ImageImageImageImageImage

ESPN's wayyyy too early forecast 4 Raps: 6th in East

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

rapcity10
Senior
And1: 437

Re: ESPN's wayyyy too early forecast 4 Raps: 6th in East 

Post#141 » by rapcity10 » Sat Aug 5, 2017 7:45 am

The_Hater wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:dude the bucks being better than us is not as ridiculous as you think. They had one of the best records in the east after the Allstar break and that was without their star player Parker. They also took us to 6 games without him. I think some people totally forget about the addition of Parker to that bucks line up for next season.

Bucks were 21-13 since the start of february. They didn't have Parker. Raps were 21-11. Raptors didn't have Lowry who is a far better player. Why do so many people refuse to objectively give this team any credit.

What happened last year doesn't matter, the Bucks are young, athletic, dangerous, have a great player and could easily pass the Raptors and every other EC team in the standings this season. I'm not sure why the thought of this is so outrageous to many people.

It's hard for kool aid fans to swallow.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,572

Post#142 » by DreamTeam09 » Sat Aug 5, 2017 8:01 am

Clv
Raps
Bost
Miami
Wash
Bucks
Det
Indy

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,797

Post#143 » by Johnny Bball » Sat Aug 5, 2017 2:10 pm

rapcity10 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
Bucks were 21-13 since the start of february. They didn't have Parker. Raps were 21-11. Raptors didn't have Lowry who is a far better player. Why do so many people refuse to objectively give this team any credit.

What happened last year doesn't matter, the Bucks are young, athletic, dangerous, have a great player and could easily pass the Raptors and every other EC team in the standings this season. I'm not sure why the thought of this is so outrageous to many people.

It's hard for kool aid fans to swallow.

if google didn't exist, I would bet a ton of money you don't have any idea where that expression came from.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,889

Post#144 » by OAKLEY_2 » Sat Aug 5, 2017 5:58 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:
purelystellar00 wrote:
Oh man, this shows how little this guy knows about the raptors and about the NBA. He really ranked the HORNETS and Bucks above the Raptors, this kevin pelton is retarted
dude the bucks being better than us is not as ridiculous as you think. They had one of the best records in the east after the Allstar break and that was without their star player Parker. They also took us to 6 games without him. I think some people totally forget about the addition of Parker to that bucks line up for next season.

Massive inferiority complex about where the Raps fit within the star cluster NBA. Same thing use to happen with fans about the Jays when they struggled to get past Oakland. In those days, apparently, a team full of Dominicans couldn't do sht, American players had the competitive mojo, etc. etc. The pundits have been saying for two years that Boston was the better team but we should have easily finished ahead of them last year had we not had two broken down players in Pat and DMC. Is Boston better now now? Yes but not by that much. We should cut our team a bit more slack.
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#145 » by timdunkit » Sun Aug 6, 2017 3:50 am

There is a sense to always overrate the impact of activity and underrate when a team stands pat. Activity brings with it hope and the potential of improvement. Maybe the 76ers will make the playoffs or the Bucks will take the next step.

Regardless of that, the Raptors should be locked into another 50 win season with Derozan/Lowry at the helm. That's what they've proven, no matter what role players we put around them. Playoffs are a different story though.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#146 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sun Aug 6, 2017 5:34 am

Oh based Patterson, advanced statlord, will we ever overcome your projected statistical loss, and more importantly, the hole you created in our hearts?

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#147 » by Rapsalot » Sun Aug 6, 2017 7:16 am

I think the young guys could help bring energy to win compared to some vets waiting for playoffs. I believe we are 2-4 in East depending on KI issue in Cleveland but could be 5 th in playoffs.
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,291

Post#148 » by raptorstime » Sun Aug 6, 2017 7:34 am

anywhere from 2-4 is fair in my opinion
TackyRapsFan
Veteran
And1: 2,374

Post#149 » by TackyRapsFan » Sun Aug 6, 2017 10:33 am

Vince_Carter15 wrote:

I guess they don't watch Raptors enough to know our losses actually should help us win more games.

Like two or three posts in

This is complete rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
tdot56
Analyst
And1: 3,080

Post#150 » by tdot56 » Mon Aug 7, 2017 2:30 am

Raps likely 3-6 range... 45 wins...

Return to Toronto Raptors