM
And1: 43,907

Post#47 » by Potential » Wed Aug 2, 2017 4:30 pm

We gotta hope for a terrible choke season this year that will force Masai to blow it up
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#48 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed Aug 2, 2017 7:58 pm

The kid looks like a grown man, it's crazy I remember seeing him on CityTv not even 2 years ago he looked like a child.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM

Post#49 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed Aug 2, 2017 8:00 pm

HeartDonor wrote:As much as I love me some young prospects, RJ Barret especially, I hate the idea of tanking for them. We're just now establishing ourselves as an organization that is committed to a winning culture. We have gained a lot of respect among nba players, fans and media. We're finally seen as a legitimate free agent destination, and our stars are finally staying and enjoying themselves. We're closer to the top than the bottom. Those of us that have been around long enough, aren't interested in going back to the gutters of NBA class. We are a couple trades/signings away from the Finals. I believe in our current core of young players, and believe you don't always need lottery picks to draft a superstar. Though they help your chances greatly, guys like Khawi Leonard, Draymond Green, Paul George, etc, weren't top of the draft picks/prospects. We're finally winning, and basketball in May feels damn good. Hop on board fellas

Agreed, we're on the verge of a title we need to stay the course.

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
rapcity10
Senior
And1: 437

Post#50 » by rapcity10 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 8:04 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:
HeartDonor wrote:As much as I love me some young prospects, RJ Barret especially, I hate the idea of tanking for them. We're just now establishing ourselves as an organization that is committed to a winning culture. We have gained a lot of respect among nba players, fans and media. We're finally seen as a legitimate free agent destination, and our stars are finally staying and enjoying themselves. We're closer to the top than the bottom. Those of us that have been around long enough, aren't interested in going back to the gutters of NBA class. We are a couple trades/signings away from the Finals. I believe in our current core of young players, and believe you don't always need lottery picks to draft a superstar. Though they help your chances greatly, guys like Khawi Leonard, Draymond Green, Paul George, etc, weren't top of the draft picks/prospects. We're finally winning, and basketball in May feels damn good. Hop on board fellas

Agreed 100 percent. Next year when Lebron leaves its our year.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#51 » by Patman » Wed Aug 2, 2017 8:07 pm

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
execoftheyear wrote:

The way we got **** out of KG and AI hurt this franchise. And KD, though knowing our luck Colangelo would have picked Oden or Bargnani anyway.

There's an alternate universe where the one-and-done rule doesn't exist, and we would've drafted Oden, and he would have never gotten hurt, and he leads us to a title.
Northface82
RealGM
And1: 59,711

Post#52 » by Northface82 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 8:08 pm

rapcity10 wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:
Spoiler:

Agreed 100 percent. Next year when Lebron leaves its our year.

RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#53 » by RaptorsLife » Wed Aug 2, 2017 8:11 pm

I feel like people will surpised where we're gonna finish this year.

This is a 4th or 5th seed
Raptors til death
Basketball_Jones
RealGM

Post#54 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed Aug 2, 2017 8:14 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:I feel like people will surpised where we're gonna finish this year.

This is a 4th or 5th seed

1st or 2nd imo. We all know how hard Lowry/Derozan go during the season like every game is a championship game 7. They don't coast like the Cavs and Wizards.

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#55 » by StopitLeo » Wed Aug 2, 2017 9:17 pm

Tanking isn't realistic. Trading for unprotected or lightly protected lottery picks it's more feasible.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#56 » by Throwback24 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 9:31 pm

Good. School is a scam, get paid asap.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
Moose23
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#57 » by Moose23 » Thu Aug 3, 2017 10:38 am

Let the team play and lose in the 1st or 2nd round this season then trade the top 3 or 4 guys on our team for youth and picks.

Stack the odds for a breakout talent and top picks in 2019 and 2020.

Bring back vince to sell the tickets

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Return to Toronto Raptors